What's new

Garden pinball house?

Backfill story. Opposite, further down the hill, a block of flats was allowed permission to have a loft extension without anyone consulting our road. The block has only been there for four years yet surprisingly they built it with enough space for two more flats in the top. There windows are going to be looking right into this part of the garden so my wife has said build the biggest pinball cabin you can in that space and block the view.

We went to look at a local timber outbuilding supplier and the question came up about how heigh I can need for pins. The location we have chosen for the outbuilding is next to the boundary with the neighbour. If I go 2m from the boundary I will lose more garden than I wanted to. Is a 2.5m eave height going to restrict me on pin without toppers?

Does the supplier not have any show cabins you can go into to measure? Suppose will depend on the pitch/drop of the roof either side whilst keeping the ridge height under 2.5m. It's the roof supporting frame/beams inside you need to measure up to.

A single pitch roof will give you more internal height but may not look as good....

Sorry haven't got back to you on costings yet. Started gathering the figures, got a bit lost tracking them down then got distracted on other stuff.... Will look at it tonight for you Geoff.

The supplier has so many variations but not the combination I was interested in. I think he was saying that a 2.5m total height was going to give a poor pitch on a 7m wide building.
I am going to talk to the neighbour about the land and see if he cares to split it with me.

Reactions: JMP
Back
Top Bottom