What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy wonka...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
You Pat Lawlor fans will love this - shoots lovely with its super wide shots. The upper flipper is great, lower a bit fiddly and this game felt underpowered. Feels a lot like Addams in the way it shoots. This game is a proto with the CE art and the LE armour which looks a lot better than the stock one, they should change it to this.

Feels a lot liked Dialed in - Not really my cup of tea and not the miracle saviour of pinball another marmite game from JJP. I’d like to see if you could make it play faster then I might be interested!

d8fb8769db3962a716129bed73078a5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Video of Wonka from today...

this one had LE trim with CE artwork which in my view looks a lot better than the red...

Agreee wholehartedly on the side cab art but If you look at the playfield it looks like a real quality build

Compare that the real cheap plasticy figures on recent the deadpool and maiden pros ! The Wonka Looks much better

Yeah the IMDN figures are a bit tacky and IMDN has no real "toys" but it plays like a beast.

More worryingly, when we talk of WW in the future will it get mixed up with that all time classic White Water?

There's a seriously problem here which Pat didn't address.

Perhaps we call this WIWO?

Video of Wonka from today...

this one had LE trim with CE artwork which in my view looks a lot better than the red...

JJP do lights really well and it does look like a chocolate factory - which looks cool, not personally sold on those insert lights, reminds me of RoadShow and not sold on it on that either.

The shot into the pops left of the gobstopper is really satisfying.

Do JJP use a different process for their playfield over Stern? They always look different.

Do JJP use a different process for their playfield over Stern? They always look different.

I think Stern still use screen print whilst JJP use digital printing via Mirco.

Neil.

WW not as confusing as SS Space shuttle ? .. station . Super sonic ? Zac Shuttle? Strikes n Spares? Nope scared stoff

Anyway wonka surely WWATCF

you need your eyes testing Simon! This integration is terrible, most of the time you are looking at some sort of mission control desk, its no different to any other JJP In that regard. Iron Maiden wasn't great either - the king is Batman 66 closely followed by Alien.

Wow me n Neil agree on summat.Yes BM66 theme integration is fantastic

If Roald had his say it would be CATCF?
Not sure why they changed the name for the first film.

The film was paid for by Quaker Oats Company. They wanted to tie the film to a new chocolate bar they were going to release, so the movie was renamed from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The Wonka chocolate though was made badly and melted on the shelves and quickly disappeared. Nestle bought Willy Wonka chocolate company after that...

apparently Mars own the rights to the candy man and wanted dollars many (or atleast dollars more than JJP would cough up!) if JJP wanted to use it...

The film was paid for by Quaker Oats Company. They wanted to tie the film to a new chocolate bar they were going to release, so the movie was renamed from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The Wonka chocolate though was made badly and melted on the shelves and quickly disappeared. Nestle bought Willy Wonka chocolate company after that...

Interesting info, i alway thought the name change was because of a disagreement with roald on licensing terms etc, so they changed the name to get round some stuff. Though i'm not sure if this is just one of those urban myths, as it doesn't make 100% sense.

Interesting info, i alway thought the name change was because of a disagreement with roald on licensing terms etc, so they changed the name to get round some stuff. Though i'm not sure if this is just one of those urban myths, as it doesn't make 100% sense.

He also hated the film

Have a read of this :)

Having had a bit of time to digest the reveal and watch a few more vids I'm a little bit more disappointed with this. I think it's the whole 'vibe' is off and doesn't give me the same warm feeling as watching the film. It's been filtered through a Candy Crush phone app and come out feeling very sterile and uncreative. Hopefully it'll get better but at the moment it looks like it's slightly compromised by the license.

So how come David Thiel isn't doing sound for this? Is he at Deeproot now?

This is one of those games that if you are a buyer you really, really, REALLY have to love the theme !

JJP seem to be improving so really interested to see what Guns and Roses is like.

Could be pretty epic on the JJP sound system, with Slash doing the call outs.

And hopefully out this year.

Yeah the IMDN figures are a bit tacky and IMDN has no real "toys" but it plays like a beast.

Perhaps we call this WIWO?

Agree, flat plastics on Maiden are a cost cutting disappointment.

So far ordered three 3D replacements as the game is so good, it's worth spending a bit to make it a bit better.

Hoping this fits when it arrives! NECA 2 mins to midnight figure.

1300x-14924_2minutesto-Midnight.jpg

Back
Top Bottom