What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

To the organisers of this event and veterans of attending PinFest and the like:

Please forgive my ignorance and likely unnecessary concern but just wondered what with all these official and non-official competition posts, how many machines tend to be free and open for Joe Public to play? Should I expect cues to be the norm, e.g. you get one go of three balls then need to get off for the next person? Is their a strong likelihood of some machines simply not being accessible to me over the entire weekend? Could one, expect to be asked to finish their game and get off a machine in order for competition entrants to play instead?

Or do there tend to always be a healthy selection of tables, away from the competition hustle and bustle or festival busy times, that allow for us casual players to have a good number of goes without interruption?

As my first-ever pinball event draws nearer, I guess now might be the time to set my expectations accordingly. Plus, I’d like to let the good lady know if such things need to be taken into consideration beforehand. Ha! Ha!

Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are loads of games to play trust me you won’t have to worry about playing games !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I That is the reason the Pinfest Battle finals and UK League finals are running on different days so that there is no chance of the 2 overlapping, one fo the reasons that there is no separate classics comp.

How is that relevant? There are no finals it’s simply a high score comp that players need to submit a high score on - the only time limit is the end of the show!

@Big Phil No worries. Thanks. Hope it proves to be a wonderful time for all and huge gratitude to you (and others helping out) for putting on such an event for the public. Still amazed to find a pinball festival up my neck of the woods. So happy I stumbled my way here. Just sorry as a novice with shallow pockets, I’ve literally nothing at all to offer this community in return, lol!

There will be plenty of other fist timers! I’ll be up for a multi game with you!

Also good chance to play alongside some of the top pinball players in the country too

Neil McRae replied to a thread you are watching at Pinball info.

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

And I predicted you’d be the first to whinge about nothing!

Who’s whinging? I see lots of good questions! At least I’m not expecting the chaos experiences at the print works in London play expo Manchester was much better run

Bar was not open 24/7 last year they could not wait to get rid of us and shut the bar down, even after the hotel manager told them to keep it open they ignored him and I think shut it around 02-00

I’m up for some food! We can’t rely on the booze all weeeknd we’d struggle to stand upright to flip pins!

Apart from relying on the hotels high food prices is there anywhere local for us to go when we get fed up with the hotel restaurant?

The hotel set up a snack bar so the prices we a lot cheaper than the restaurant. Did burgers, chips etc....

Great that solves the problem then!

An idea for a future event has the pinball hall ever been open 24 hours? I guess it wouldn’t work as those running it need sleep!

Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing people I know from my pinball travels so far this year!

Your really showing how new you are to all this :rofl:

Well not that new I hope as have about a years worth of pinball experience under my belt and already know several people who are in attendance despite being my first pinfest I think I’m in pretty good shape!

I’m sure I met you and poibug(sp) along with James adams at swasvey!

Also know most people from flip out in Croydon

I’m new to pinfest but not to pinball!!

I’m up for some food! We can’t rely on the booze all weeeknd we’d struggle to stand upright to flip pins!

Apart from relying on the hotels high food prices is there anywhere local for us to go when we get fed up with the hotel restaurant?

I had a cracking curry at the Culinary Indian last year - was so good that I went back on the Saturday evening when my other half came down to use the spa facilities. Can't remember the name of the dish that was so good, but I hope I can spot it on the menu on Friday

Stick my game in that other event @Neil McRae - it's a fun addition to the weekend, whomever asked who or what, hopefully it won't be a big issue, if it means games that might get overlooks (here's looking at my TFTC) - then all the better, i took it to get played, so I hope it gets played.

The most l waited last year for a game was maybe one or two games, maximum, just look behind and ask the person in the queue if they want a two player.

I had a cracking curry at the Culinary Indian last year - was so good that I went back on the Saturday evening when my other half came down to use the spa facilities. Can't remember the name of the dish that was so good, but I hope I can spot it on the menu on Friday

Due to arrive late afternoon on Friday so plan to use the leisure centre then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is that relevant? There are no finals it’s simply a high score comp that players need to submit a high score on - the only time limit is the end of the show!

Is this really necessary? All the want to play machines tied up I suppose.

So before there would be nobody playing them? :)

Cheers
Neil.

So before there would be nobody playing them? :)

Cheers
Neil.

Some of us just want to enjoy a non competitive day, not worrying if we are playing on a competition machine or interrupting someone’s high score game while waiting behind. Not all can do the full weekend and it can get a bit hectic at peak times and l played competition machines by mistake last year without realizing they were tied up even when stood idle.

Some of us don’t! (And the main comp sadly isn’t our cup of tea!)

But people are sensible (well mostly) and the machines aren’t dedicated and they’d be played anyway, if someone is playing the game then they are playing the game.

Tom if we think this is having a negative effect we will figure it out we want everybody to enjoy the show!

Neil

Pretty disappointed from the comments from @Poibug @windoesnot @Tombyrne over @Neil McRae Fight Club Comp

It doesn't need to be official or need permission... Its unofficial its a pop up...

Its not taking machines up at all... They are not being ringed off... There is no time limit... There is no entry fee...

Simply someone goes up and pushes start... Its no didn't if you was a regular punter and didn't know about the comp... If there is a queue come back later...

I think its more of egos getting in the way... Shame more people didn't put more effect into the community and comps like @Neil McRae is doing... How many people are actively buying machines just to use in comps etc????

Instead of thinking because they have been around longer they are right...

Back
Top Bottom