What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Protectors arrived today from @Colywobbles . I went for clear but also tested blue & yellow.
Yellow came out well out of the 3. What do you think?
Lean into Col for your protectors!

Attachments

• 20200917_134238.jpg
    20200917_134238.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200917_134512.jpg
    20200917_134512.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200917_135418.jpg
    20200917_135418.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 52
Found the vid

Looks like i need to adjust the rhs loop to as mine isnt feeding the right flipper either, hits a post every time and bounces into the middle of the playfield

Thanks for the heads up on this vid.
This video has helped me dial it in after fitting the UV kit, thanks for link Jim. Wow!! This game is amazing! I know i was vocal about the kit being a cheeky add on but bloody hell its worth it! Also the blue plastic kit from Col works great with the UV for anyone interested...

So I got a ST! Had it 3 days, installed the UV kit - all awesome.

Last night the ramp failed as it was opening for the Demogorgon.. Went into test and did the game specific ramp tests and it kept failing. I looked at the switches that appear to inform the game when it should stop at each full movement (fully up, fully down) but it didn't appear to be those as it would get stuck and have FAILURE in the test always at random midway intervals.

Anyhow glass off and a manual movement of the ramp and it felt a bit tight, I wobbled it left and right and that appeared to loosen it enough and the tests then worked once again.

Anyhow - what I am getting to is.. how tight or loose are your ramps? Does the hinge feel like it has resistance and make a unhealthy noise when moving?

Thanks

Last night the ramp failed as it was opening for the Demogorgon.. Went into test and did the game specific ramp tests and it kept failing. I looked at the switches that appear to inform the game when it should stop at each full movement (fully up, fully down) but it didn't appear to be those as it would get stuck and have FAILURE in the test always at random midway intervals.

Anyhow glass off and a manual movement of the ramp and it felt a bit tight, I wobbled it left and right and that appeared to loosen it enough and the tests then worked once again.

Anyhow - what I am getting to is.. how tight or loose are your ramps? Does the hinge feel like it has resistance and make a unhealthy noise when moving?

Thanks

my ramp is smooth and pretty quiet. No strange noises. Don’t hear anything other than the motor itself

Thanks

Did you get it NIB or secondhand?

Mine is also pretty quiet and smooth, although mine is mis-aligned (slight to the left), so waiting to hear back from Phil / Stern about how to adjust it.

Good luck and keep us posted. It’s a great game though!

Second hand NIB if that makes any sense.

Mines misaligned too. I'll get a photo up.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Second hand NIB if that makes any sense.

Mines misaligned too. I'll get a photo up.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Yeah, I would like to see them and now it compares to mine.

I assume your issues must be switch related, where the machine thinks the ramp / flap is down.

You ramp gaps are uniform between the non moving screen bits. Mine isn't
, I think it's something to do with that.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Yeah, I would like to see them and now it compares to mine.

I assume your issues must be switch related, where the machine thinks the ramp / flap is down.
I don't think it is switch related as it stops anywhere. I think possibly resistance from the hinge/setup causes it to stop.

Looks a GIGANTIC NIGHTMARE to take apart :(

Sent from my Atari 2600

Ok it's getting jammed on a metal clip which I haven't worked out what it is yet. Possibly from a gate?40aa20a4d8608b2fe58f943f8155fb12.jpge648af563c8aeaa6d0f662e0db4fbdb3.jpg4818e2349b00c7d9dc819598824b25ff.jpg

Sent from my Atari 2600

I've dismantled most of the plastics around the Demogorgon.

It's the gate.dad73e5977c1eb39faa63b055d9dfb9c.jpgc1efcaa6834076815dbe207a4c775f7b.jpg

Sent from my Atari 2600

We're back in Hawkins.

Anyone getting any marks on the mylar that's fitted where the ramp comes down onto the playfield?

Sent from my Atari 2600

Back
Top Bottom