What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
As per @mufcmufc post last year, makes sense to do the same again. It's all ready for 2017.

"Time to have a new thread to discuss all our favourite auctions from our favourite auction site. The original idea behind this thread was to stop people bidding against each other on wanted items where possible, but feel free to discuss/ridicule/be enraged :D" (mufcmufc)

EDIT : Old thread : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/ebay-auctions-2016.32250/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there should be an auto text added into it as per below to save time

'Have you seen this (insert link) overpriced piece of junk'

Or

'Since when when was a (insert pin name) worth (insert value)'

Can then have an auto reply of

'That will probably go for (insert amount) above what it's worth'

Or

'Thieving bas,ards I just sold them this for (insert amount) and they have done nothing to it'

With a selling fee promo due boxing day I expect a lot of ebay activity before jan 1st. Ebay like to encourage folks to offload unwanted presents. Maybe the odd Hobbit or two? Lol

That's my old one!

Sold it for £2600 so he's going to want his money back on it though.
Anything you need to know then give me a shout.

What he's missed in the description.
Hot pink post sleeves, purple superbands. Hologram lamp upgrade. Was fully working and the triac boards were fixed recently. I'd be inclined to offer him the 2600 for it if you want it @huggers . It's a good one. Original hologram is nice and bright but torn round the edge of the film which you can see when it's lit.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRD
That's my old one!

Sold it for £2600 so he's going to want his money back on it though.
Anything you need to know then give me a shout

Small world the pinball world! It's all good mate, the gf will kill me if I buy another right now. I'll give it a few months...

Small world the pinball world!
You will find a lot of machines get recycled amongst the members of this forum. l have seen four or five of my old machines resurface either on here or on eBay. Always make me wonder how many of each title reside the UK, we need a pinball census to see if that elusive machine we crave after is viable option after all.

Darren, that's not the one you got from me, how long ago was this one yours? I agree that it looks very nice, but no pic of snackbar hole.

"Starting at reasonable price with no reserve" .... wowser, so these things have really taken off. No surprise I suppose, fantastic game. I have still to get that lamp upgrade you mentioned for my new one, does it make a difference?

Darren, that's not the one you got from me, how long ago was this one yours? I agree that it looks very nice, but no pic of snackbar hole.

"Starting at reasonable price with no reserve" .... wowser, so these things have really taken off. No surprise I suppose, fantastic game. I have still to get that lamp upgrade you mentioned for my new one, does it make a difference?

I bought this one from Neil at pinball madness. Let's just say i still lost a little money on it at that price after various parts needed replacing.
The one you sold me isn't going anywhere now. Had missed the game and it does need quite abit of tlc to be fair.
Yes Dan. Get the lamp upgrade as it makes a HELL of a difference. Even when i bought a brand new hologram it wasn't as bright as I'd of hoped. I made my own lamp upgrade for the old creech. Couldn't be bothered this time round so just bought it from the states

Last edited:
And yet another listing ends early......I am discovering its not easy to get your first pinball machine without a huge wad of cash and a van to whisk it away fast !

And yet another listing ends early......I am discovering its not easy to get your first pinball machine without a huge wad of cash and a van to whisk it away fast !
Not on eBay it isn't. I have access to 3 vans so never have a problem whisking them away. Although i find it easier to let Martin deliver them.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for. You might find something cheap from a forum member, but you're always taking a chance on quality and unless you can fix them up yourself you could possibly be left with a shed and a money pit. That creech had alot of hours put into it and whoever got it won't be disappointed.

Very common for them to finish early with an offline sale / ad cancellation - to avoid the ebay fees.

Yep......If there's one lesson I have learn,t its to ignore the auction part and go in with an offer but that opens up a whole new can of worms to a novice like me..........information from members on here like Darren is like gold, didn't,t read it soon enough.
Could someone give me info on Martin, seen him mentioned on here quite abit, does he deliver all over, I am in Ashbourne ,Derbyshire.
What does anyone think the Creech could of gone for given the work it had done on it, I know there's a fair price and then there is the its a beauty and I want it price,...............I have got 3500 ish in the kitty but not sure its high enough on my want list to of gone anywhere near that ........but that's personal choice..........it looked a class machine.

Creech is a £2k machine imo. More for a real peach perhaps. I haven't seen the one you're referring to though.

You've got a healthy budget there so should have no trouble getting something nice.

Just strike when the irons hot. Don't ponder it too long or someone will have it. That's the reality these days I'm afraid.

Martin is top notch for delivery due to the care he takes. £85 flat fee anywhere in UK. You may need to be patient to fit in with his logistics. You are also lucky as he is based not far from you.

It all depends on how many people want to buy at the moment you do. If there is no one wanting a certain title when you go for it, you may get it way cheaper than you think. Especially if it hangs around for a while. Chuck in a couple of other buyers at exactly the same time you want to buy and higher offers become the norm. Most if not all members here wont entertain gazumping of any sort so you just have to be quick with the 'ill take it' reply, but on ebay, its rife.

Once a few good machines sell for good money, all other sellers immediately bring their prices inline with the market (as they should). What's often missed is the up close condition of a machine that can only be properly assessed in person and after playing it for a while. Always a recipe for disappointment should you decide to buy without going to play or view it first.

Martin is well known in the hobby, but everyone uses him so you may end up waiting a while to get a machine delivered to you. Best option is to have a van (your own, borrowed, or rental) cash in hand, and a willingness to pick up at anytime from anywhere.

Yep......If there's one lesson I have learn,t its to ignore the auction part and go in with an offer but that opens up a whole new can of worms to a novice like me..........information from members on here like Darren is like gold, didn't,t read it soon enough.
Could someone give me info on Martin, seen him mentioned on here quite abit, does he deliver all over, I am in Ashbourne ,Derbyshire.
What does anyone think the Creech could of gone for given the work it had done on it, I know there's a fair price and then there is the its a beauty and I want it price,...............I have got 3500 ish in the kitty but not sure its high enough on my want list to of gone anywhere near that ........but that's personal choice..........it looked a class machine.
Another option you have is to put a wanted ad on the forum if you know what you want and how much you want to spend. That way your buying from someone who knows what they're selling and they'll be honest about what they're selling, also from personal experience they'll be there for you when you need help afterwards.

I agree with @Cmor111. A wanted add on the forum and plenty of things will come out the woodwork. That is a healthy budget and you could get 2 good machines for that or three players machines. On the forum you stand less chance of running into a total duffer and most machines have been through a few hands here so usually looked after in some shape or form. Personally I would go for a couple of tidy pins so you have some variety. Most, but not all, are fairly priced so can be easy to trade back into the forum if you ever want to. You do need to be quick though if you want something, but if you miss out, ask for second dibbs.

Martin 07748 521550. Usually up for a natter so make sure you're sitting comfortably when you call!

Am currently trying out an alternative to Martin to move something - I am advised the same care is given, however is a little more "timely". Recommended to me by a guy who ships allwins machines all around the country. Will report back...

I bought this one from Neil at pinball mania. Let's just say i still lost a little money on it at that price after various parts needed replacing.
The one you sold me isn't going anywhere now. Had missed the game and it does need quite abit of tlc to be fair.
Yes Dan. Get the lamp upgrade as it makes a HELL of a difference. Even when i bought a brand new hologram it wasn't as bright as I'd of hoped. I made my own lamp upgrade for the old creech. Couldn't be bothered this time round so just bought it from the states

Have you got a link for the lamp upgrade?

Thanks for the advice everyone, the delivery side of things is particularly helpful.
Will put a wanted ad up shortly and see what happens.
Had not even thought about getting 2 for variety until I read your post Anton........the furniture has already been moved, if only mentally........I have room......Brilliant !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom