What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

we have had several masts attacked and staff harassed by idiots who believe any old nonsense posted on facebook. complete idiots.

what are you on about Rob Zombie? nothing wrong with that government has outlined what it calls high risk vendors, Huawei and ZTE (there are others).

The part about high risk vendors wasn't what concerned me. What concerns me is the very fact that the government has set aside vast sums of money to make 5G more appetising to the public. It's ****ing bizarre.

we have had several masts attacked and staff harassed by idiots who believe any old nonsense posted on facebook. complete idiots.

Same here.... kept our teams busy and put them at risk when they really shouldnt have been... :mad: :mad:

This 5G scaremongering going on is ridiculous. We had similar with 3G. Look where a lot of mobile masts are. On the roofs of hospital's, some are just above maternity wards.
There is nothing to see here.

The principals of 6G are on the horizon..wireless cognition.

Interestingly EGX2020 has been confirmed as on for September. They're taking bookings for exhibitors. That's at the ExCel which is currently NHS Nightingale.

That seems very optimistic.

Even if lockdown ends within a month or so, social distancing is going to be required until there is a generally available vaccine, which is going to be a year minimum. How can you expect to have a show where people are mingling or sitting next to each other watching presentations?

Even if lockdown ends within a month or so, social distancing is going to be required until there is a generally available vaccine, which is going to be a year minimum. How can you expect to have a show where people are mingling or sitting next to each other watching presentations?

Yes, it seems completely ridiculous. Thousands of people will also be sharing VR headsets etc. On top of everything else they'd need to spend months deep cleaning that place after it's been used as a pandemic hospital. It's only booked out as Nightingale for three months, but that's sure to be extended. I certainly won't want to set foot in there for a long long time.

That does assume that herd immunity really is no longer the government strategy.

Coronavirus Daily Press Conference:-
Is it me or has anyone got thoughts on the stupid ass questions posed by the press ?
Half the Qs have either already been asked previously or will just be met with the usual political answer!
Top flight press? Where do they get these people.....
At least try and ask questions that will be met with a coherent answer.........please 👍

The "best" one was I think yesterday:
Q: In light of the Coronavirus should we leave the EU.
Answer from Rishi: FFS you knob, we've already left.

The "best" one was I think yesterday:
Q: In light of the Coronavirus should we leave the EU.
Answer from Rishi: FFS you knob, we've already left.

LOL, I must have missed seeing that one.

One of todays questions got a more useful answer asking about the % of people who get coronavirus are asymptomatic since said it was probably below 50% and expected it to be somewhere around 30% once testing answers that question.

The part about high risk vendors wasn't what concerned me. What concerns me is the very fact that the government has set aside vast sums of money to make 5G more appetising to the public. It's ****ing bizarre.

not really - we are a knowledge economy and 5G can make significant difference to that.

not really - we are a knowledge economy and 5G can make significant difference to that.

Yeah I just feel that's not the job of government. They shouldn't be taking our money in taxes and spending millions of it selling us 5G. 5G is happening whether we like it or not. Personally I'm not bothered by it. My ex girlfriend was a senior ranking engineer for BT and Meteor and I don't wear the tin foil hat. I have a 5G router in my home. But this massive budget for selling back to the people who paid for the advertising really annoys me. I know it sounds clichéd at this stage but why isn't that £100m being spent on something more useful like the NHS instead of this completely pointless exercise?

Last edited:
Road blocks here in Pembrokeshire/Carmarthenshire since yesterday to stop people coming here for the weekend. Checking every vehicle.
Going to be awkward to give my car its exercise this weekend😏

Motorists arent fazed by a £30 quid fine. Insurance companies need to clarify that if you are breaking the law you are not covered. Eg : knock over a pensioner in skegness when your home is in London and you could lose a LOT of money when sued.

Yeah I just feel that's not the job of government. They shouldn't be taking our money in taxes and spending millions of it selling us 5G. 5G is happening whether we like it or not. Personally I'm not bothered by it. My ex girlfriend was a senior ranking engineer for BT and Meteor and I don't wear the tin foil hat. I have a 5G router in my home. But this massive budget for selling back to the people who paid for the advertising really annoys me. I know it sounds clichéd at this stage but why isn't that £100m being spent on something more useful like the NHS instead of this completely pointless exercise?

I don’t know what senior ranking engineer means.

But It’s not being spent on 5G infrastructure it’s being spent with companies so they can use 5G technology to improve their business.

Aren’t you in the video game business?

Videogames tax relief was over £100M this year alone...

Rockstar games who made grand theft auto hasn’t paid any corporation tax in 4 years and is benefiting from VGTR to the tune of £80M and TakeTwo who own Rockstar traded a $299M profit...

I vote we bin VGTR and put that £80M into the NHS.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Somebody got stopped from Birmingham who picked their partner up from Milford Haven who happened to be wanted by the police🤷‍♂️

I don’t know what senior ranking engineer means.

But It’s not being spent on 5G infrastructure it’s being spent with companies so they can use 5G technology to improve their business.

Aren’t you in the video game business?

Videogames tax relief was over £100M this year alone...

Rockstar games who made grand theft auto hasn’t paid any corporation tax in 4 years and is benefiting from VGTR to the tune of £80M and TakeTwo who own Rockstar traded a $299M profit...

I vote we bin VGTR and put that £80M into the NHS.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fair point! 👍 I've no idea how Rockstar even qualify for that, since the main caveat requires the game to promote Britain culturally (which usually means setting it in England).

Police have stopped a few people up here in the Lake District, but nowhere near 3,000. I had a nice walk to Penrith beacon yesterday, can see a bit of Lake Ullswater from up there and it takes just under an hour to walk up there and back from my house; at least 6 years since I've done that; even saw a robin. Made a change from the 30 minutes gardening I've been doing these last few days while the weather is nice.

Back
Top Bottom