What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Bought a roll of led‘s for underneath STTNG but changed my mind today as it fitted perfectly around the door frame.
Not just any door, this is the pinball zone! (Bloody bright😂)
View attachment 153634
A tear down by Big Clive of a 'window sill light' reminded me of this. I've not seen it before. It might be of interest to those with game rooms. Looks like a cool idea. Not sure whether it would perform to hope, but hey, worth flagging:

We’re taking some time off work, so a lot of modding got done to Godzilla today.

Col’s plastic protectors added
Some Cliffy’s added
Mazer Cannon mod added
Tesla Strike Towers added
Oxygen Destroyer mod added

The mods vary a lot in quality. I’m pretty disappointed by the Mezel mods, but the Tesla Strike Towers look great!

DD20AB2B-4144-4542-A1D2-3C94A7494928.jpeg

A tear down by Big Clive of a 'window sill light' reminded me of this. I've not seen it before. It might be of interest to those with game rooms. Looks like a cool idea. Not sure whether it would perform to hope, but hey, worth flagging:
Put some of these in my pals club. They are only good in the pitch dark!
I took them all down.

Another day of pinball modding and repairs.

Today, I started on building a new fish topper for our Fish Tales while my husband swapped in a replacement for our missing switch cover.

3BFBBAA9-D112-4BEA-BFD7-A8FE402BDAE9.jpeg7644B2D5-4F33-4CFE-B890-81EB16051223.jpeg

Yesterday and today I started a full tear down of DE JP and WW. I will do a shop log when I work out the chrome situation for JP.

I tidied up when my daughter’s boyfriend said ‘shame we can’t just play pinball’. I am going to suggest BSD so I can quickly get back to restoration.

Attachments

• 38C54393-CF8A-418E-A4EA-C12FA66A35DF.jpeg
    38C54393-CF8A-418E-A4EA-C12FA66A35DF.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 23
Another day of pinball gubbins. Today, I completely f***d up Xianek’s beautiful decal on the new Fish Tales topper that I’m building.

We also fitted @Colywobbles wonderful shooter rod plate on LoTR as well as a colourful topper!

8F319997-583E-43AE-9C81-4429CDF3A43E.jpeg

Not really a “good Friday” managed to break the shower in the en suite too hefty handed trying to stop a leak!, but hey there’s always the family bathroom until “you know it leaks?” No I didn’t so started a strip down and managed to shatter one of the glass side panels!!!!!!!
So both bathrooms without a shower!! Turns out the ensuites shower is discontinued? And everyone’s off for the Easter weekend so can’t get a piece of glass for the family bathroom, so manly not been working on the bathrooms unless you count going backwards?
Lots of pinball stuff to do but got to get family hygiene sorted first “Should have gone away for the weekend would have been cheaper and less stressful!!”
In the dog house again!
Oh dear
Sounds like something that happens to me !
Never rains but pours 😂
Hope you get the showers sorted they will soon get fed up of the hose pipe 🤣

Yesterday evening and this morning I’ve been installing the Lermods discoball mod on my deadpool pro. I’ve been looking into this since owning the machine and I was concerned the ball spinning effect was a bit naff in that it stop/starts in time with the insert, which is how it’s supposed to work, since the 1.15 code update.

I asked lermods if they had a solution to the stop start and they offered to include a newer mod to the controller pcb to allow a time delay for the ball spinning.

The ball spins well, too well in fact and went on a bit longer after the mode ended. A slight turn of the timer and I’m sure you’ll agree the results are pretty good. Premium/LE it isn’t, but it’s still pretty cool. Maybe a slight turn down adjustment still required, but I’m more than happy with it.

breadboard hell
709E0825-99C1-4717-BFAD-BE041467F52B.jpeg
this is the dev rig for my ColourClassics score displays.
Need to hook this into one of my bally games. 13 more wires needed for that.
I’m probably at the limit of what you can do on a breadboard, maybe time to stick it all on a pcb.

So today I decided to rework my Johnny’s speaker Panel with a project I had started before Lockdown on a SM.

So I stripped it all back and removed the overlay I had previously made and was left with this.

B1BC96CD-B1AF-45F5-B875-87BD6BE3624F.jpeg2F7DE47C-71AF-466B-8ECD-4BC3E9AE488F.jpeg1F83CC6E-A7CB-4BC8-ACCF-FE4EA87314BA.jpeg49702244-12BB-4642-B76B-D852B8732521.jpeg

The idea is to make it accommodate 5in speakers, ColourDMD and allow for the facia to be customised to my liking for different pins using Acrylic.

I’m sure it would be easier with a CnC routing table but as my laser can cut upto 10mm ply and MDF it’s a great prototyping tool.

The original panel was 12mm so I cut the main back panel in 6mm ply and the center one in 3mm to allow for fitting the clear DMD window and hardware fastenings.
These will be glued and clamped overnight ready for fitting the speakers once they arrive.

D60877D2-639E-4258-97F7-137221E2F833.jpegE8A174A6-6818-4549-BE4A-07A350E7FE5E.jpegDCE3E1E8-C726-4A7E-ACBE-22D3E9DB1DE5.jpeg05AD9DE1-6902-4B6F-8C82-BC3371064B08.jpeg

Next job is to design the front similar to my last one but tbh it’s always gonna be a dam sight nicer than the original that’s for sure.

AEBE17ED-3C3D-4ACD-8636-E70BB0119626.jpeg

TBC

A little update on my JM speaker Panel.
After a restless sleep it had me thinking of a slight amendment so I could accommodate some speaker light inserts to the design hence v2 made today.
I made a couple of inserts in red and a simple facia in matt black to test things.
This won’t be the panel for my Johnny as I’m waiting on a large sheet of red and have a very different style insert planned for that but it’s good to try it out for size.
Came out as a great and looks quite classic so inset one of my Williams badges in there.

All the bits ready for assembly inc. Clear DMD screen, Red inserts, Williams Badge and Black facia.
BF36D41C-7279-4263-9310-9AF7A30838B2.jpeg

Testing for size and fits perfect. Will obviously look better once the Speakers are fitted with my own speaker lights and ColourDMD
5A5B151C-0C1C-4A5B-8989-97F352E43010.jpeg4A635817-3740-4DA4-817A-1ADC837D5183.jpeg

Hopefully speakers, acrylic and ColourDMD will be here by the Weekend to finish it all off.

We’re taking some time off work, so a lot of modding got done to Godzilla today.

Col’s plastic protectors added
Some Cliffy’s added
Mazer Cannon mod added
Tesla Strike Towers added
Oxygen Destroyer mod added

The mods vary a lot in quality. I’m pretty disappointed by the Mezel mods, but the Tesla Strike Towers look great!

View attachment 172088
Mezels quality has gone right down the sh*tter in the last few months, he’s printing on a much lower quality, the stuff is McDonalds happy meal quality at best!

Mezels quality has gone right down the sh*tter in the last few months, he’s printing on a much lower quality, the stuff is McDonalds happy meal quality at best!
Yeah. The Diddy Tesla Towers and the Oxygen Destroyer are pretty nice. The Mezel Mazer Cannon is only remotely decent because it is the only Mazer Cannon currently on the market and, despite the quality, still looks better than a spotlight on a stick.

Yeah. The Diddy Tesla Towers and the Oxygen Destroyer are pretty nice. The Mezel Mazer Cannon is only remotely decent because it is the only Mazer Cannon currently on the market and, despite the quality, still looks better than a spotlight on a stick.
Tom (diddy) spends a little time processing his prints his foundry mod for Mando is super smooth with zero printing lines visible, not seen his Tesla mod upclose but it’s by far my favourite version.

Looks like mezel prints, does zero post print processing and gives them straight to his 5 year old to paint and ships them right out the door. Which is a shame as his stuff years back used to be made with a lot more care and attention to detail.

Last edited:
And we’ve fitted an auxiliary power source and MadNat board to Lord of the Rings to run additional mods.

All credit to my poor long-suffering husband for that one!

A0A6FC63-258A-4472-A660-8C3E345A2814.jpeg

Reactions: Jib
Xenon sparkling edition........
Our own personal Machine. Would of loved to of shop logged this, but time no longer allows😔
Cabinet and backbox repair d and restencilled in sparkle metallic paintwork.
Playfield stripped, sanded, lacquered then a nice hardtop......😍one of our favourite classics. Grew up playing this game.😎4A479683-9BCF-4B26-AC31-D5C0264D444B.jpeg6F0F1051-5461-49BB-8C65-3EA9920DB018.jpeg4BA88956-1D0C-4094-97C9-9DB25A8D4F74.jpeg31D88E89-AD2D-4354-8C00-E42A94288AC8.jpegB5C83E79-74ED-4549-A943-CC45BA055AA3.jpeg
Not great pictures. The hardtop still has its protective plastic coating on.....
All the best. Keef.....👊🏼

Back
Top Bottom