What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Ladies and Gentleman- DOMINO And FlipOut London Pinball Club are pleased to announce:

UK PINFEST FIGHT CLUB

TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL!

We will be selecting 15 games from the games at UKPinfest. Play ten games and get your best score, take a picture and enter the score at Matchplay.Live. (Search for UKPinfest Fight Club) We will take your best ten scores and match you to the other entrants. Note you need a phone/ipad for this!

Thanks to our friends at Apple we have an Apple iPad to give away and our friends at Microsoft an Xbox S for the best under 16!

This is a relaxed fun activity,

Yup,so unofficial show organiser read about it here😀

Last edited:
Are there any traders this year that you can buy spares from?
Thanks
Steve
PinballDaze will be there on Sunday only.
Leds, Plastics, Promos, PCB's, Sega, Stern and Data East parts, EM parts, Coils, Bumper caps, Coin mechs, manuals, EM back doors, Memorabilia and Fruit machine parts.

Exactly - we ran three comps at TPF and didn’t tell the organiser. Two at expo !

Holy ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just manners, IMO you should have had the common decency to ask the show organiser before you announced it. It's not YOUR show

Total rubbish.

And I predicted you’d be the first to whinge about nothing!

Exactly - we ran three comps at TPF and didn’t tell the organiser. Two at expo !

Did any of those comps span over 10% of the available free play pins though?

Honestly I'm fairly on the fence about the whole thing. On one hand I doubt the organisers of any event should try to police against small ad-hoc comps springing up. But when you're publicly announcing an independent comp with such valuable prizes that spans a large portion of the machines.. then maybe it's worth considering. If in any doubt, usually worth clearing the air with the organisers first.

Did any of those comps span over 10% of the available free play pins though?

Honestly I'm fairly on the fence about the whole thing. On one hand I doubt the organisers of any event should try to police against small ad-hoc comps springing up. But when you're publicly announcing an independent comp with such valuable prizes that spans a large portion of the machines.. then maybe it's worth considering. If in any doubt, usually worth clearing the air with the organisers first.

At both it was about the same but a HELL of lot more people!

Hw many minutes for a pinball game? How many minutes is there in an hour? How many people are attending? How many hours is the event open? What will happen to the pinball machines during this time? How is running this changing any of those things?

Sorry, I am sure the question has been asked and answered before but strolling through 15 pages of comments might take too much out of my working day.
Opening times on Saturday and Sunday are?
I thought it was 10:00 to 16:30 on Sunday but the first page of this thread says 13:00....
And what about Saturday?

At both it was about the same but a HELL of lot more people!

Hw many minutes for a pinball game? How many minutes is there in an hour? How many people are attending? How many hours is the event open? What will happen to the pinball machines during this time? How is running this changing any of those things?

I think seems relevant here

http://tiltforums.com/t/conflicting-main-and-classics-finals/5693/17

Anybody not present at their game, for whatever reason, will have their ball plunged after the prescribed 60secs wait time - as per IFPA guidelines.

Each player will have to make their own decision as to which competition they feel that they want to participate in if they are both running concurrently.

That is the reason the Pinfest Battle finals and UK League finals are running on different days so that there is no chance of the 2 overlapping, one fo the reasons that there is no separate classics comp.

To the organisers of this event and veterans of attending PinFest and the like:

Please forgive my ignorance and likely unnecessary concern but just wondered what with all these official and non-official competition posts, how many machines tend to be free and open for Joe Public to play? Should I expect cues to be the norm, e.g. you get one go of three balls then need to get off for the next person? Is their a strong likelihood of some machines simply not being accessible to me over the entire weekend? Could one, expect to be asked to finish their game and get off a machine in order for competition entrants to play instead?

Or do there tend to always be a healthy selection of tables, away from the competition hustle and bustle or festival busy times, that allow for us casual players to have a good number of goes without interruption?

As my first-ever pinball event draws nearer, I guess now might be the time to set my expectations accordingly. Plus, I’d like to let the good lady know if such things need to be taken into consideration beforehand. Ha! Ha!

Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The competition machines are not listed in the first post.

The machines needed for the league finals are listed as unavailable for a certain period.

There's an etiquette that if someone is standing behind you waiting to play, you finish your game and allow them to play next. It's all very courteous and gentlemanly.

Don't know what all the fuss is about......

@Big Phil No worries. Thanks. Hope it proves to be a wonderful time for all and huge gratitude to you (and others helping out) for putting on such an event for the public. Still amazed to find a pinball festival up my neck of the woods. So happy I stumbled my way here. Just sorry as a novice with shallow pockets, I’ve literally nothing at all to offer this community in return, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom