What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

Solar Sailer

Site Supporter
In challenging times globally, I do hope our Pinball community keeps safe and healthy. Lots of hype in the media and drastic measures being taken by Goverments across the planet, with some counties just not declaring just to save face.

Keep safe and play pinball. (And clean the buttons I guess regularly! )

Last edited:
It’s going to be interesting to see how long schools remain open for. We have about 160 teaching staff. Yesterday around 20 were off. Presumably some were self isolating With coughs etc as per the new guidelines. There’s also been other stuff doing the rounds, several staff members I know are currently coming in with really bad colds etc. Its part of the normal deal of working with so many kids. It’s going to be utterly impossible to get supply staff. Inevitably staff absence will go up as time progresses.

gov plans are pretty much to just have schools as holding pens for as long as possible With rolling year groups coming in on different days when normal class sizes are no longer viable.

ironically student attendance was great yesterday. I think just 2 kids out of 70 was out of my lessons.

The poor yr 11s and 13s are going to get hammered by this. God only knows how the May exam season will play out. I’ve spent the last week trying to move everything onto google classroom in order to try and teach remotely if needed. Can’t see half of my kids logging on though if they get sent home.

there’s going to be huge issues about isolating the kids. Family size is often 8-10 people in a small inner city flat. Lots of them are on free school meals so it’s the one proper meal they get each day. If parents work it tends to be as Uber drivers or self employed in restaurants so taking time off work isn’t really viable for them.

oh well. Absolutely nothing I can do about it, so time to improve my pinball skills.

I was all cool until the Ocado site stopped working

WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!

My Dad had a nasty fall last night so is in our local hospital. Seen quite a few nurses suiting up to deal with suspected covid cases.

Queues down both sides of the road this morning for Waitrose opening at 10. No medicine, toilet roll, pasta..... Some shelves are completely empty!

It's mental. I've just stayed in the pub the last 4 days. Safest place. I've seen those government advice films, Shaun of the dead and World's End.

giphy.gif

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Amazon Prime Now - plenty of bog roll and pasta delivered to your door (or the pub) within 2 hours. There's absolutely no need for what these idiots are doing.

I did read somewhere that the army were going to be deployed to keep order in the supermarkets. I hope they do.

P3 - N95 spec masks ordered for me and the Mrs 👍
Regardless of what the gov says about wearing them. Stick a pair of shades on, jobs a good one 😉

I've been partially ignoring it till we went to Tesco on the way back from Flip Out on Sunday... What a shocking display.
I'm quite the introvert, I drive trains, avoid people most of the time. Especially being on my time off at the moment which means pinball and staying at home.

Seeing the reality of people in the supermarkets certainly shocked me.

I think one thing we need to be wary of (except the obvious) , is social media and our mental health. There is already so much misinformation on FB, which can be potentially dangerous.
Also getting stuck looking at news articles or social media can really affect your mental health, especially those who suffer with anxiety.

I'm trying to avoid it all except for once or twice a day visiting the bbc news, guardian or Reddit sites. Otherwise I find myself obsessing over it all, especially considering I don't have work for a week.

God knows what will happen when I return to work.
I did some overtime last week and it was eerie how empty the peak trains were.

Very good points on anxiety and mental health @David_Vi

Accordingly to my weekly report from Apple my average screen time last week was way up from normal.

It’s a bit of a battle for me to stay off news sites anyway, I’d even taken to switching my phone to black and white, but the current situation and information vacuum is making it hard not to obsess.

Thanks for having the bravery to raise it.

Think I need to go to the cash & carry and get some kegs of lager if theres going to be a lock down!
My poor dads in London and has copd and he also has my mum to cope with who likes her walks in Richmond by the Thames, she just doesn’t get it😩
Ive got a weakened immune system due to having had Hodgkin lymphoma so god knows what it will do to me, better start putting price tags in my pins!
This all seems unreal, like a movie.

Ive got a weakened immune system due to having had Hodgkin lymphoma so god knows what it will do to me, better start putting price tags in my pins!
This all seems unreal, like a movie.

Dude you need to setup that pin tent you had and live in it for a while!

On my usual Bristol -> Reading train and I’m the only one in this carriage, properly creepy how dead it is.

No morning traffic was nice though :)

I’ve bought one of these Darth Vader masks.
I’m not wearing it yet though until it really kicks off.
Feel a bit of a twat walking around with this on as it also sound like Vader 😂92FD22D6-5E27-4145-BBFC-0B17512905E4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom