What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it in dollars? An American auction?
There’s is little to no correlation between the US market and the UK, so surely we’re not interested in those

is there an easy way to get a list of the machines and their hammer prices. ? i could add to my price tracker spreadsheet.

Yes there is. If you click on the the auction and then change the way it’s viewed, it will list everything without the photo but includes the winning bids.

3FB06E2F-8A70-440F-A4A5-E3265E7CAB0A.jpeg

4DB4F4CE-28B4-4A5B-A302-CA9DA1EE1036.jpeg

Yes there is. If you click on the the auction and then change the way it’s viewed, it will list everything without the photo but includes the winning bids.

View attachment 147277
View attachment 147278
under
Just looking at the first days hammer prices. lets just say there arent many bargains !!
understatement, the tech they are using is so crap, many complaints for remote bidding, it was painful to watch last night, although the arcade machines picked up pace later, but crazy prices, hammer price plus 18% bidder fee, and then 7.7% sales tax, then you have to get your winning machine here.....for the anyone but the usual suspects i guess these are out of reach....i guess the bidding gets more stratospheric the more beer is drunk in the evening.

understatement, the tech they are using is so crap, many complaints for remote bidding, it was painful to watch last night, although the arcade machines picked up pace later, but crazy prices, hammer price plus 18% bidder fee, and then 7.7% sales tax, then you have to get your winning machine here.....for the anyone but the usual suspects i guess these are out of reach....i guess the bidding gets more stratospheric the more beer is drunk in the evening.

I agree the delay in the online stream was terrible, especially if watched via FB.

Their auctions at the start of this year had much more reasonable prices. I actually bought a couple of arcade cabs back in Feb. The buyers commission then was 15% and container shipping was £200 a game.

I didn’t have to pay the sales tax as you have the UK vat to pay this end. Even when I factored in this it was still cheaper to buy those games from them, than try and source from the UK.

Now though I don’t think it’s viable.
I kept a record of the hammer prices for the arcade cabs I missed out on and they seem to be going for nearly $1000 more and in some cases higher than they were 6 months ago.

I agree the delay in the online stream was terrible, especially if watched via FB.

Their auctions at the start of this year had much more reasonable prices. I actually bought a couple of arcade cabs back in Feb. The buyers commission then was 15% and container shipping was £200 a game.

I didn’t have to pay the sales tax as you have the UK vat to pay this end. Even when I factored in this it was still cheaper to buy those games from them, than try and source from the UK.

Now though I don’t think it’s viable.
I kept a record of the hammer prices for the arcade cabs I missed out on and they seem to be going for nearly $1000 more and in some cases higher than they were 6 months ago.
who did you use for shipping? Ken from VAC?

Star wars with it's death star in the more traditional center playfield location. Nice :)

Bahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa that make the shot easier :p with R2D2 decapitated and to the right, must have timed that just right to get no DMD display as well

My Queens Castle buyer never paid. I knew it would be trouble the momment he said he “doesn’t do phone” going to relist on the forum for same ebay ssle price until tonight. If no takers will go back to ebay with £99 start. I assume i can block the guy from bidding? Is it worth it or is a route for more issues later?

My Queens Castle buyer never paid. I knew it would be trouble the momment he said he “doesn’t do phone” going to relist on the forum for same ebay ssle price until tonight. If no takers will go back to ebay with £99 start. I assume i can block the guy from bidding? Is it worth it or is a route for more issues later?
I'd just keep it on here for sale, I'm sure someone will take it.

Yep - go to Account Settings / Selling / Selling Preferences / Your Buyers / Blocked Buyers List.

I've blocked 5 complete wasters so far and I'm not a big seller. eBay don't make it easy to find this.

Interesting EM on Facebook. Inder "Hot & Cold".

facebook.com/marketplace/item/400398414834073

I tried to advise the guy…don’t rush the sale…seems to me there were a few Swiss Tonis sniffing around, tried to direct him here for a proper evaluation with some more pics. AF is not for me, yes i am strange, so no dog in the fight.

Last edited:
I tried to advise the guy…don’t rush the sale…seems to me there were a few Swiss Tonis sniffing around, tried to direct him here for a proper evaluation with some more pics. AF is not for me, yes i am strange, so no dog in the fight.

Seems he is taking some of your advice Skippy . He says he is in no hurry but so far has been offered £6500 but he bought it for more than that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems he is taking some of your advice Skippy . He says he is in no hurry but so far has been offered £6500 but he bought it for more than that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What got me was the opening line of the advert “ i have been advised” just said to me he doesn’t know what he has, and i would hate to see him not achieve a good sale for it, some bloke called Peter Hardmen swinging his dick about, but i have tougher skin than that Tbh.

addams on fb, al seems very odd, everyone pilling in with offers from one photo, sell has only ever made one facebook post and this is it .. all seems odd..

The seller of the AF on FB has now said someone messaged him with advice so he wants offers over £7000 for it. 😬

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom