What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year played Full Throttle for two games at Tilt then it stopped working and didn't recover which was good because the game was ****e. At a number of other events its been there and not been working. so in my view they'd have to pay me to take it.

Yes - you are quite right. At Tilt we had 4 I/O boards fail! The connectors for the 50v had melted. Bad contacts between mother/daughter boards. LED backbox screen intermittent. USB hub failed (well the ones they used are poundland supplied by the looks of them). HDMI cable was so tight on lifting the playfield it got damaged....

They had/have some brilliant staff. Stern should hire Dave Saunders and Helmut.

I would not expect Aliens or Full Throttle to be working in 5 years without serious modifications and change to PCBs. Look at games like the Addams family. If you find one on site it us usually taking money and still working - and will likely to be for another 25 years with maintenance

"Better than come up to my bedroom and see my poop eye
emoji.tapatalk_cdn.com_emoji47.png
"
Sheesh. (Insert balls polishing gag here).

You had me sold with "plug.... for a socket.. and an on/off switch."

I don't get ebay anymore: the same games have been in there for months now maybe even years. Do a search on pinball, sort the results from high price to low: There is a list of maybe 50 games and 45 of them are permanent residents. What's the point?
You get the odd new listing that appears occasionally. Stay for a day or two and then get sold presumably outside of ebay. The rest of the time it is a complete waste.
Where are the days when it all made sense?

I did pull it. Got offered £2500 off eBay which I thought was a good offer. However, even after speaking with the guy on the phone and me pulling the auction, his wife has decided they can't have it. First time I listed anything on eBay for about 7 years. Clearly Dan is right, won't be making that mistake again. So if anyone fancies the White Water then let me know.

Cheers, Craig

I've had the same myself you pull the auction and they renege. Best off leaving the auction on until they show up with the folding.

Reactions: JMP
There's plenty of folk ready to lay down a good bid, but its almost always at the very end time of the listing. I was one of those peeps too.

Agreed, should have left it. Ah well, you live and learn, won't be doing EBay again in a hurry, the fee's are a joke anyway

Another nba selling for less than parts value even in 2017

always get a small deposit before pulling eBay auctions!

NBA went for £880.

Restored IJ £3800.
Think I'll be lucky to see it though or unlucky which ever way you see it as the high bidder has gone decidedly quiet since bidding on it. Can't say I'll be too bothered though as it's worth a lot more than that. Typical eBay dreamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom