What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

A lot of people have made huge personal sacrifices through all this.

Not being with loved ones when they really need you because you’re doing what the government has asked you to do. Stay home, save lives, protect the NHS.

What DC has done has made a mockery of it all and left us with a mixture of emotions. Foolish, anger, sorrow, regret, etc

So I guess The C Word is now Cummings?

Stolen of Facebook.
This is the press ignoring social distancing rules to shame someone who ignored a rule. Weird.

I had never heard of Cummings before the last 4-5 days. And to be honest, I don't give a monkey about what he did. I just think the press is rubbish.

Yep the press photographers are all climbing over each other to get the best shot of a guy that went out for a drive in his car with his family that he was isolating with, then they have the cheek to say hes being irresponsible.

Bit like when the reports go to somewhere to show you that people are being irresponsible by going there. They seem to think they are above the rules and are key workers

Be a dick .. get Dom!

Is Cummings goings?

I should write for the Sun

Malcolm Tucker in a tracksuit

Genuinely surprised the govt didn’t insist on masks being worn on public transport a lot sooner. Whether or not they are effective at all is open to debate but relatively easy to enforce.

Looking forward to returning to school on a more regular basis than just working with vulnerable kids from the 15th but still trying to work out which 6 Sixth form students out of classes of 25 I’m going to cram into my classroom. If any of them need a pee we all have to leave the room so that one of them can get out. I can’t even open a window to let fresh air in as they are all sealed and we have passive aircon (it smells worse than a pinball meet come summertime)

Do I select the 6 who have submitted the least work online over the last three months as they are furthest behind or do I throw them under the bus and go for the best 6 knowing they are going to achieve the most in life anyway?

It’s such an uneven playfield. My daughter‘s school all have iPads and daily online lessons in their regular timetabled slots. My son‘s school has irregular live lessons and posted online work but no plans to return this academic year. Whereas at my school less than 10% of the kids are completing lessons set online. So many families sharing 1 laptop (if any) between 6 family members and kids trying to write essays on mobile phones with limited Internet access.

Somehow all three groups are still meant to be tested on the same breadth of content come next May. (And as a bonus I found out my that my budget for the girls has also now been cut to 23p a week per student from September so I might go on a sending spree and buy a class pack of pencils 😉)

Anyone have kids/grandkids in reception/year1? How did their return go? Remembering the chaos of kids birthday parties I don’t envy anyone trying to keep them apart all day.

Anyone have kids/grandkids in reception/year1? How did their return go? Remembering the chaos of kids birthday parties I don’t envy anyone trying to keep them apart all day.
1 son in reception in a small village school.
The School and it’s Headteacher deserve a medal for managing in the circumstances.

~50% of his class of 29 have returned, not including his teacher who remains available and very proactive from her home as her son isn’t in the age group who have the option. Split into two sessions with about 7-8 kids in each and nicely also their friend ‘bubbles’; alternating between mornings 0900-1150 Mon-Friday and afternoons 1300-1500 (Mon-Thurs). He did afternoons last week. A total of 6hrs in school over 3days (Monday was a ‘sort it all out’ aka teacher training day). The difference in him was amazing, so he’ll continue to go until advice changes or the Summer holidays start - then Lord knows what we’ll do because most traditional day care options remain closed. We both work as full time as we can still, me 0600-1200 then her 1300-late to balance the childcare around varying school hours, but we’re fortunately that it’s mostly all doable from home.

Taking each week as it comes.

Good to hear your son is back and happy. Kids really do need the company and structure. My daughter turned 13 yesterday and I felt so bad that none of her friends were with her (I think it’s a Teenage girl thing as my son has been pretty much oblivious through the whole of lockdown, if anything he occasionally ventured out of his room marginally more than six months ago).

is that beer as bad as it sounds? I had some raspberry infused stuff from them and I normally like fruit beer but it was absolutely rank.

So first day back for my yr12s today (up to now it’s just been keyworker kids in school and all the others are meant to be working remotely).

I was meant to have 36 girls in, spread across three rooms and two sessions a day. A grand total of 10 students turned up.

(Across the whole school we managed to get a shocking 35 kids out the 160 in yr12)

It’s going to be a long hard slog to convince people it’s safe to return. Can’t make up my mind if more will start to join as time goes on or if we will have kids dropping out.

So according to reports today. Arcades are now allowed to reopen but bowling alleys are still banned? Really struggling to see the logic of that one. Does the average fat bowler huff and puff more than someone on a dance machine? I would have thought less people touched a bowling ball than a fruit machine.

Id love to know how they come to an agreement on these things. Does everyone sit around a table and suggest their favourite hobbies?

BJ mentioned in his speech today about being asked why something are allowed and somethings are not, he went into a dialogue that was meant to let me think there is science influencing this but I didn’t hear any actual science.

Cinema is fine but Theatre is not.
You can space the audience out to watch a screen in a cinema - you can hardly space the actors out on stage.

It's not rocket science. People are too quick to try and pick up on discrepancies and use that as an argument that everything said is wrong.

You can space the audience out to watch a screen in a cinema - you can hardly space the actors out on stage.

It's not rocket science. People are too quick to try and pick up on discrepancies and use that as an argument that everything said is wrong.

I thought the point was that theatres CAN open but they CAN'T have live perfromances. I get that fact as you explain above but then it's like saying live music venues can open but they can't have any live bands - what else are they meant do? That is their business so may as well have said theatres to stay shut would have been more logical.

I thought the point was that theatres CAN open but they CAN'T have live perfromances. I get that fact as you explain above but then it's like saying live music venues can open but they can't have any live bands - what else are they meant do? That is their business so may as well have said theatres to stay shut would have been more logical.
Is it so you can use the theatre for rehearsals etc?

What about plays in theatres with a single act? I guess everyone gets the Kibosh then which isn’t fair.
Since it ain’t rocket science, you’re perhaps one of the elite few who’s good at deciphering BJs guidance. Maybe you should educate us going forward because it’s still a mystery to me 😂

Last edited:
If a music venue is allowed to open but not put on shows etc does this mean that they are then voluntarily closed? If so then does that mean staff won’t be supported by the state? Is business interruption insurance also invalid?

The futures not looking good for sections of the entertainment industry.

It's not looking good for INTU either. I know they were in trouble before COVID but can't imagine places like Trafford and Metro centre disappearing. Surely someone like Realm will buy them?
Unless KMPG can weave some magic....

What about plays in theatres with a single act? I guess everyone gets the Kibosh then which isn’t fair.
Since it ain’t rocket science, you’re perhaps one of the elite few who’s good at deciphering BJs guidance. Maybe you should educate us going forward because it’s still a mystery to me 😂
Point proven about trying to find discrepancies

Maybe you want advice on how to wipe your backside as well, we havent been told how to do that yet.🤣🤣

they won't disappear but suspect the company that owns them will change. but who in the right mind would put money in to that? Maybe change them in to trendy flats but retail is ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom