What's new

Garden pinball house?

All finished on the outside this week and really pleased with it. :)

s14.postimg.org_8kv8edrgx_20141107_160830.jpg

Timber framing for internal walls done and started routing electrical cable today until I ran out of 3-core 2.5 and clips. :mad:

s28.postimg.org_hmhmklzal_20141107_160917.jpg

s16.postimg.org_lg641pxf9_20141107_160904.jpg

Really looking forward to finishing it but totally skint , so going to have to wait a while to get stuff in there unless I give another machine the chop.

Big downside to building this has been trouble with one neighbour who we have a 'right of way' with through her back yard area to access our garden. She has no garden, so the green-eyed monster lurked and gave us and the builders sh*te and trouble very day.... May end up with solicitors involved, but I have far more in my favour to give her living hell should I choose to do so..... just quite sad and pathetic it comes to this over what appears to be simple spiteful jealousy. Who f*cking needs neighbours.......

Looking sweet John.
Sorry to hear about the falling out with the neighbours, who needs that shot. Life's to short.
Shouldn't be to long now to wait before it's full of machines.

Good Job John :) Looking awesome!!

WRT the right of way, there's nothing she can do about it - if she physically prevents you access, then seek legal assistance - Failing that, in my experience, Just ignore her....

Thanks lads and your right Paul, that's the current approach. She hasn't blocked it yet, just loads of other things that could be classed as harrassment. Seeing Solicitor soon to confirm my position on which I'm confident is massively in my favour:

- Parking across our drive with H bar present.
- Entering our garden previously without permission, showing animals to her friends. Went in again recently while we were on holiday (wife's brother caught her coming out).
- Letting her dog loose over the whole right of way, entering gardens, scaring our chickens/goats and into people's houses stealing shoes and chewing them up. Snapped at neighbours children a few times too (she treats the right of way over ours and other peoples land as her dog's area as she has no rear garden).
- Interferes and complains about all building work done on our own house and garden (that has nothing to do with her) and lets her dog roam under builders feet to get in their way. Last time she complained about work being done on a Friday afternoon was because it was her birthday ! Can you believe it.... Mark Robinson was here to witness that one.
- Making snidy comments (talking to her dog) about what she's going to do to us when my wife can hear.

It goes on......

You can picture her; 51, butch as a wrestler living on her own, probably never been shagged for about 30 years. All this arising from green-eyed envy it would seem.

Sorry for long post.... just venting. I can handle it but it's getting the missus down and probably needing to see the Doc this week. That affect on my wife just makes my short-fuse trip and I have visions of ramming a spade in the neighbour's head. Wish me luck.....

I feel ya pain JMP. People like her grip my sh1t. Like you say, it's when they bring loved ones down it really ****es you off. We've got a miserable old boot like that in our cul-de-sac.
Hope it sorts itself out.

On a plus note, that's a sweet den:thumbs:

I feel ya pain JMP. People like her grip my sh1t. Like you say, it's when they bring loved ones down it really ****es you off. We've got a miserable old boot like that in our cul-de-sac.
Hope it sorts itself out.

On a plus note, that's a sweet den:thumbs:

Cheers Gaz. Yeah, think there's often one bad apple in a bunch on most lanes/streets.

John, she's the one with a screwed up bitter life, don't let it get to you mate, let her stew in her own miasma of despair (got to use one of my favourite phrases there, thanks mate). Having seen it 1st hand your pin shack is a great build, great quality, its going to be awesome :)

Awesome looking building John.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the crazy woman again. Just try not to hit her over the head with a shovel, else you are not going to get any time to enjoy playing pinballs in your lovely new building

Looking great John.
Hope you can get issues with the cacky neighbour sorted out amicably.
Re funds,sell Scared Stiff,have loads then with money left over for another Gottlieb!!

John, she's the one with a screwed up bitter life, don't let it get to you mate, let her stew in her own miasma of despair (got to use one of my favourite phrases there, thanks mate). Having seen it 1st hand your pin shack is a great build, great quality, its going to be awesome :)

Miasma, heh that's a good one. Will keep it stocked for a nice retort on her bull**** if needed, thanks Matt.

Thanks Luke/Chris. Find me an Excalibur and SS days may be over ! Found one on Pinball Owners not long ago but sold before I got a sniff. Was cheap too.

Anyway, nothing going yet while I can still get work done on it myself, bit by bit.

Looking good John, all you need to do now is get them pins in and stand em up on their ****s..

No comment on the woman.

Nice thinking Carl, why didn't I think of that.

Cheers Shaun, I'll model my pinball domino city on your example. ;)

Awesome looking building John.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the crazy woman again. Just try not to hit her over the head with a shovel, else you are not going to get any time to enjoy playing pinballs in your lovely new building
i just love that classic BOING noise

Reactions: JMP
I recently brought Arena and Victory from John and saw his new pin room which is a great quality build, he said I should post my own effort on here as he had seen it on You Tube so here goes... It took just under a year to do as I did it all myself, I don't think that I would have been able to afford it if I had to pay someone to put it up. Most of the materials were got on the cheap (£4k worth of bricks were less than £900 off ebay!) or haggled for, I recon all in all it cost between 9-10k to do, most of the money went under the ground! let me know what you think!!!

That's less than what mine has cost and is probably twice the size ! Well done Matt, wish I had your skills to have done my own the same way. It's a superb games room outbuilding with a quality internal finish. Love the lighting and displays etc. Great lineup of pins too !

Beautiful, just how mine will look one day..

Matt, your arcade is amazing. Many of us dream of being able to have that, knowing you built it too just shows you deserve it.
Great collections of machines there. :)

Matt, amazing room!
Great idea not to have any windows :) .... just wasted pin space

May I ask if you are using LED strips or Rope light around the top of walls, as I'm looking to do similar?

I recently brought Arena and Victory from John and saw his new pin room which is a great quality build, he said I should post my own effort on here as he had seen it on You Tube so here goes... It took just under a year to do as I did it all myself, I don't think that I would have been able to afford it if I had to pay someone to put it up. Most of the materials were got on the cheap (£4k worth of bricks were less than £900 off ebay!) or haggled for, I recon all in all it cost between 9-10k to do, most of the money went under the ground! let me know what you think!!!

Its like watching Grand Designs!

Makes me feel 16 again. Superb job.

Back
Top Bottom