What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

Many workers in this country put their trust in unions, for very good reason I’m sure. I guess I can’t blame you for being a bit biased against the federation, or unions for that matter, being an MD n all...... 😉

As long as those folks realise union cares only about the union.

I'm staying well away from supermarkets. We've signed up with the milkman for regular deliveries of bread, milk, cheese, eggs and potatoes. It does mean I have to get up at 5:30am every morning to take them off the doorstep before someone else does though. Won't need to leave the house until the alcohol runs low...but even then there are local breweries offering free home delivery.

Why ? As long as you are 2m away you are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We just lit up the Nightingale hospital with glorious BTnet and hundreds of IP Phones.

Network is working fantastically 16.9Tb/sec last night.

We just lit up the Nightingale hospital with glorious BTnet and hundreds of IP Phones.

Network is working fantastically 16.9Tb/sec last night.

Nice bandwidth. Room for a small server and glftpd, asking for a friend?

Why ? As long as you are 2m away you are fine.

Don't need to for a while. Milkman brings us most of what we need. The only thing we will need in a few weeks time is fresh fruit and veg but there are smaller grocers I can go to for that. There's no way on the planet I'm queuing around a supermarket carpark.

I haven’t had to queue round the car park and I’ve been to the supermarket everyday for me, neighbours, my daughter and a bunch of other folks who are high risk.

I haven’t had to queue round the car park and I’ve been to the supermarket everyday for me, neighbours, my daughter and a bunch of other folks who are high risk.

We phone in an order to the greengrocer and they put a box together for us with veg, fruit, cheese, meat etc. I just drive down and pick it up. Its easy (not cheap though) and I only have to come into contact with one other person. We have a weekly repeat order with them.

Gents,
Looks like Coop foods has changed their policy.
My Mrs just came back from the local store and they won’t let anyone in unless they have their own mask 😷
Small store - no more than 2 customers inside at once.

Clueless; the masks do absolutely nothing.

Because it’s not enough. People are then lulled into a sense of security that doesn’t exist.

Because it’s not enough. People are then lulled into a sense of security that doesn’t exist.

Yes, I would agree ......the correct type of mask / respirator in combination with other PPE + recommended virus avoidance measures is the best way forward.

Question - Scenario:-
I have jobs booked next week at NHS venues:
I’ll be working in surgeries with patients, doctors around etc.....
Working on migrating IT systems.
As you know, keyboards, phones etc.... are filthy, germ riddled.

Should my employer be providing engineers with PPE in this regard - duty of care?
Gloves, Sanitizer, etc.... I know this may be onsite but it’s a bit of a liberty turning up ill prepared?
Thoughts appreciated 👍

I've a reasonably serious dust mask, and it does say on the packaging that viruses can't penetrate it - problem is the missus thinks I look like Hannibal 😷

so the EXCEL , NEC and Manchester GMEX are to be used as Hospitals. All places where my pins have stood in recent events.

Just hope not to be using ANY of them!

Question - Scenario:-
I have jobs booked next week at NHS venues:
I’ll be working in surgeries with patients, doctors around etc.....
Working on migrating IT systems.
As you know, keyboards, phones etc.... are filthy, germ riddled.

Should my employer be providing engineers with PPE in this regard - duty of care?
Gloves, Sanitizer, etc.... I know this may be onsite but it’s a bit of a liberty turning up ill prepared?
Thoughts appreciated 👍

I think the real problem is going to be lack of supply. Even NHS staff can't get them. 45 doctors died from it in Italy so far. I certainly wouldn't like to go in there without protection.

Now it begins to make a lot of sense. Bill Gates ID2020

Well Mr Smartypants here had a dose of Karma today....

Last Sunday, thought i would be clever - hired a van for Monday, booked the day off, and moved all my pins from storage to onsite, meaning that i could drag them up the gameroom, set them all up, get the power sorted and then have some entertainment in times of boredom. Had a strong feeling that lockdown was coming.

Moved then up there today... Set the first couple up... lovely. Started to run the SWA in (60M run). Getting there.

Thought to myself - i'll just put some new balls in, since i removed the old ones before they went into storage...

Then i realised. Keys. None. In a key press. In the storage. 20 miles away.

****!

Well Mr Smartypants here had a dose of Karma today....

Last Sunday, thought i would be clever - hired a van for Monday, booked the day off, and moved all my pins from storage to onsite, meaning that i could drag them up the gameroom, set them all up, get the power sorted and then have some entertainment in times of boredom. Had a strong feeling that lockdown was coming.

Moved then up there today... Set the first couple up... lovely. Started to run the SWA in (60M run). Getting there.

Thought to myself - i'll just put some new balls in, since i removed the old ones before they went into storage...

Then i realised. Keys. None. In a key press. In the storage. 20 miles away.

****!

Back
Top Bottom