What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

We were told today my 85 year old father who's in hospital after his fall 3 weeks ago has caught it :(. He's in a bad way after the fall, this is all he needs.
FFS really sorry to hear this, wish him all the best for recovery.

Clueless; the masks do absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes and No on that statement :thumbs:
These masks have to be face fitted to your face and tested as one type of mask may fit one person and not another .I have to use these Mask's at work and you have to be trained how to put one on plus a test to see if you have fitted it correctly .The test is basically you have a bag over your head and than someone pumps some strong smells in the head suit and ask you to move around and if you can smell the smell then it's failed .so when Joe blog puts one on it most likely not fitted correctly so it's no good plus you also have to be clean shaven as well to use one .

We were told today my 85 year old father who's in hospital after his fall 3 weeks ago has caught it :(. He's in a bad way after the fall, this is all he needs.
All the best for your Father... Sorry to hear this :(

Yes and No on that statement :thumbs:
These masks have to be face fitted to your face and tested as one type of mask may fit one person and not another .I have to use these Mask's at work and you have to be trained how to put one on plus a test to see if you have fitted it correctly .The test is basically you have a bag over your head and than someone pumps some strong smells in the head suit and ask you to move around and if you can smell the smell then it's failed .so when Joe blog puts one on it most likely not fitted correctly so it's no good plus you also have to be clean shaven as well to use one .

Yes that’s partly it but also all of the masks that folks are wearing even if fitted properly will, on their own, not do anything to reduce your chance of catching covid-19. The masks are worth wearing if you know you are infected.

I did see that @Cryptkeeper had cracked out the Irish engineering though-

1e45f84185d3500210d597ec93ce9b4e.jpg

Wishing him the very best for recovery. We lost a colleague in Italy to it this week.

One upside is the roads are completely empty. We have this epic road between Woking and Aldershot and I've been taking a run along it on the way to Sainsbury's. Even had the legendary E30 out for a run.

Been very tempted to get my GRMN yaris out as the roads around here are amazing but the last time I did this I almost over took a unmarked BMW at 120 but luckily he put the rear blue lights on to warn me and that was on an A road around the corner from my house. Put me right off😂
Such a rush though😈

I would mate - will never be another time like it :)

One upside is the roads are completely empty. We have this epic road between Woking and Aldershot and I've been taking a run along it on the way to Sainsbury's. Even had the legendary E30 out for a run.

Perfect time for Hampshires pot holes and white lining to be be done due to reduced traffic. It could all be done under rolling roads works and give and take boards. Alas Hampshire Highways does not share the same thought.
This one was filled in privately until HCC will attend. *rant over!

Attachments

• 20200318_115717.jpg
    20200318_115717.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 25
Been very tempted to get my GRMN yaris out as the roads around here are amazing but the last time I did this I almost over took a unmarked BMW at 120 but luckily he put the rear blue lights on to warn me and that was on an A road around the corner from my house. Put me right off😂
Such a rush though😈
Make the most of it, the roads will look like this soon enough....
The_Highway_2.jpg

My two favourite websites for following stats of the virus:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

I was checking the worldometers site daily from early March to see if I could predict whether my snowboarding holiday in France would be cancelled. It was, on the day we arrived :rolleyes:.

The FT site has an interesting graph showing how bad it's getting in the US, and how much worse it's going to be if they don't take stricter measures.

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 11.16.35.png

thanks. hadn’t seen the ft one. been using the other though. it gets updated regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think the way Trump is handling it is basically a death sentence for hundreds of thousands of people.

That is my worry as well as soon as he said about Easter, and meaning Easter 2020 not Easter 2021. Never liked him before he was elected, and even before all this my opinion of him had gone downhill massively - saw an episode of the celebrity apprentice where they had to sell something and make as much money as possible, but they could call in "favours" and that made it so who knew the richest person who could get there would win and everyone else working was completely pointless - what sort of a message is that to send to a nation.

Keeps me well isolated :)

Back
Top Bottom