What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

40GB download - should be just about ready for the weekend over my 9Mbps DSL :rofl:
Looking forward to my gigabit FTTP install in April......

New Animal Crossing released tomorrow. Perfect desserted island for self isolators to relocate.

The UK's response to this crisis appears to me to be rather weak. Please don't go to the pub/ concerts/ football. Keep schools open, until today. No bans on visiting the elderley in care homes.

Certainly, Asian countries suffered far greater in recent times with Bird Flu, SARS etc so you can understand why they can handle this one better.

This thing spreads like wildfire so any talk of optimal timing of calculated containment measures seems remarkably optimistic to me.

The London Underground is probably the most efficient Coronavirus spreading mechanism on earth, and is connected to Heathrow, the world's most international airport.

Another efficient way to spread Coronavirus, in this case to every town and village in the country, is to leave schools open. Kids and schools are the ultimate vectors of disease. Indoors, close proximity, younger ones constantly mauling each other and sticking things in their mouths.

So why does the UK, even today, have it's two most effective Coronavirus spreading networks open ? Reliable data and footage out of Italy weeks ago clearly indicated what would almost certainly happen here.

IMHO the UK government believes that it cannot lock this down. If it did lock it down the thing could go turbo again once restrictions are lifted.

I reckon that the UK Government has either lost all semblance of control. Or, it is deliberate policy to allow herd immunity to develop. Either way, I do wonder whether we end up in the same place.

I was just turned away from visiting my DAD in Newport's Royal Gwent Hospital, they've closed the ward to all visitors ( previously they allowed one visitor 1 hour/day ). He's in after his bad fall on Saturday, likely to be in a while. They were very apologetic, I said not to be daft, I fully understand it's to protect him. Still upsetting though 😢 . ****s getting real.
Regarding care homes I know one local home stopped visiting a few days ago.

Half life Alyx is out Monday, can't wait.

Oh cool! Let us know what you think of it. I don't have the hardware unfortunately. Still catering to the masses on Rift. I suppose I should upgrade, but then there's the Oculus Quest and seemingly a new headset every six months. Would be much easier if there was some hardware commonality.

I have a quest linked to an alienware laptop, 1080ti, hopefully it'll do it justice.

Oh yes of course. For some reason I have it in my head that it's Index only. Their marketing has been a bit confusing to be honest. Especially with the teleporting locomotion gameplay videos. Let me know how it plays!

Oh cool! Let us know what you think of it. I don't have the hardware unfortunately. Still catering to the masses on Rift. I suppose I should upgrade, but then there's the Oculus Quest and seemingly a new headset every six months. Would be much easier if there was some hardware commonality.
Also interested! Don't have any VR hardware though :( - is this going to be VR's VisiCalc moment I wonder?

I've got a Rift on PC, massive Half Life universe fan, but I think i'm going to wait a while with Alyx... but avoid spoilers and gameplay.

Still in disbelief they have brought back the HL world though!

20% health workers in Italy test positive for Covid helping patients, meanwhile - A-holes in this country still going to pub 🤬 - Story below - stayed open Saturday then forced to close Sunday. Proprietor is a total ******!

Last edited:
There's a fake news story going around about Putin letting loose 500 lions on the streets of Russia to keep people indoors. It's not a bad idea!

Back
Top Bottom