What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

@myPinballs I'm not a fan of the pro Translite tbh. Hoping for an after market one in due course.
I like the PF and the colour changing light effects.
Just waiting for UV kit which takes it up a notch.
The kit should have been in the LE in my humble opinion as part of the LE upsell.
But I guess then Stern would get backlash if they made it then available to pro and prem owners.

Cracking game though.

@myPinballs I'm not a fan of the pro Translite tbh. Hoping for an after market one in due course.
I like the PF and the colour changing light effects.
Just waiting for UV kit which takes it up a notch.
The kit should have been in the LE in my humble opinion as part of the LE upsell.
But I guess then Stern would get backlash if they made it then available to pro and prem owners.

Cracking game though.

it’s great that the uv kit fits all models. Are you happy with your pro and the overal features?. if I got one pro level would be where I was. No hassle with magnet ball locky thing either. Also, how much does a protector thing really change a game?

I also don’t mind the art and I am big fan of the show. I know what you mean about the white vans though!

it’s great that the uv kit fits all models. Are you happy with your pro and the overal features?. if I got one pro level would be where I was. No hassle with magnet ball locky thing either. Also, how much does a protector thing really change a game?

@astyy and I are still getting into it. Game play is good, call outs about right and pleased they were allowed to use the original opening theme music.
I need to send the sling plastics to @Colywobbles so he can make up some protectors.

I was interested in the tri ball TK but after research, it's hard to achieve and for the extra couple of thousands it commands I went for the Pro and added the Arcade sign, a shaker and Joices light wall. Along with the UV kit it's a nice Pro++ game.

I've put glow in the dark rubbers on to enhance Upside Down mode.

Playfield protector. Fitted to protect the investment. Even HUO games are getting dimples on the playfield. Stern must using Balsa wood!

The game is at the correct orientation. There is sliding of the ball on occasions. And some air balls. I have factory defaults on but might soften the sling shots as they are the cause of the air balls.

The ball does catch behind the centre drop target bank, but the game seems to know and drops the bank down to release the ball quickly.

When I fit the mirror HIP as side blades I will move the drain posts which everyone says it needs to be done.

@astyy and I are still getting into it. Game play is good, call outs about right and pleased they were allowed to use the original opening theme music.
I need to send the sling plastics to @Colywobbles so he can make up some protectors.

I was interested in the tri ball TK but after research, it's hard to achieve and for the extra couple of thousands it commands I went for the Pro and added the Arcade sign, a shaker and Joices light wall. Along with the UV kit it's a nice Pro++ game.

Playfield protector. Fitted to protect the investment. Even HUO games are getting dimples on the playfield. Stern must using Balsa wood!

The game is at the correct orientation. There is sliding of the ball on occasions. And some air balls. I have factory defaults on but might soften the sling shots as they are the cause of the air balls.

The ball does catch behind the centre drop target bank, but the game seems to know and drops the bank down to release the ball quickly.

When I fit the mirror HIP as side blades I will move the drain posts which everyone says it needs to be done.
Get them sent I’ll do same day turnaround if they arrive early enough.
I received JP ones late yesterday and they were done and ready to post 1st thing This morning.
10058A77-B8D6-4A72-9049-4FF175A4BA9A.jpeg
Col

Also for me! The flasher lamps flash slowly like the anti collision lights on top of building so not a hard flash which I really like in attract. They flash alternativly which makes me think someone has watched ST and noted this very slight detail.

I had to adjust the ball guide on the left side and I did chucks burn it back mod to loop the ball out of the saucer - mine plays great - I’ve got it steep though / I going to stream this Friday night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get the Cleelands sound update it lifts an already awesome sound package 💥

Is the Joyces light wall a topper?

There is a topper version of it and a playfield version (infact two playfield versions).

There is a topper version of it and a playfield version (infact two playfield versions).
Thanks Neil, anyone got any links to mods for this? I have the UV kit coming via Phil but would like to see the joyce wall mod, google just shows me a weepy Winona infront of the lights!

on mezel there's a speaker mod version of it. I thought there was another play field mod but its the arcade sign.

I've ordered the lermod's stranger things stuff that should arrive next week.

Thanks Keith, massively appreciate your help. I can sleep tonight.
God damn it! I really fancy a stranger things, (probably pro level) but i just cant get passed the frikin horrible artwork. I know i'm going to get flamed a million times about the fact you dont play the artwork and all that nonsense, but how did they manage to **** this up so badly? Why so many white vans everywhere??? It wasn't hard to make this an awesome art package either...

Maybe i'm just too much of a 'theme is most important' kind of person and these are business items to so artwork doesnt really matter, but man i hate the frikin vans so much!! Ha ha The attached pic should have been used as cabinet cab art or translite on the pro. its a no brainer..

Rant over! :)

View attachment 118388
Out of all the recent stern games I have had all of them in le st smashes it out of the park for me I do think non of the art packages look particularly good on this game my le will never go but I think a pro would give the same enjoyment I would miss the projector but not the stupid lock ramp that I disable anyway
Classic Brian eddy layout super smooth shots great sounds and tons of cool movie footage the cleland sound package is just the cherry on top

I have caved in and ordered a Pro!

You Won’t regret it , It’s an awesome machine.

My UV kit and spinny sign thing is finally being fitted tomorrow by the Grizz as I havnt had the kahoonas to attempt it 😂

Also just installed the latest code and Cleeland update , looking forward to a few beer and a few games tomorrow for the first time on the new code.

Really hope that stern do implement the video mode and also make use of
The lockdown button .

My UV kit and spinny sign thing is finally being fitted tomorrow by the Grizz as I havnt had the kahoonas to attempt it 😂

Also just installed the latest code and Cleeland update , looking forward to a few beer and a few games tomorrow for the first time on the new code.

The lockdown button .

Thanks, looking forward to having it at home! Ordered the UV kit and Dice Shooter Rod!

Does anyone know if there is a topper coming?

The lockdown button .

a few things still not used in the mystery scoop so let’s hope so
And good call on the action button will does nothing yet

epic day of pinball , beer and pizza.
Had @Sgt GrizZ and @Matt Adams over installing the UV kit and spinny sign thingy on ST today. Also finally the dementia apron changed on RFM 🤣

Bloody Grand Champion score gone again as well 🤬

The UV kit is super cool , didn’t realise how good it could be until seeing it on the game.

utterly **** that it’s not included in the prem or LE but it’s so good and well worth the cashola.

View attachment 118705View attachment 118706View attachment 118707View attachment 118708View attachment 118709

Back
Top Bottom