What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

About the show. I loved series one. Really fresh but at the same time traditional and captured the vibe of the 80's brilliantly. It paid homage to some classic 80's horror and was genuinely well written. By the time series 3 came around and the kids were infiltrating a Russian military base at the end of the cold war conveniently built under the local mall they lost me a bit. Don't get me wrong it's still fun but it definitely went massively downhill. Also, holy **** the 11 backstory episode in series 2 was borderline unwatchable. Nothing on the pin of course which looks genuinely awesome! But yeah, the Duffer brothers need to stop.

If you are a fan of the show, thoughly recommend this book. Got it for Xmas a year or so back. Really nicely put together. This sort of attention to detail is also what increases licenced items art expectations

It’s made as an old second hand book. Even has a ‘fair’ condition orange sticker!! Ha ha

8FD8CC1F-AFBC-4471-BDA6-AD1369AAFC1C.jpeg
645F1F45-1D20-4159-B5B9-0B6AE5F773AB.jpegCAA8678B-6899-4A7B-AA73-0058086D927B.jpeg89038E44-E104-4C85-BA51-0A45B0960E31.jpeg9E36DA16-FF25-4921-9756-948B9C2ACCE7.jpeg2473E0D9-CE8E-4863-ACBE-B3B0DD73032F.jpeg
57BE33FC-7597-49ED-93F4-CB2B23FDD3DD.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are a fan of the show, thoughly recommend this book. Got it for Xmas a year or so back. Really nicely put together. This sort of attention to detail is also what increases licenced items art expectations

It’s made as an old second hand book. Even hasa ‘fair’ condition orange sticker!! Ha ha

View attachment 118902
View attachment 118904View attachment 118905View attachment 118909View attachment 118911View attachment 118912
View attachment 118913
Brilliant, ordered! I had a £3 Amazon discount that needed using so got it for £14.48 :thumbs:

I put my HIP DIY blades on today.
UV on back order with Phil. I did lean on him this week but he's waiting for Stern to fulfill his order.

Attachments

• 20200905_162658.jpg
    20200905_162658.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 39
I have a small anchor screw out of sight.
I used UHU as it will come of easily if need be as the glue sticks to the cab paint but bonds to the plastic backing of the HIP.

Well, this game is pretty damn good fun isnt it. :) Loving all the horror stuff included and the series modes. Nice deep rules set aswell. Great fun. Lead time for board assembly just went up!! ha ha

Couple of questions for owners.

1) Backglass brightness. Where do you have yours set? I turned mine down to 10% for game play as there was massive reflection in the glass/playfield surface if at 100%
1) Where do you have your outline posts set? Mine came set at top, but thinking of moving them down.
2) When a ball exits the left orbit, does your ball hit the left slingshot or pass to the left flipper?

Yeah I’ve lowered the bbox brightness whilst playing on all my games.

1: I’ve left them maxed out
2: its supposed to come to the flipper and I had to adjust my ball guide - chuckwurt on youtube has a guide on how to do it and make sure the suacer loops the burn it back.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

and make sure the suacer loops the burn it back.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks neil, are you meaning the eject from the saucer on the far lhs, as mine ejects into the middle drop targets randomly!! I was thinking is that correct?? as it seemed wrong. Not been on pinside regarding any of this yet as wading through those threads can be a pita.

Found the vid

Looks like i need to adjust the rhs loop to as mine isnt feeding the right flipper either, hits a post every time and bounces into the middle of the playfield

Thanks for the heads up on this vid.

Found the vid

Looks like i need to adjust the rhs loop to as mine isnt feeding the right flipper either, hits a post every time and bounces into the middle of the playfield

Thanks for the heads up on this vid.

so where is the bulletin with the measurements on for the lock ramp

Just had a few games at the local gaming centre.
Nice game, but had issues with the ramp not always going back up.IMG-20200910-WA0001.jpg

Yeah Demo ramp. Phil has sent his tech out today and it's been sorted I'm told. Will check it out next time I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom