What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Hadn’t realised my VIP tickets included a go on a competition - how does this one work then? @Neil McRae

Bare in mind I’ve never played in a real-life pinball competition before [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You queue up behind the first player, they play their ball until it stalls (goes into a scoop, gets held by a magnet etc) then the next in line takes over the same ball, first player then rejoins back of queue. If you drain you are out, it keeps going until there is only one person left.

It’s not really a competition it’s just great crack and a good laugh...

There were loads of spot prizes last year and some great main prizes for each evenings winners. 👍

Stall ball is an elimination game. players line up and have to lock the ball, ala pass the parcel, if you lose the ball, you are out. Last player standing wins a prize although everyone walks away with something :D

What table may be chosen or is it kept a mystery? I’d drain in no time whilst looking at the table trying to figure out where the ‘lock’ shots were [emoji23]

Likely to be the shadow again as it worked so well last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What table may be chosen or is it kept a mystery? I’d drain in no time whilst looking at the table trying to figure out where the ‘lock’ shots were [emoji23]

Neil and the people in the queue waiting help you out if you don’t know machine - it was relaxed, fun and good banter [emoji3]

Qualifying All day Saturday and Sunday morning, Finals on the Sunday - allowing the UK League Finals to run on the Saturday.

Is that the uk regionals that are played monthly where only the top 20 players of each meet gain points? So frustrating as came 21st in the previous London and se meet! At my first meet I came bottom! Great improvement! Roll on the next one at the end of may!

There will be a competition this year. :)

There'll be no need to register before the day, but you will obviously need to buy entry into the show.

Format will be:
Qualify by playing any 3 games (of your choice) out of 10 to create your entry.
Play as many entries as you want. £10 first entry, further entries £5.
Top 24 qualify for seeded best of 3 head to head knockout, with top 8 getting a bye for 1st round.

All games used in knockout are predetermined, meaning no chance of anyone playing the same game twice en route to the final, and they'll be from a mix of eras.

Prize pot is estimated to be (based on previous numbers of entrants in similar comp) in UK:

1st 35% of prize pot = £500
2nd 20% of pp = £275
3rd 15% of pp = £205
4th 10% of pp = £135
5th-8th 5% of pp = £65

So if one buys 3 entries for £20 would I be able to play one game on each of the 9 pre determined games to create my qualifying scores? I like this format which means one doesn’t need to spend the whole time in competitive mode and can play open play games too

So if one buys 3 entries for £20 would I be able to play one game on each of the 9 pre determined games to create my qualifying scores? I like this format which means one doesn’t need to spend the whole time in competitive mode and can play open play games too

Yes Ben. But remember only your best three count.

Now that the Play Expo events are out of the way, it's time to start pushing this.

If you still haven't booked a hotel room, you have little over a month to do so. They release whatever rooms are left in the allocation to the general public with 30 days to go.

Now that the Play Expo events are out of the way, it's time to start pushing this.

If you still haven't booked a hotel room, you have little over a month to do so. They release whatever rooms are left in the allocation to the general public with 30 days to go.

I’m already booked in! Can’t wait!

Yep. Already booked in for the weekend and even despite the Mother-in-law now suddenly wanting to renege on her commitment to have my kids and head off abroad that weekend, I’m coming. Hopefully, I won’t be the guy with a wild eight year-old tethered to me and a rabid toddler strapped to my back but hey, I’m not missing this event no matter what.

Yep. Already booked in for the weekend and even despite the Mother-in-law now suddenly wanting to renege on her commitment to have my kids and head off abroad that weekend, I’m coming. Hopefully, I won’t be the guy with a wild eight year-old tethered to me and a rabid toddler strapped to my back but hey, I’m not missing this event no matter what.

Pinball is for all! Your kids will love it however young they are! See you in August !!!

Hi Phil

All booked!

May want to update the website for 2019
http://www.ukpinfest.com/contact/

Very excited!

Just tried to book on the phone and have been told I have to send an email booking instead?!? Guy on the phone sounded a bit numb, is this right Phil?

No call back and Get transferred to group booking Ian.

Just tried to book on the phone and have been told I have to send an email booking instead?!? Guy on the phone sounded a bit numb, is this right Phil?

I booked over the phone fine mention pin fest 2019

Ok sorted now, I did mention Pinfest the first time but obviously the numb nuts on the phone didn't know anything about it. Tried again and spoke with someone with a brain and am booked in :thumbs:

And Vinny, I owe you at least 1 pint for last year! :rofl:

Ok sorted now, I did mention Pinfest the first time but obviously the numb nuts on the phone didn't know anything about it. Tried again and spoke with someone with a brain and am booked in :thumbs:

And Vinny, I owe you at least 1 pint for last year! :rofl:

Oh Jesus! Here we go again!

Back
Top Bottom