What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy wonka...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I was hoping to see the chocolate river tunnel integrated into the playfield. Along the lines of shooting three balls into the chocolate river tunnel would start a multi-ball mode, then you would see a clip from the film of all the children and parents being scare with Willy Wonka singing in the background.

My excitement levels have been pegged back a few notches.

Worse integration than Popeye? Bloody hell thats a harsh statement.

As a theme it’s got to be more fun than CSI.
Oi! Popeye game story is arguably mental but can't argue not integrated into gameplay - you are basically beating the crap out of Bluto and rescuing Olive! That IS the Popeye theme [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Oi! Popeye game story is arguably mental but can't argue not integrated into gameplay - you are basically beating the crap out of Bluto and rescuing Olive! That IS the Popeye theme [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Isn’t it all about rescuing animals for some random reason?

Also. This is going to sound really bad but did anyone else read the message about “shooting your balls into a chocolate tunnel” and snigger.

My opinion is as follows:
The rules look good and easy to follow with some dept to them.
The art is just so so and was looking for more.
Toys nothing new and kinda meh and back to the camera capolo again.
It's better than that black knight s,h,I,t,e but miles behind a munsters Le.
Overall I'm not a lover of jjp stuff and this won't swing me over to them.
This year's made games so far Alice cooper and Beatles stand out.

Tut tut John..... That is just a part of the mental storyline / game [emoji16] I refer you to my Ultimate Guide To Popeye for further details... Please don't make me talk about Popeye *again*[emoji23]

'You're free Mr Leopard! '

Sent from my Eagles nest using Tapatalk

Worse integration than Popeye? Bloody hell thats a harsh statement.

As a theme it’s got to be more fun than CSI.

From a big screen point of view its very disspaoointing, there should be more going on rather than a big status screen, they have sooooo many assets and have barely used them except in one of the multi ball modes.

HOW can they NOT have used the oompaloompah song or did I miss it in the stream?

The core of the game feels a little like dialled in but instead of SIM cards you collect golden tickets? even the bottom of the game with a little change on the left is identical to Dialed in which is drain central.

Also. This is going to sound really bad but did anyone else read the message about “shooting your balls into a chocolate tunnel” and snigger.
Wasn't quite sure how else to explain it. My inner school boy humour has got me sniggering too.

I'm I the only one that thinks JJP art is like the Sega art. Put Id4 or Twister next to this or Pirates and it has the same washy pastel colour scheme with movie images plastered all over it.

Is this the Munsters LE that doesn't even have drop targets, instead having a single target bank for multiple hits?

That said the hype for this and other new pins is boring. It's always going to be the best thing ever and then when it's shown people say it's the worst thing ever. Hype seems to make opinions binary.

LOL so you think Munsters is a better game than black knight? LOL Put those drugs down dood.

It’s entirely possible that they haven’t been able to license any of the songs. They wouldn’t have necessarily have come packaged with the film rights.

Might explain why none of them have appeared in the release

Did WOZ have any of the songs in it?

you get the odd flash of oompah but they should have had that as a mode.

And the guy they have got doing call outs sounds like he's in the death by boredom waiting room.

Well I think it looks brilliant. The playfield layout is the best I've seen for years.

Give them a chance to finish the software before complaining about lack of specific clips or callouts from the film.

$2000 saving just to sacrifice the ball lock? Very tempting!

So folks thought the Black Knight music grates, JJP "Hold my beer!".

LOL

I can see them saving this with code, if they make it a bit more exciting, kill that narrator and get more of the core of the movie and the music in the game and much more of Gene's dry humour.

like when you drain there should be him being sarcastic...

Certainly did John - we must both have a warped sense of humour 😁 shooting two balls into the chocolate river tunnel would be enough (who has three :oops:)

Just a good job @cooldan isn't on this thread otherwise dread to think what gifs there might be.

I'm guessing there's a lot more to come from the code with callouts, animations and rules?

Woz and the Hobbit changed significantly with updates, even years later more good stuff kept coming.

need to see how it shoots, when Keefer was playing you got a much better sense of the flow of the game but from a stream and theme point of view I'm disappointed although I thought the movie sucked anyway and I did buy Iron Maiden lol. I didn't like Dialed in when it came out but it grew on me. But I doubt this game is going to save them if they need saving.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom