What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Think this format works quite well, is interesting to hear that some people prefer theme over gameplay when deciding on what pin to buy. Also seems to be a lot of new machine preference over old in the episodes so far!

Fantastic episode tonight with Neil. This will be my 3rd Pinfest, and I usually go with a mate, but due to him being out of the country, this year I'm going solo. We always drink loads, play loads of pins and have a great time. But Neil mentioned that it's the people that make it, and he's right.
I've been lucky enough to have brief chats with Neil, Big Phil, Dutch Pinball guys, and NLP lads. This year I intend to spend more time talking to the people at the show as it really is the best part. I'll be the fat, bald, weirdy beardy clutching a Guinness and coming last in all the tournaments. See you there

Enjoyed the Neil EP, even if I got drawn in by talk of Lawlor which didn't materialise, though Neil's confused expression when Gonzo mentioned a question about Pat Lawlor was worth it🤣

Realised I missed the third episode so I'm looking forward to checking that out tomorrow!

Enjoyed the Neil EP, even if I got drawn in by talk of Lawlor which didn't materialise, though Neil's confused expression when Gonzo mentioned a question about Pat Lawlor was worth it🤣

Realised I missed the third episode so I'm looking forward to checking that out tomorrow!
Some say the third episode was the best one..........

listened to first 2 gonzo great work, you have a perfect interview style i.e. you ask a question and listen to the answer. Really enjoying them
Drew

Episode #5

Not only did I learn a lot in this podcast but I finished the video highly motivated and determined to become the worlds best pinball player 😉

I'll leave you lovely lot to enjoy Craig's aka @roadshow16 brilliant story of pinball collecting and competition play . . . . I'm off to practice my drop-catch technique and study the Led Zeppelin rule sheet 😁

Thanks Craig, another excellent guest. and thank you everyone for watching and being so helpful and supportive. 👍👍

Just caught up with episode four. Thank you, it was thoroughly entertaining. I would definitely agree with Neil's point that it's the people that make the scene what it is, the games are just secondary.

Right onto episode five.

Great episode guys. Can't believe you could get pinball machines for £150. I spent over £700 recently on just a topper. 🤣

I promise to try an EM based game while at Pinfest but i'm for Toys and large flashing lights so I still think I'll only ever own DMD era onwards.

Also for those of you who are new to all the competitive stuff or perhaps interested in going down the rabbit hole, or maybe just intrigued to have a look at the things I was banging on about.

That should be a good few hundred hours of your life you'll never get back 🤣

Great episode guys. Can't believe you could get pinball machines for £150. I spent over £700 recently on just a topper. 🤣

I promise to try an EM based game while at Pinfest but i'm for Toys and large flashing lights so I still think I'll only ever own DMD era onwards.

Try an SS - games you should absolutely try at UKPinfest:

Swords of Fury
Strikes and Spares
TNA (LOL)
Medusa
Robocop
Farfalla
Banzai Run
Genie
Fathom
Meteor

but none of them are terrible they are all just different flavours of heat on a big choice of curries!

Great episode!
Being on here only a couple of years I didn't know @roadshow16 was Craig! (I've seen videos from tournaments and was at ukpinfest 2019 and found the top players fascinating to watch😊).

Always wondered who the guy with the awesome username is, glad someone else loved Road show and still does!

Best game ever😉

I'm going to enter the competition just to get involved and have the experience, looking forward to it! My girlfriend @Lecari wonders if you offer coaching or tips🤣

Great episode!
Being on here only a couple of years I didn't know @roadshow16 was Craig! (I've seen videos from tournaments and was at ukpinfest 2019 and found the top players fascinating to watch😊).

Always wondered who the guy with the awesome username is, glad someone else loved Road show and still does!

Best game ever😉

I'm going to enter the competition just to get involved and have the experience, looking forward to it! My girlfriend @Lecari wonders if you offer coaching or tips🤣

I didn't know who Craig was either which made it all the more fascinating to be honest and I was left with a load more questions.

This whole process is a real voyage of discovery into the pinball world . . . . I get the impression I'm just scratching the surface.

Speaking to competition players hadn't even occurred to me but there are so many facets to the hobby it's unbelievable. Newbies, veterans, collectors, players, restorers, club & event organisers and even Andy. It's amazing how many different elements there are.

I didn't know who Craig was either which made it all the more fascinating to be honest and I was left with a load more questions.

This whole process is a real voyage of discovery into the pinball world . . . . I get the impression I'm just scratching the surface.

Speaking to competition players hadn't even occurred to me but there are so many facets to the hobby it's unbelievable. Newbies, veterans, collectors, players, restorers, club & event organisers and even Andy. It's amazing how many different elements there are.

Definitely! It would be great if you could talk to some of the folks who do pinball restoration or repairs and some of the interesting stories.
Obviously I'm biased and reccomend @MajesticPinball if he's about.. At least you'll get some Gottlieb representation 🤣

Back
Top Bottom