What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy wonka...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Well I think it looks brilliant. The playfield layout is the best I've seen for years.

Give them a chance to finish the software before complaining about lack of specific clips or callouts from the film.

$2000 saving just to sacrifice the ball lock? Very tempting!

Looks ace doesn’t it? The whole package has me giddy!

Hating a machine cos it doesn’t have the Oompa Loompa song in it. Get a grip ffs :rofl:

not sure its worthy of effort to argue with a fool who bought Munsters (And an LE too!) but when you do learn to read you'll see that my criticism is that they haven't used any of the key theme moments from the movie; I'll quote it for you again and number it to make it easier to understand:

1: No Pure Imagination,
2: No Oompa,
3: no the candy man

Oh and no grand entrance either with the legendary somersault! But to be honest the theme is secondary to me to how the game plays and when I play one I’ll give my view on that!

But in my view:

Art work 1/5
Sound 0/5
Theme Integration 0/5
Code 1/5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to list all the new and interesting toys or mechs on this game and I'm struggling. The secret machine is unique but ultimately just a redesigned scoop/gobble hole and the gobstopper spinning isn't interactive. The only other mech is the Wonkavator which isn't in the standard and looks a bit cheap and functional to be honest. All the other toys are just non interactive table furniture then add the now traditional JJP second mini LCD screen.

Of course it seems to be loaded with magnets, diverters and all those tiny inserts are quite cool too. Just a bit disappointing that there are no spectacular mechanical toys in a license where you would expect at least one. POTC has more innovation and mechanical magic than this.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the cabinet art. The front artwork seems to be identical on all three models and doesn't match the sides on any. Backbox side art is identical on all three too at least on the images we have so far. It's sort of good that the main cabinet artwork gets better with each model upgrade. Weird how often Stern's Pro cabinet artwork is the best version with the Premium and LE being too focussed on one tiny aspect of the theme.

Still more excited about this game than any others for a long time, especially after seeing it shoot. Hopefully we'll see a fair few of these in the UK soon. Get your wallets out rich dudes... then I can buy it off you in 6 years when I've saved up!

not sure its worthy of effort to argue with a fool who bought Munsters (And an LE too!) but when you do learn to read you'll see that my criticism is that they haven't used any of the key theme moments from the movie; I'll quote it for you again and number it to make it easier to understand:

1: No Pure Imagination,
2: No Oompa,
3: no the candy man

Getting called a fool by you :(

I take it all back, Mr Pinball. You're right.

Oompa is in there. You need to rattle it round the pops.

Yeah I heard it but it should be a mode, its one the most iconic parts of the movie, I suspect they might have missed it out for some sort of PC reason:

Oh and no grand entrance either with the legendary somersault! But to be honest the theme is secondary to me to how the game plays and when I play one I’ll give my view on that!

But in my view:

Art work 1/5
Sound 0/5
Theme Integration 0/5
Code 1/5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And like anyone seriously pays any attention to the absolute crap you usually come out with on a daily basis. Becoming boring Neil now......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And like anyone seriously pays any attention to the absolute crap you usually come out with on a daily basis. Becoming boring Neil now......

His lack of self awareness really is quite astounding.

Chris! "meeee old mucka!" I was waiting for you to turn up soon my other forum stalker will be here, have you sent him a text yet?

Why don't you put me on ignore? Then you never _EVER_ need to see the absolute crap that I come out with, and I don't need to mark you 0/5 for your use of the word "Becoming" when you try to be smart.

Weird how often Stern's Pro cabinet artwork is the best version with the Premium and LE being too focussed on one tiny aspect of the theme.

I couldn’t agree more! Star Wars springs to mind with this! The LE art is terrible compared to the Pro

Give it a couple months and Neil will be ***zing all over it. He was all over monsters to start with very fickle lol

yeah hands up on munsters, that wasn't just bad, it was terrible. But like I said above, theme is secondary but I think they've missed out on it, heading to France to go play the game now so I can give my opinion for Chris to then post he thinks my opinion is "absolute crap" and hopefully use the word "Becoming" again.

Cheers,
Neil.

It looks great, +1 this is an uber nostalgic theme for many of us n here of a certain age (I specifically remember watching it first air on TV), +1 it's not Dad Rock for a change. :D

I'm sure everybody who buys will really enjoy it.

I really like the look of it

It’s looks like one of the better pins to debut in recent years

Might have to look at a CE if I can ship out my AFM

UK prices are a bit odd. SE is £7.5k, LE is £9.4k and CE is £13k. Why the different conversions from $ to £ for each model?

Back
Top Bottom