What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Just had a few games before updating the code and I have to say I am really enjoying it, even on very early code (0.8 something!).

Going to upgrade the code and fit my non-reflective glass (if any pin needs it, it’s this one in my opinion!). Then it’s the lighted speaker kit and the UV kit and dice shooter, which are on order! Looks like a nice machine to tastefully mod!

Last edited:
Nice work! Was that the adjustments video in a previous post?

yeah the left loop exit to left flipper makes a big difference. I bent the bottom edge of the rail alittle so the ball misses the left sling. I also adjusted the shooter lane exit gate so the right loop exit feeds the right flipper easier

What's the issues with the telekenis lock multiball? Is Stern issuing a fix?

Sent from my Atari 2600

What's the issues with the telekenis lock multiball? Is Stern issuing a fix?

Sent from my Atari 2600
There is quite a lot of info on pinside about it Ol , I know it’s been winding CB up for some time ... could be an early model issue?

Does anyone know what the differences are if you play in tournament mode on this machine?

usually tournament mode takes out any randomness of the game.

tournament mode usually doesn't affect that. "install tournament" which is different often turns off extra balls.

why you asking?

They are running a weekly tournament in the local gaming centre on Stranger Things and you have to start the game with the tournament button. I wondered what the difference was when playing in this mode. I assume it records the scores in a different table, but wasn’t sure how it affected game play.

They are running a weekly tournament in the local gaming centre on Stranger Things and you have to start the game with the tournament button. I wondered what the difference was when playing in this mode. I assume it records the scores in a different table, but wasn’t sure how it affected game play.

I thought it just recorded the scores and doesn’t give out credits. I thought the game play was the same.

ah yeah with stern's there is confusion between competition mode and tournament mode. competition mode just turns the randomness off and a few other adjustments depending on the game. usually doesn't turn of extra balls.

Tournament mode - this mode is usually set up to collect a pot of money for the winner. Usually it takes out any randomness awards that might benefit you that someone else might not get and I'm pretty sure in tournament mode, I thought it took out extra balls but I think that might be machine dependant.

Well the uv kit is in and its amazing, totally worth the cash to add it on. If stern made more of these types of add ons for pro games then i'd definitely buy more. Nice to 'unlock' features of the production that are hidden to begin with. I do understand the feeling that le owners should have got this for free though. At the pro level i'm just glad they still kept it as an option.

Nice metal brackets for the ramp uv lights to, though i did have some trouble with the threads on them for the ramp screws so need to re-tap a couple of them. Other than that nice straight forward install and almost a spare set of plastics now to. I guess there will be loads of sets of std stranger thing plastic without the uv add ons about though.

IMG_7673.JPG

Not sure about the ramp decal now though, as it doesnt have any cutouts for the ramp rivets, so not sure how thats going to fit flat without some modifications.

IMG_7678.JPG

Played a Tmnt and a stranger things yesterday. Preferred stranger things myself. Would go into detail but know none of you would be interested.........K. Oh and it had a u.v. Kit on it, agree it’s cool, and different. (Unlike bashing a button for pizza 🍕, think we have seen that somewhere before........).

Played a Tmnt and a stranger things yesterday. Preferred stranger things myself. Would go into detail but know none of you would be interested.........K. Oh and it had a u.v. Kit on it, agree it’s cool, and different. (Unlike bashing a button for pizza 🍕, think we have seen that somewhere before........).

Was good to see you over at Tobins the other day Keith 💥
Yep ST defo a better game than Turtles
And that ST is well sexy still debating what to do 🙈

Back
Top Bottom