What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

I've been self testing, twice a week, for the last month.
It takes less than 5 minutes to do, then a further 30 mins for the results.
All results are then logged on the website, using my NHS Id, IF you self test positive, you then get to go and have the test done at the hospital.
As the hospital test is a different test, pretty much rules out any false positives. IF that comes back positive you then go through the isolation process.

I would have thought that that would be the first step to more closely monitoring the spread of the virus and those infected. Only requires the test kits being sent out, and public service adverts as to how to use them.

Along with reducing the number of people having to attend a hospital for an 'official' test (thus freeing up the clinical staff administering the test and processing the results and those people tasked with contacting the positives), it can reach those people who don't have the ability/inclination to get tested when they're asymptomatic.

Getting 1400 teenagers to self test is going to be interesting. Imagine herding 1400 cats. Listening and following instructions isn’t their strong point. I have a minor celebration if they remember to bring a pen

Yep and they have established ten manufacturing bases world wide at a cost that can be afforded for global population and a vaccine that can travel easily.

At the beginning of the year I filled out all of the pinball dates into the family calendar before Lou fillef it with other stuff.

This week is the last event that hasn't happened... The awesome robot bash hosted by @robotgreg :(

20201227_125704.jpg

Fingers crossed we will get some events in next year, dont know if I should tempt fate by filling out the new calendar yet though.

I think if anyone has plans to get back to the office by Easter or have the kids in school anytime soon, best to rethink that.

We got it here now. Youngest daughter is +, rest of us tested neg on NYE. but since then i’ve started to feel really grotty - damn.
Gotta isolate until 11th.

If i go for a test and it’s now + then the isolation will extend. the nhs and gov websites say it’s 10 days from date of first symptoms but that is not true. track n trace told me it’s 10 days from the date of the positive test.
nhs app is a pile of ****e too. says i have to isolate until 7th.
talk about conflicting info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you all recover quickly.

my email was pinging away like a supermarket checkout this morning with details of kids who are either positive or having to isolate.

allegedly they are still sitting an exam in 2 days time. I’ve lost 20% + of them so that’s going to be a **** show.

Son is/was helping out on wards here (medical student) and a patient coughed in his face, he only had a mask on no visor. Patient died 5 mins later.
Isolating now at his girlfriends whose parents are also isolating as positive. His latest test was negative though.
This is crazy.

its time proper action on people breaking the rules. public stoning.

no head banging and spilling your beer in plastic beakers to ****ty rock in dives?

Bought my ticket for Skindred in Sept 2019. It’s now scheduled for Oct 2021 and that’s now looking iffy.
Got another ticket that I’d now Jan 2022.

Does not surprise me same with most government projects all the money ends up In just a few peoples pockets and barely any of it on the project it self. It’s all about who you know.

I don’t even want to know where my taxes go these days as probably 50% of it is wasted...

Im far happier just not thinking about it :D

The amount of money spunked on this you could have bought everyone a tablet and paid them to check in.

Hold on folks. Can you separate out the story from another mismanaged gov project
FROM companies who do consultancy
FROM folks who are consultants
Because most people who do the work as a consultant are employed and earning salaries.

In one way or another, I was a consultant for 15 years. Being paid to do very specific work. Either someone else charged me out or I was my own agent. In all situations, I brought a skill that the company didn’t have and most likely didn’t need after the work I did was complete.

On a few occasions, I was the trusted SME managing a large consultant company who where doing the delivery but the damage from the initial vendor selection and contract stage was usually done. It was my job to recognise what they should be doing and make it happen.
The contract usually has in it the cost of each type of resource.
Mismanaged consultants are usually more expensive than mismanaged staff on a day cost but easier to let go.

Mismanaged gov projects get us all annoyed. Government incompetence at awarding contracts is very annoying. Consultancies who the abuse that are also annoying. But consultants are not evil.

Back
Top Bottom