What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

Apparently the anticipated new baby boom children already have a stack of different names, as well as “cornoa kids” they are also likely to get called the “quarenteenies” as they get older.

I suspect divorce lawyers are going to be doing a roaring trade in August. On our local groups there are already loads of desperate posts for accommodation from people who’s other halves have slung them out of their house.

I wonder if we will have a big increase in single child families as a result of people with a single young child now realising what it’s like to be with them all day and deciding not to go for number 2.

On the flip side there's a number of single parents I know (both male and female) who previously were staunch go-it-aloners who have now realised that it would be quite nice to have someone there to support them...

Yes and No on that statement :thumbs:
These masks have to be face fitted to your face and tested as one type of mask may fit one person and not another .I have to use these Mask's at work and you have to be trained how to put one on plus a test to see if you have fitted it correctly .The test is basically you have a bag over your head and than someone pumps some strong smells in the head suit and ask you to move around and if you can smell the smell then it's failed .so when Joe blog puts one on it most likely not fitted correctly so it's no good plus you also have to be clean shaven as well to use one .

What's a shave 😀

Got a Tesco delivery van out the back. Managed to get a slot last night. Careful negotiations for social distancing currently ongoing 😂

Bloody hell. you did well to get a next day slot. Our ones are booked solid for the next 3 weeks and any new slots that open go within Mins.

Yeah I've no idea how. A couple of days ago when we tried it was saying we were 155,000th in the queue. The wife tried again last night around 8pm and got one straight away. There's a limit of three of every item but they had everything we ordered, just a swap on a bottle of rum. Should keep us going for a few more weeks.

The rate of the big C right now in the states is flying like sh*t through a goose!
I seriously hope the pinball manufacturers across the pond can recover from this downtime.
Not sure what help they are getting from the gov.

The rate of the big C right now in the states is flying like sh*t through a goose!
I seriously hope the pinball manufacturers across the pond can recover from this downtime.
Not sure what help they are getting from the gov.
Yeah, all the ‘celebrity designers’ at Stern are old (that’s 50+ in my just turned 40 mindset) and male. Two of the higher risk demographics.

@Sako-TRG ...

The "created in a chinese lab" stories have been going around for months. It is claimed that there are bio research labs close to the epicentre of the outbreak. No idea whether this is true.

Whether that is accidental release of the toxin through inadequate procedures, deliberate theft of bats by workers to make tasty snacks ...

The movie contagion is brilliant. The source of the new virus in that movie from around 10 years ago was a chinese bat

Just been on the news that there is an outbreak on a US aircraft carrier. If a cruise ship has difficulty docking that will be even harder if its not near its base.

..and on the local news that Penrith leisure centre (and 4 other places in Cumbria) getting turned into temporary hospitals by the army. Thought it was just NHS Nightingale hospitals that were getting built, but there is a second program for non-Covid 19 patients so main hospitals have more capacity.

Being cynical, maybe the current bat theory is based purely on the movie? 🤔
This is an interesting read re the various theories as to what started this nightmare

Interestingly my daughter has a PHD in bat genetics and how they spread disease - and she's been saying for years that a virus like this has been inevitable because of the destruction of the habitats of animals which are being forced to live in closer confines, thereby spreading disease.

UK govt is rapidly losing the confidence of the people IMHO. Pathetic answers to questions. Repeated avoidance. Trotting out scripted responses. Inadequate PPE for health workers. Testing looks a shambles. Top 3 govt guys dealing with this are all infected.

We are heading for herd immunity via governmental incompetence.

Just drove back from an NHS job in Wath...coming up the A1 - Scotch Corner then A66 back to Scotland.
I can tell you now, there’s much more traffic on the road from the start of the lockdown.
Was originally just HGVs.....+ Vans but now loads of cars too 🙄

They think the peak for here in W Wales is 8 weeks away, going to be a lot of cabin fever everywhere!
Having a London accent living here has its advantages for a change, people stepping back when I talk at the shops😂

My parents have been self-isolating for the last few weeks. I just found out my dad had to go into hospital for an emergency procedure today (detached retina) and now having to stay in overnight. Total nightmare. Very depressing times.

what are you on about Rob Zombie? nothing wrong with that government has outlined what it calls high risk vendors, Huawei and ZTE (there are others).

Back
Top Bottom