What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Enjoyed second episode! Didn't realise so many members were so new to the scene like me, I'm hitting my one year anniversary of owning a pin on 16th! But been about for over two years since pinfest 2019😊

Excited to see the next ones and put more faces to names ready for Pinfest! My girlfriend said she'd do one too😂, (or join in a least).
I think you must have a long list now!

Enjoyed second episode! Didn't realise so many members were so new to the scene like me, I'm hitting my one year anniversary of owning a pin on 16th! But been about for over two years since pinfest 2019😊

Excited to see the next ones and put more faces to names ready for Pinfest! My girlfriend said she'd do one too😂, (or join in a least).
I think you must have a long list now!

At least 10 interested people so far including yourself David.

I would absolutely like to reiterate that this is about speaking to pinball enthusiasts new and old whether you own a machine, own 50, loan one or just plan to have one and want to discuss your choices. I'm really very new to pinball ownership myself mate and this is a great learning experience.

Got to say you are a natural host Gonzo, you seem to instantly put your guest at ease and just poke them now and again to make them speak more. Bit like parky if you even remember him.

very impressive and very natural style 👍👍 keep it up😎

Very bloody decent of you to say so Ian mate. Thank you.

I have to say that speaking to people about pinball is a lot of fun and it's quite clear how passionate and keen the fellas were to delve into their particular experiences. I'm sure that is going to be a constant and I'm looking forward more stories about backboxes being removed and machines hanging out of the @rse of a hatchback. 😂 Quality anecdotes.

Last edited:
I'll second the quality host! Conversation flows well and it feels like you're listening to two friends who already knew each other really well, just talking about what they love.
Just that passion makes it good to listen to, like you're there at a table in the ib just enjoying the conversation 👍🏻

Did you get someone for another episode that you wanted done in the next couple days?

Got to say you are a natural host Gonzo, you seem to instantly put your guest at ease and just poke them now and again to make them speak more. Bit like parky if you even remember him.

very impressive and very natural style 👍👍 keep it up😎
I agree but there was an issue.
Halloween IS one of the best movies ever.

I'll second the quality host! Conversation flows well and it feels like you're listening to two friends who already knew each other really well, just talking about what they love.
Just that passion makes it good to listen to, like you're there at a table in the ib just enjoying the conversation 👍🏻

Did you get someone for another episode that you wanted done in the next couple days?

I've had at least 10 people come forward and a couple of offers to visit people and actually do videos looking at their collection which is another thing I'd like to add to the channel.

Nobody could record today and I'm working editing video all day tomorrow so it will have to be next week but I'll try and do at least two.

Halloween IS one of the best movies ever.
Of course this is subjective, but Scott saying the film is crap is just WRONG. I agree wholeheartedly though with his opinion of "The Thing". The vision Carpenter had along with Rob Bottin being able to show off that vision is just nuts. The effects are just fu$%*g insane, the 80's were just great for horror films.

Of course this is subjective, but Scott saying the film is crap is just WRONG. I agree wholeheartedly though with his opinion of "The Thing". The vision Carpenter had along with Rob Bottin being able to show off that vision is just nuts. The effects are just fu$%*g insane, the 80's were just great for horror films.
Maybe you grew up with the film but my God the acting is terrible. I don't see how you can look past it :D

Halloween/Ultraman was originally designed as a John Wick theme apparently and then used for Ultraman, Halloween came after.
Not the greatest film but one of the most iconic horror theme tunes of all time, it’s my birthday so had to have it🤪

All the girls watching John Carpenter dross whilst the cool kids had the Texas chainsaw massacre on video nastyware!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All the girls watching John Carpenter dross whilst the cool kids had the Texas chainsaw massacre on video nastyware!

I had one of the biggest Texas Chainsaw Collections in the world up until a few years ago, most of it funded my pins!
Had been collecting for over 20 years, still have some rare items to shift. Massive horror fan but TCM in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually use a chainsaw, now you can’t get much more manly that😂
I remember charging mates at school to come to mine and watch Texas chainsaw massacre🤑

I wonder why Erik changed it then. Well mine goes BIB and I’ll fix it when it next plays up!

Maybe you grew up with the film but my God the acting is terrible. I don't see how you can look past it :D

Funnily enough I had this recently.
Reply from Brian Eddy - it’s meant to hit the drop targets [emoji106]
66e1bdede49ad6462f8def45d21151d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he fancy popping on the chin-wag? 😂

John Carpenter is a legend and Halloween is iconic slasher fun. His best movie isn't The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, Prince of Darkness or They Live, although all these are epic. Sh1t I even like Assault on Precinct 13. Still never saw The Fog although I hear good things. His best movie though imo is Starman. That film is so lovely and quirky.

John Carpenter is a legend and Halloween is iconic slasher fun. His best movie isn't The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, Prince of Darkness or They Live, although all these are epic. Sh1t I even like Assault on Precinct 13. Still never saw The Fog although I hear good things. His best movie though imo is Starman. That film is so lovely and quirky.
Only one of the above I haven't seen is Starman. So out of these The Thing is his best film, I really love Prince Of Darkness too though which is way underrated. The Fog too is also great, Assault on Precinct 13 is good as is Escape From New York and They Live, Big Trouble In Little China is ok but way overrated.

Only one of the above I haven't seen is Starman. So out of these The Thing is his best film, I really love Prince Of Darkness too though which is way underrated. The Fog too is also great, Assault on Precinct 13 is good as is Escape From New York and They Live, Big Trouble In Little China is ok but way overrated.

He's barely done a bad film. Maybe Village of the Damned was a bit hokey but anything with Chris Reeve in it gets a pass. Give Starman a go mate. It's a very odd film in many respects. I love it!

PXL_20210814_140124423.jpg

The Fog is like an episode of Scooby Doo. Definitely one of his weaker films. Christine is always overlooked and under rated in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom