What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

@Big Phil

f2d2015163e0819281b13345ce19cb67.jpg

Booked VIP tickets for the wife and I. Really looking forward to attending our first pinball event. Here’s hoping this will be the first of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Poibug It’s no small logistical feat pinning down either Nan to have the kids for us, so no dice getting to Manchester at such short notice. Although we are planning to get up to Arcade Club in Bury for the first time later this year.

Thanks for bringing this event to my attention though. Something to think about for another year possibly.

@Big Phil Any knowledge of the hotel booking side of things? Will give them a ring but they seem to be stating on their website that all rooms are unavailable for this PinFest weekend? Have you had reports that the hotel is already fully booked?

There is a block booking of rooms for the event. You need to speak directly to the hotel, not the central booking office. Call 01327 307000 Mon-Fri during normal office hours and ask to speak to Hollie or Patrick and quote UKPinfest

There is a block booking of rooms for the event. You need to speak directly to the hotel, not the central booking office. Call 01327 307000 Mon-Fri during normal office hours and ask to speak to Hollie or Patrick and quote UKPinfest

Top man, thank you for taking the time to respond. I’ve only just this morning managed to finish reading every post in this thread and noticed you had suggested the above and given contact names previously. Thanks for your patience and help. Will give the hotel a call on Monday.

No comment on competitions, you’ll be glad to know [emoji23], as I’m a total newcomer to the real-world pinball community and am just overjoyed to get the opportunity to play machines in the flesh. Amazes me the generosity of those collectors and owners who allow us members of the public to play with their most prized possessions. You folks are saints!

Somebody earlier mentioned that they’d also been to events that had casual tourneys for novices and children. Again, that’s just fantastic to hear. Appreciate such a provision can’t be implemented in every event but that it happens anywhere at all is really something special.

Finally, major kudos to @Big Phil and all and sundry that work alongside him to organise PinFest (as well as all you many others that organise, run, host, bring machines to other events). Your time, effort and no small amount of money no doubt is vastly appreciated by joe nobody’s just like me, who had presumed real pinball was a bygone relic that we had grown to appreciate long too late.

Roll on August! Hope to try as many different tables as I can. I’ll likely be wearing a Stern Pinball T-Shirt and if you see me hogging one of your machines, come tap me on the shoulder and I’ll buy you a beer (owners privilege [emoji482]).

@ChrisH I may well do that further down the line. Thanks.

Just for starters though, I’d like to use the opportunity of getting out to play real machines as another means of having some adult time [emoji2957]

Very rarely happens for me [emoji3526]

@Big Phil Managed to get through to hotel and spoke with Hollie. Got room booked for the Friday and Saturday night. £140 in total.

Come on PinFest!

Glad to hear you're all booked. I'll look out for you in the pin hall but if I don't catch you, you'll find most of us ****ed in the bar soon after.

Ha! Ha! Nice one. I’ll be the one playing terribly on every machine [emoji3526]

@DanLewell If I can muddle my way through to experiencing some cool modes and the occasional multi-ball I’ll be more than happy.

Keeping the ball in play long enough will be challenge enough. Once I’ve had a drink, no chance [emoji3526]

Out of curiosity, will a list of the expected tables to be at PinFest be posted on here in advance of the big kick-off?

What competitions will be run at this years pinfest? Does the VIP ticket cover tournament entry too?

VIP entry covers the stall ball comp only, which is being run in the evening sessions by @Neil McRae

Daytime competition details on page 2 of this thread.

Hadn’t realised my VIP tickets included a go on a competition - how does this one work then? @Neil McRae

Bare in mind I’ve never played in a real-life pinball competition before [emoji3526]

Back
Top Bottom