What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Just called the Mercure, I'm booked in for Fri & Sat for 60 per night, so maybe still some availability.

I've not been to Daventry, or any UK pinball event actually, for a while now, so looking forward to seeing some old friends!

Just getting it out there so you can reserve those dates. Talking to other venues but pretty sure it'll be at Daventry again. We're negotiating.

I'll have to be damn strict on costs as I don't want to lose money again. I won't have the startup costs so that's a saving! May have to increase ticket prices slightly plus I should make a bit of a saving from the hotel negotiations.

Anyway, it's happening. reserve the dates!
hi phil,can you pay cash on the day?

Is there no competitions on the Sunday so more machines will be available to use? :)
The 6 machines used for the UK Pinball League finals on the Saturday afternoon, will be free to play all Sunday.

The machines used in the main Pinfest comp will continue to be used on the Sunday, for both qualifying and the Finals.
However, as there is no registration for the competition you'll be able to sign up and pay to enter the competition if you REALLY wanted to play a particular machine.

For those in the competition!

I'd be interested to know what strategies people use when playing where score, rather than progression is the target? i.e. in competition
I'm taking my Pro to use in a comp I'm running at Pinfest and have changed just 2 of the settings to shorten the ball times. Namely ball save on MBs is reduced, and Revive is harder (both in achieving and if you use Revive to save a ball down one outlane it turns the other outlane off as well). I Have also tightened the tilt and made the slingshots more sensitive. The left outlane post is fully closed, right outlane is fully open.
Previously I was all about going for the Tomb Treasures by completing modes and letting MBs happen. This had got me a few scores over 3bil, 8 TTs on numerous occasions and a few cracks at defeating The BEAST.
However with the ball being much more likely to drain I decided a change of strategy may be worth looking at. Loops all day long.
After half a dozen games I was getting scores over a billion by focusing on loops, hitting 40-50 on average, and just taking anything else that came along.
Then this happened.
The really annoying thing about it was that when I drained I had loop jackpots ready to go again, with a base value of 33.5mil AND 3x scoring ready to start. Rather than stick to my strategy I tried to hit the left ramp, trigger 3x playfield then go back to loops - obviously I ballsed it up and drained.
Had I got it started assuming I hit 3 big loops in a row followed by a small loop that would have given a score of 100+200+300+1200mil - 1.8 BILLION for just 4 shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and Gentleman- DOMINO And FlipOut London Pinball Club are pleased to announce:

UK PINFEST FIGHT CLUB

TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL!

We will be selecting 15 games from the games at UKPinfest. Play ten games and get your best score, take a picture and enter the score at Matchplay.Live. (Search for UKPinfest Fight Club) We will take your best ten scores and match you to the other entrants. Note you need a phone/ipad for this!

Thanks to our friends at Apple we have an Apple iPad to give away and our friends at Microsoft an Xbox S for the best under 16!

This is a relaxed fun activity, free for all to enter, although if anyone wants to donate as always National Autism Society is DOMINO supported charity.We're not going to sweat policing every rule or making sure you don't have multiple attempts, there is no WPPRs, there are no trophies just a couple of nice prizes!

Any questions come and find me!

We will announce winners 30 minutes before the end of Pinfest on Sunday.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and Gentleman- DOMINO is pleased to announce:

UK PINFEST FIGHT CLUB

TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL!

We will be selecting 15 games from the games at UKPinfest. Play ten games and get your best score, take a picture and enter the score at Matchplay.Live. (Search for UK Pinfest Fight Club) We will take your best ten scores and match you to the other entrants.

Thanks to our friends at Apple we have an Apple iPad to give away and our friends at Microsoft an Xbox S for the best under 16!

This is a relaxed fun activity, free for all to enter, although if anyone wants to donate as always National Autism Society is DOMINO supported charity.We're not going to sweat policing every rule or making sure you don't have multiple attempts, there is no WPPRs, there are no trophies just a couple of nice prizes!

Any questions come and find me!

We will announce winners 30 minutes before the end of Pinfest on Sunday.

Cheers,
Neil.

Blimey! Nice work Neil!

For those in the competition!
Isn't it etiquette to attribute the source when you cut and paste from another website? 😉 (PS it was my post on pinside)

Or more pertinently the fact that the only person who directly responded actually said the exact opposite and to stay away from the loops?

If anyone wants to see my strategy on the exact Aerosmith machine being used in the comp they can view it on YouTube.
Search for WWJ Pinball - Aerosmith.

Or if you're REALLY committed you may be able to find the stream of the whole 30hrs of me playing WPT.

Isn't it etiquette to attribute the source when you cut and paste from another website? 😉 (PS it was my post on pinside)

Or more pertinently the fact that the only person who directly responded actually said the exact opposite and to stay away from the loops?

If anyone wants to see my strategy on the exact Aerosmith machine being used in the comp they can view it on YouTube.
Search for WWJ Pinball - Aerosmith.

Or if you're REALLY committed you may be able to find the stream of the whole 30hrs of me playing WPT.

Agree in staying away from loops. but it was more the game setup that I thought folks would be interested in!

I did type the UBB code to put your name it but I must have ballsed it up :D fixed now

Back
Top Bottom