The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2019
Kent
It's pointless giving our dearly departed professional restorer too much attention. One has to resign oneself to the fact that there are going to be more people like @biglouieuk who will in all innocence end up buying something from him over the odds and finding out that the word "restored" has a very wide interpretation.

Someone searching for deals-are-me pinball ebay will hopefully end up on here and find out the prior work of Andrew Backhouse aka AndyB53 (who can be reached at a.v.backhouse@btinternet.com), check out his posting history, and how he conducts himself, and be able to make their own informed purchasing decision.

If they happen to find this thread, and this post, by sheer chance then they'll be able to find out that he's been banned from here, and why.
How very dare you. Thats the best example of a deals-are-me Getaway pinball machine on ebay auction uk for best price in the country, I'll have you know...Well, it will be when I've spent a grand on it...

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2019
Kent
After all, as Wilde said, "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about". But then, why should a loudmouth bully always 'get away' with their tactics?
But Oscar Wilde wasn't thinking about Google search engine optimisation for the deals-are-me eBay account..

Reactions: Dex-Jay

stumblor

Registered
Sep 16, 2018
London · Davey Price
Alias
Davey Price
Good idea. Andrew Backhouse aka AndyB53 who goes by deals-are-me on eBay will be grateful, I'm sure. I like Flintstones.
This link will cut straight to the good stuff,

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/very-irritating-noise-from-my-getaway.43835/post-328958

Also here's the post where he completely loses it which is always good for context

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-all-new-ebay-auctions-facebook-gumtree-shpock-2020-thread.44742/page-8#post-334454

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2019
Kent
That game was for sale last September on freeads, was in Manchester, seller was called Mark.
e-mailed him back and for a few times, but when i said i wanted to see it , no reply's !!!
Exactly same photo's and description.
So whats the scam? HE says he has it. He doesnt. You pay online. never see them again?

Dairock

Registered
Dec 23, 2018
Nelson, Caerphilly
Trouble with freeads, you cannot contact seller direct, you have to go through their messaging service.
Around the same time, there was a Metallica for sale in Cardiff, which is only 20 miles from me.
After many messages, turn out that the machine was in Italy, but he had family in Cardiff ! lol

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
playpinball.uk
Alias
Neil McRae
"Here is a truly beautiful 1994 Williams Flintstones Pinball machine. Especially for all the “loose Women” on the Pinball Info site…" what a bellend. Comedy offers inbound...

And no pf underside photos, there's a surprise....
I’ve reported it to eBay also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro