What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

This is the other situation that needs solving - those who spout utter nonsense - ****tards like David Icke and these other Cupid stunts that spout their nonsense...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last stupid question on the Covid-19 update this afternoon, I’m sure the guy was looking for a full enquiry.....
Was he hinting that the virus was manufactured to wipe out ethnics ...... FFS..what next 🙄

what’s annoying me is the very tiny coverage of other countries on the news. i would really like to see what’s happening outside of the uk, eu, usa. the beeb did transmit a piece about russia today. a stream of ambulances queuing for 9 hours to drop their patients off at the hospital. they also did a bit about india.
but apart from that i’ve found myself scouring the obscure news channels to get a bit more insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true that. I guess it might be partly that they can't get the journalists into these places now?

Black, Asian and minority ethnic

the last part makes it meaningless to me personally.

I would have agreed.... however according to the bible known as Urban Dictionary it has been about for ages.... :rofl:
View attachment 105650

Perhaps the word BAME was only used in BAME communities between 2011 and 3 days ago 😂 Either way, it's a weird phrase to hear in a press conference. I hate acronyms at the best of times, even in pinball. It's just lazy.

Perhaps the word BAME was only used in BAME communities between 2011 and 3 days ago 😂 Either way, it's a weird phrase to hear in a press conference. I hate acronyms at the best of times, even in pinball. It's just lazy.

Just another label to pigeonhole us masses. Don’t think anyone would use it to refer to themselves. Peter NCES (Northern council estate scum. )

Weird. I would have said that BAME is pretty common as a term. I’ve come across it a lot at work for the last 10 years plus.

The one term that does always trip me up is CIS when I see it mentioned. Still not 100% sure if that one is meant to be derogative.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's never heard the term before. Seems to be a government created acronym which not a lot of people are aware of.

I would like to hear some other news from anywhere. There must be something else happening somewhere?

Internet is useful. NBC publish their nightly headlines to YouTube for example if you want to see the madness going on in the USA

Well another one to add to the stats. My Mum just succumbed to the virus. She was in a care home for last few months. They sent her to hospital Saturday as she was struggling to breathe. c-19 confirmed yesterday, then passed this morning.

In a way it is a blessing, she hadn’t been happy for a long time and “wanted to go” in her words. Still a shock when you get the phone call.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here - and very sorry to be reading this @AlanJ and @kevlar. Last November I lost my mum to cancer. Similar to Alan's experience, in the end she told me she'd 'had enough', painful words I'll never forget. Every time I hear the new corona death statistics on the news I can't help but imagine all the husbands, wives, kids, sisters, brothers... friends.. all experiencing the same loss. It's heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom