What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy wonka...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date

UK prices are a bit odd. SE is £7.5k, LE is £9.4k and CE is £13k. Why the different conversions from $ to £ for each model?

I could have sworn I saw the Standard at £8.5k or did I imagine that?

One question, just looking at the models, why the hell didn't they use Purple for the powder coat on the LE or CE? Red makes no sense with the theme?!?!? It’s like they had some red left over to use.........

They reduced the price and took a mech out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After watching a part of the stream this morning before having to go do diy chores, it does look good and fun but I hope there’s more of a darker theme to it possibly with the gene wilder comments and speech. The music reminds me of woz and seem abit happy chippy chappy for me.

Also code seems early and sounds from listening to some comments on coders early they didn’t seem to happy to be show
ing it now. Maybe they had to rush to get it all done in time and playing? Sure it will get plenty of updates in time though

Would like to see some detailed modes for each kids fate . Kind of a no brainier for mode progression

Had 5 games on it now! And have to say I really like it!

Loads of film footage but no audio to the clips atm due to extremely early code!

@DanLewell managed to get to elevator multiball which was cool 😎

The code in the US game had the sound, but I also noticed the code on that French game had red colour for the score but its white on the stream from BP last night.

I’ve owned a WOZ and currently own a Hobbit and both pins have came a long way since there initial release.
A lot of early adopters took this on the chin and the ones that stuck with them were rewarded in the end.
I’m sure what we are seeing now with Wonka is a fraction of how it will become!
I’m a big fan of Lawler and his typical layout and have faith in JJP his visionary team who have gone above and beyond supporting their older pins including my TH & WOZ
IMO we are lucky in this hobby to have multiple Pin manufacturers otherwise for good or bad the likes of Stern would use their monopoly even more so than they do now.
Competition is healthy and we benefit so fingers crossed long live JJP and pinball in general you can only enjoy classic W/B pins to a point and keeping it fresh is the way forward :thumbs:

I’ve owned a WOZ and currently own a Hobbit and both pins have came a long way since there initial release.
A lot of early adopters took this on the chin and the ones that stuck with them were rewarded in the end.
I’m sure what we are seeing now with Wonka is a fraction of how it will become!
I’m a big fan of Lawler and his typical layout and have faith in JJP his visionary team who have gone above and beyond supporting their older pins including my TH & WOZ
IMO we are lucky in this hobby to have multiple Pin manufacturers otherwise for good or bad the likes of Stern would use their monopoly even more so than they do now.
Competition is healthy and we benefit so fingers crossed long live JJP and pinball in general you can only enjoy classic W/B pins to a point and keeping it fresh is the way forward :thumbs:

They said on the stream that it will be code complete at sale time

I'm not fanning any flames or that but,
You are a hard man to read Neil. Leading up to this I got the impression you had seen the pin in action and was blown away with it. A few wee comments here and there would suggest it was the pin to have. But here's you saying it is the worst pin to come out since pinballs rebirth.
Same with Stern. I thought you were a bit of a Stern fan boy. But when the game is dropped, you seem to rip them to pieces.
That's not a dig or anything. It seems that you are one of the main pinball folk in the UK. I just don't see why companies would want to give you the heads up on pins with an attitude like this.

I love Gene Wilder, Willy Wonka is one of favourite films after Rita, Sue & Bob too!!
I would say this machine looks fantastic but unless you can alter the sound without turning it down Gene Wilders voice during the boat scene would get on my tits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not fanning any flames or that but,
You are a hard man to read Neil. Leading up to this I got the impression you had seen the pin in action and was blown away with it. A few wee comments here and there would suggest it was the pin to have. But here's you saying it is the worst pin to come out since pinballs rebirth.
Same with Stern. I thought you were a bit of a Stern fan boy. But when the game is dropped, you seem to rip them to pieces.
That's not a dig or anything. It seems that you are one of the main pinball folk in the UK. I just don't see why companies would want to give you the heads up on pins with an attitude like this.

I'm just a pinball bozo dood. I'm not looking for anything from the companies other than great games. pinball is a just hobby for me, one of many, I speak to the designers and give them a view that's positive they can take it or leave it. Unfortunately people like Chris have such a disappointing life their only highlight is to come on pinball info and have a dig at me, I'm happy to take it because I'm a charitable guy and I genuinely pity him.

With regards to Wonka, yes I saw pictures of the game ahead of release and the WonkaVision that I was going on about is a cool feature - but I'm also saying the theme integration and artwork suck and the code isn't what I would expect given its missing some key things from the movie - but I haven't played the game but will play it later then I'll give you my opinion but folks know I don't like Pat Lawlor games so I am not expecting to like this. I have a dialled in I don't really like it but it comes up in competition a lot and its hard so I bought it to practice, its grown on me but its not a keeper. With munsters I got a head of playing the game but was happy to admit being wrong. Jack himself told me to come to France which was kept a big secret so that loads of folks didn't flood the place to play the game. I was hoping to be at MGC but other stuff happened so heading to France later to play the game. If folks don't like what I post they can ignore me.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does the LE not have the Super Secret Machine?

The list between the 3 models- LE looks bland, when you read it, it is padded out a bit

Difference from what I can see is
Playfield with Sparkle, Apron, shooter rod, Pinblades and backglass...

@Neil McRae looking forward to receiving some gameplay feedback, let us know if you find out anything ref license omissions please on Wonka whilst in France, appreciated.
Shame they have to leave out cool stuff as they can’t get the licenses.......

Only just had time to look, so not seen stream yet.

But I did find Kid Multiball pretty funny.

I guess it could have been worse.

Brat Multiball :D

not sure its worthy of effort to argue with a fool who bought Munsters (And an LE too!) but when you do learn to read you'll see that my criticism is that they haven't used any of the key theme moments from the movie; I'll quote it for you again and number it to make it easier to understand:

1: No Pure Imagination,
2: No Oompa,
3: no the candy man

Looks like you are on your own with bk3000 neil munsters le sold more than the whole of bk3000 to date inc pro premium and le
But you know best

Watching now.

Amazingly colourful, great flow, great shots.

Sound package not my cup of tea!

Must be most colourful game ever?

JJP are going to sell a ton of these.

Back
Top Bottom