What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why the game gets all the hate comments, it's a shame that Gottlieb gets so much stick, but each to there own.
You need to make your own mind up with what you like or dislike, there’s a load of pins that are ‘A’ rated titles that I would never want to play again but I’m not going to shout about it.
There are a few on here who love Gottliebs, including me. I just bought another one😎

You need to make your own mind up with what you like or dislike, there’s a load of pins that are ‘A’ rated titles that I would never want to play again but I’m not going to shout about it.
There are a few on here who love Gottliebs, including me. I just bought another one😎

80A and B's are the best of all Gottliebs with a couple of exceptions. System 3 onward are largely awful in comparison to Bally/Williams of the day, mainly due to their sound and call outs. Some decent themes though; e.g. Stargate. Have tried later Gottlieb games but just can't get on with them.

For me, in favourite order, it's likely:

TX Sector
Robowar
Alien Star
Super Orbit
Excalibur
Raven
Hollywood Heat
Arena

All this talk of X force lately and another one comes up for sale.

Seems like those replacement mpu's would come in handy if someone started production 😁

Dave, so what did you buy?

Gold Wings, has a built in air siren like the old ghost trains used to have. Frightens the life out of people if they don’t know😂
Very different layout that I like😎
You beat my high score yet Steve😬

Gold Wings, has a built in air siren like the old ghost trains used to have. Frightens the life out of people if they don’t know😂
Nice one it looks a fun game with the flipper setup.
Only way I'm going to beat your score is by removing the battery 😁

Technically an auction, but in the US. Check this out. A TOM sold for $11700!

Prices in the states are crazy right now. Wait til you see some of the hammer prices for the stuff from the museum of Pinball at Captains Auction this weekend. I think they will be nuts, even before the 15 to 18% buyers commission.

Last edited:
No love for the EMs though in the states though it seems??
Not really for unrestored ones, there's loads of them. Minto-restored ones people do pay big money for "apparently".
Watch for the crash in America first tho , money is being chucked around daft atm
Got to happen sooner rather than later. Those free Biden bucks will run out eventually. Unless you live in San Francisco where you get paid not to shoot anyone. Seriously. Easy money if you live in da hood and love the pinball... https://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francisco-will-pay-people-to-not-shoot-at-others

mate, if you live close to London and play it, some old timers start heading to the nearest tube station for cover

mate, if you live close to London and play it, some old timers start heading to the nearest tube station for cover
😂
I’ve got 2 old timers either side of me and one from London, I have ordered a “Ukraine Special' Siren, 'Military Surplus Stock'!!!” from @myPinballs as the one in there is not the big gold looking one. I wanted a louder one, will have to open the garage door so the whole valley can hear it🤣

I think thats for a VR setup - plug in a headset and use the buttons and PC.
Guess the screen is just for configuring it?

Just a guess though
Yes that appears to be the case. Some very wishful pricing there. Probably worth less than a tenth of that....and even then to an incredibly small niche within a niche.

Yes that appears to be the case. Some very wishful pricing there. Probably worth less than a tenth of that....and even then to an incredibly small niche within a niche.
Jeeze - I didn't even look at the price :eek:
Not worth anything like that, but right now a 1080Ti is £400ish - video card prices are beyond nuts. (I've got a 1070 that I bought second hand 2 years back which is now worth more than it was new :hmm:)
So the hardware is probably a £750-1K + whatever the VR kit is worth + the box, legs and buttons
Not worth anything like 5K though - £1500 give or take?

But certainly a niche within a niche with in a niche........

I’ve played a bit of VR pinball on an Oculus Quest - is better than video game pinball for sure, and this makes the most sense as a set up so you can lean/look down to line up shots and press the buttons properly, sure it’s a bit of work to set up but yeah… 5k..?

I thought about building something very similar to this. I set up a very basic box to put my quest controllers in for a slightly more realistic feel.

This is a better experience than a virtual pinball table in my opinion. Star wars pinball is pretty good on the quest and I think it is only a matter of time before someone allows us to play VP on it.

I thought about building something very similar to this. I set up a very basic box to put my quest controllers in for a slightly more realistic feel.

This is a better experience than a virtual pinball table in my opinion. Star wars pinball is pretty good on the quest and I think it is only a matter of time before someone allows us to play VP on it.
VPX supports VR - Not tried it myself as I don't have the kit, but the support is there.....

I had a spare pair of legs a few years ago and thought about building one of these... and also creating my own game in UE4 to play on it. But frankly there are way more interesting things you can do in VR than pinball so I did something else.

Day 1 of the captains auction for the museum of pinball is over.
It was mainly Gottlieb pins.
I’m no expert on pricing but the hammer prices seemed crazy imo.

Is Waterworld worth $4900 and a Rocky $10000? That’s before you add the buyers commission.

Day 1 of the captains auction for the museum of pinball is over.
It was mainly Gottlieb pins.
I’m no expert on pricing but the hammer prices seemed crazy imo.

Is Waterworld worth $4900 and a Rocky $10000? That’s before you add the buyers commission.
@steve brum is about to become a millionaire if you rate his collection at these prices lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom