What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

^^^^^^ yeah, retail is screwed! Many of the shopping centers are issuing legal letters to the concessions / retailers to get their stores open.
Some are refusing, many retailers are going through redundancy processes etc.... so not in a position to open right now.
Meanwhile, the shopping centers have been getting little in the way of rent from the retailers and zero in % income from their sales.
All spells trouble for the big shopping centers....

Up until I got toothache around a month ago I was quite enjoying this lockdown malarkey with playing fortnite with my 8yr old and eating like a god with the wife baking and making real food not the usual plastic junk I whip up when shes at work.
But all this changed when I had to finally give up waiting on these dentists to do actual work as drilling and the likes is still not on the menu.
Monday morning saw me rolling around on the floor at 2 in the morning in agony so I decided to take the only option open to me an extraction!
OMG 1st time in my life for bad toothache and at the worst of times. It took 4 dentists almost 1hr to remove my back molar due to the fact they said I had really looked after them, never smoked and the tooth was actually very healthy but needed drill work as an old filling which I got as a kid had gave way.
I could cry the poor thing I didn't wanna lose didn't want to leave my body either and now im left wih something they call a dry socket that has seen me return for packing and yet more work as is now causing an absess on me gum so im back to sq1 and been prescribed antibiotics.
WTF I my as well put up with the pain even though they said it may be weeks till things change. The C work is more like the F word IMO

Anyone waiting for treatment have been well and truly screwed. My wife has been waiting since January to have her gallbladder / stones removed. She is in absolute agony and has had to go to A&E six or seven times. She has had her appointments cancelled three times. We ended up seeing the same consultant privately to at least get her on the list for the Operation. Even though the consultant has put her down as an urgent case, they have still not restarted Operations for anything but cancer patients. She has been in absolute agony for six month and still does not have a date for her Operation. It is a disgrace.

Coronavirus: WHO rethinking how Covid-19 spreads in air https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53329946
If this gets going then it will throw the latest government thinking out of the window.

We will be stuck with unused meal vouchers and 5% VAT on eat in food will be just a distant dream.

I think the governments latest incentive could put people back in jobs. It will fill restaurants i think. It will be interesting to see what the casual dining market companies do to there pricing ahead of the discount scheme.

Just hope we don't see an increase in regional lockdowns.
We have to remember some cultures eat from communal bowls and with there fingers. Coughing and clearing there throats in public are common in some cultures too.

Anyone waiting for treatment have been well and truly screwed. My wife has been waiting since January to have her gallbladder / stones removed. She is in absolute agony and has had to go to A&E six or seven times. She has had her appointments cancelled three times. We ended up seeing the same consultant privately to at least get her on the list for the Operation. Even though the consultant has put her down as an urgent case, they have still not restarted Operations for anything but cancer patients. She has been in absolute agony for six month and still does not have a date for her Operation. It is a disgrace.

You can get the op private?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last week I repaired a pinball for a Doctor, he is on the team that advises the government about CV19 - he has many online meetings with 'No10'.

If I was to put on here what he said, you would say I was 'making it up' or a 'conspiracy theorist'.
Would be interested to hear what he said. Obviously we would understand you would just be relaying what someone else had said.

Last week I repaired a pinball for a Doctor, he is on the team that advises the government about CV19 - he has many online meetings with 'No10'.

If I was to put on here what he said, you would say I was 'making it up' or a 'conspiracy theorist'.

Oh do it anyway.. always up for a laugh... then we can call you a conspiracy theorist!! :D

So what did he say pickholder ? I’m always keen to here news that the he bbc wasn’t privy to

Sadly it looks like the snooker has just been pulled. ☹️

Hard to follow the logic of that one. Only 300 people in a 1000 capacity venue. No shouting/singing etc. Probably about as safe as you could make an event.

Wouldn’t have thought that it was riskier than eating in a large restaurant (Although it goes on for longer) or working in an office environment.

A very cynical part of me wonders if this is in part an attempt to deflect criticism from last nights very late decision on Eid gatherings/meet ups in peoples houses.

Sadly it looks like the snooker has just been pulled. ☹

Hard to follow the logic of that one. Only 300 people in a 1000 capacity venue. No shouting/singing etc. Probably about as safe as you could make an event.
I bet Anthony Hamilton is kicking himself for withdrawing now!

Sadly it looks like the snooker has just been pulled. [emoji3525]

Hard to follow the logic of that one. Only 300 people in a 1000 capacity venue. No shouting/singing etc.

But all that coughing John! :)

On a serious note, prob better safe than sorry. It is, afterall, in international event.

Is it still going ahead though without a crowd?

snooker is one of the few sports I’ve ever watched on TV. Admittedly last time I watched Willie Thorne was one of the leading players. Seemed to involve a lot less rolling around on the floor than most sport.

I think we’ve got a lot of cancellations ahead of us. I’m trying to work out if it’s worth trying to save £80 on Download tickets or if next June is still going to be a washout. It’s not helped as no one has a clue when my sons A levels are likely to be taken (my money is on pushed back until July).

I saw beauty treatments have also been pushed back by a couple of weeks. It takes a very brave/foolish man to tell a young woman she can’t get her eyebrows threaded. 😉

Snooker is still going ahead, but other than today will be without an audience.

Formula 1 is now up to its 4th race (at Silverstone, followed by another next week). One of the drivers just tested positive so can't drive in either. Race after that should be Spain, but could be trickier for UK teams as if nothing changes any staff they send out can't come back without self-isolating for 14 days on return.

Can’t see Spain F1 happening - given what they have is going so well they’d be idiots to risk it.

Hope Checko gets fit soon.

I can’t see how any major sporting or music event is going to work right now. Expect pinball to be decimated next year also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has my gallbladder removed due to stones few years ago, it’s the most painful thing in the world when those stones move. After 3 “attacks” they removed it, cant even imagine having to keep going through that pain :(

One for the 5G conspiracy theorists.

Since we started vaccinating people at the hospital, EVERYONE's phone reception has dropped off in work.
Is the vaccine fighting the 5G?

Of course it isn't, it's ridiculous to try and link the 2, but that's no more farfetched than some of the guff currently being spouted about the vaccine.

Back in the real world, I get my jab tomorrow morning.

I’m trying to work out how all the Tower Hamlets school kids are going to be tested in the next 4 days. Can’t see the govt getting their **** together to do it before the end of term.

Even more fun we have loads of exams on the 6th-15th of Jan. God knows how many kids will be self isolating after mixing over Christmas. One positive case will take X amount of them out of the exams.

Back
Top Bottom