What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

He's barely done a bad film. Maybe Village of the Damned was a bit hokey but anything with Chris Reeve in it gets a pass. Give Starman a go mate. It's a very odd film in many respects. I love it!

The Thing is his best film, I really love Prince Of Darkness too though which is way underrated. The Fog too is also great, Assault on Precinct 13 is good as is Escape From New York and They Live, Big Trouble In Little China is ok but way overrated.

One of my favourites is John Carpenter's Vampires.

Quote: Well first of all, they're not romantic. It's not like they're a bunch of f**in' fags hoppin' around in rented formal wear and seducing everybody in sight with cheesy Euro-trash accents, all right? Forget whatever you've seen in the movies: they don't turn into bats, crosses don't work. Garlic? You wanna try garlic? You could stand there with garlic around your neck and one of these buggers will bend you f****g over and take a walk up your strada-chocolata WHILE he's suckin' the blood outta your neck, all right? And they don't sleep in coffins lined in taffeta. You wanna kill one, you drive a wooden stake right through his f***in' heart. Sunlight turns 'em into crispy critters.

Also, Dark Star is pretty good.

Apologies OP for continuing to go off topic!
I really enjoyed the 2 episodes so far, and look forward to the next one.
Very interesting - especially for a relative newbie like myself.

One of my favourites is John Carpenter's Vampires.

Quote: Well first of all, they're not romantic. It's not like they're a bunch of f**in' fags hoppin' around in rented formal wear and seducing everybody in sight with cheesy Euro-trash accents, all right? Forget whatever you've seen in the movies: they don't turn into bats, crosses don't work. Garlic? You wanna try garlic? You could stand there with garlic around your neck and one of these buggers will bend you f****g over and take a walk up your strada-chocolata WHILE he's suckin' the blood outta your neck, all right? And they don't sleep in coffins lined in taffeta. You wanna kill one, you drive a wooden stake right through his f***in' heart. Sunlight turns 'em into crispy critters.

Also, Dark Star is pretty good.

Apologies OP for continuing to go off topic!
I really enjoyed the 2 episodes so far, and look forward to the next one.
Very interesting - especially for a relative newbie like myself.

Doesn't bother me mate. To be honest I might go and search a couple of his films

Loving the old ching wag podcast Gonzo, your southern geeza accent makes it mate, ( and that’s from a northerner ha ha )
Nice to hear people’s different views etc on pins and you really keep the interview/conversation flowing.
keep it up pal. Big thumbs up from me 👍👍👍

Loving the old ching wag podcast Gonzo, your southern geeza accent makes it mate, ( and that’s from a northerner ha ha )
Nice to hear people’s different views etc on pins and you really keep the interview/conversation flowing.
keep it up pal. Big thumbs up from me 👍👍👍

Thanks Simon, we'll get some northerners on to restore balance to the force

Great to see you on the podcast @JAG555
Thanks for the shout out on the GnR!
Best pinball moment so far, is when you kill Smaug on The Hobbit. Not sure if you ever managed that mate 🤣
No spoilers for people that haven't done it, but it's a great moment.
No worries mate!

And despite being a decidedly average player, I did manage it once..........

These chats are so good, the trouble is I’m now thinking which pin should I give the chop in my collection to get stranger things!!! Judge Dredd looking likely, and I’m the guy that never sells anything lol
let’s see what my thoughts are after the next episode.

Great work Kris

Another good listen Gonzo. On the Judge Dredd sniper shot, do you know about the hidden dog animation?

No I don't know about that one Paul? To be honest I wasn't particularly good at the game but there were so many shots on it.

No I don't know about that one Paul? To be honest I wasn't particularly good at the game but there were so many shots on it.
When you complete the shot, repeatedly bash the flippers. A dog will appear and pi55 on the sniped geezer. Nice!

Finally caught up on this, great watch @Gonzo, good to see you too again @JAG555 representing the east end. Fantastic to see so much support for the show in the thread, clearly it's something that people want to see more of in the UK. Keep it up fella. Looking forward to a beer or two at pinfest 🍻

Finally caught up on this, great watch @Gonzo, good to see you too again @JAG555 representing the east end. Fantastic to see so much support for the show in the thread, clearly it's something that people want to see more of in the UK. Keep it up fella. Looking forward to a beer or two at pinfest 🍻

That would be nice Davey. Thanks mate

Just catching up on #2 now.... Laughing as i remember a similar experience squeezing a taf In a Peugeot 205......

Awesome work @Gonzo and well done to everyone who has been on it.... You never know... maybe one day... ;)

Thanks Paul . . . I think you'll have to mate 😉

Just watched the first episode with Andy and really enjoyed it, got me through a boring afternoon ‘working’ from home👍 Thanks to you and your ‘guests’. Keep ‘em coming ⚒

Back
Top Bottom