What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done! If you can use eBay to advertise the pin and arrange to do the deal off eBay then that's ideal. Problem is its very tricky to exchange contact details when they start blocking messages.

Yeah there's ways around it. I haven't done this but I often see sellers posting a photo of their phone number for instance. I'm not quite sure what keywords trigger them to censor/block messages but you just have to be careful with wording. I directed one eBay buyer over to Pinballinfo to continue the conversation. I think it's when you type phone numbers that eBay gets alerted. Although it seems to be luck of the draw.

Yeah there's ways around it. I haven't done this but I often see sellers posting a photo of their phone number for instance. I'm not quite sure what keywords trigger them to censor/block messages but you just have to be careful with wording. I directed one eBay buyer over to Pinballinfo to continue the conversation. I think it's when you type phone numbers that eBay gets alerted. Although it seems to be luck of the draw.

I've been pulled up for sending my email via a PM, but as you say pushing people over to pinballinfo seems okay. As for phone numbers in listings, it's done by putting it in via an image so it can't be picked up by the scanners. It looks well scammy though.

They get you if you give your address out too, after to selling a ps4 game to a buyer who collected I revised listing to a higher price and left it a month before I ended it and still got the warning and fee.

They get you if you give your address out too, after to selling a ps4 game to a buyer who collected I revised listing to a higher price and left it a month before I ended it and still got the warning and fee.

If you are revising a listing for something you sold, revise it into something different - if that sells you will obviously get charged a fee, but won't get charged a fee for the first one as well.

eBay have removed phone help line "due to virus" . cheeky sods. that means you cant challenge any decisions as if you use email they just send you in circles

Well done! If you can use eBay to advertise the pin and arrange to do the deal off eBay then that's ideal. Problem is its very tricky to exchange contact details when they start blocking messages.
Because the dreaded eBay will not allow people to exchange email addresses, a little trick I use is to put my email address on a JPEG photo and send that to the person I am buying or selling with. Seems to work every time and at least I can then negotiate, send and receive unlimited pics etc without eBay poking their noses in

I know eBay are sometimes very unfair to sellers but if you want country (or worldwide) coverage they are the best place. You have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Away from this site (which is where I sell most things) - eBay has the best coverage. Facebook marketplace and Gumtree are full of muppets, after putting my car on that I will not sell anything else on it. People promise to come, not show - offer you stupid money when they do turn up, and most of them you do not want on your property.

Lots of people (INCLUDING ME!) are saying goodbye to things we would rather keep. I am in the same boat as @steve brum and @Courtney Blush at the club - I need to survive.

I know eBay are sometimes very unfair to sellers but if you want country (or worldwide) coverage they are the best place. You have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Away from this site (which is where I sell most things) - eBay has the best coverage. Facebook marketplace and Gumtree are full of muppets, after putting my car on that I will not sell anything else on it. People promise to come, not show - offer you stupid money when they do turn up, and most of them you do not want on your property.

Lots of people (INCLUDING ME!) are saying goodbye to things we would rather keep. I am in the same boat as @steve brum and @Courtney Blush at the club - I need to survive.
Ebay are always unfair to sellers even though it is them that actually pay. In a dispute they will side with the buyer 95% of the time A buyer can make all manner of claims about a sale and ebay will believe every word but a seller has to prove everything everytime. A very unfair sysytem made worse by the fact you cannot leave negative feedbak for a buyer no matter how much they mess you around! I feel for Steve and Courtney at this very difficult time but cannot understand why there are so few Pins for sale at the moment.

Ebay are always unfair to sellers even though it is them that actually pay. In a dispute they will side with the buyer 95% of the time A buyer can make all manner of claims about a sale and ebay will believe every word but a seller has to prove everything everytime. A very unfair sysytem made worse by the fact you cannot leave negative feedbak for a buyer no matter how much they mess you around! I feel for Steve and Courtney at this very difficult time but cannot understand why there are so few Pins for sale at the moment.

There would be no eBay without buyers and there are far more unscrupulous sellers than buyers. I've bought and sold thousands of items and only had a couple of problem sales/buys. Less than 1%. The only thing I have an issue with is eBay's ridiculous commission. I guess if you were to regularly sell ropey "high end restoration Getaways" then you probably will have a higher percentage of problems.

When you sell a pinball you’d be daft not to ask for cash on collection or bank transfer.

Even on eBay.

If you don’t like the rules. Don’t use it. Simple.

Anyway. One to laugh at.

Yours 5k buy it now !

When you sell a pinball you’d be daft not to ask for cash on collection or bank transfer.

Even on eBay.

Anyway. One to laugh at.

Yours 5k buy it now !

What a ****ing dick.

Even on eBay.

Anyway. One to laugh at.

Yours 5k buy it now !

I see he's changed the listing to be marginally less mental. It's almost "like he read this thread".

nonsense. if people don't feel confident about buying there is no market. sell **** and knock offs - get what you deserve.

There would be no eBay without buyers and there are far more unscrupulous sellers than buyers. I've bought and sold thousands of items and only had a couple of problem sales/buys. Less than 1%. The only thing I have an issue with is eBay's ridiculous commission. I guess if you were to regularly sell ropey "high end restoration Getaways" then you probably will have a higher percentage of problems.
You are probably right. I guess we are biased because my other half sells a lot of 70's fashion on the site. Everything is always washed or dry cleaned and packed. A lot of stuff get returned that has been clearly worn with holes, buttons missing and other damage which she knows has been done by the buyer but cannot prove it. Buyers claim it was already damaged and things like that she knows is not the case , yet eBay automatically approve the return. She even gets stung for the return postage. To be fair I buy more than I sell on eBay and the pintables I have bought have been ok so I guess it is a bit swings and roundabouts.

Last edited:
I managed to get my FG off ebay from a guy in Ireland, Ebay did not get a sausage, my FG is spotless out of the box, the best in my "small" collection and a keeper. It is the only experience i have had from that site.

oh, missed that one, usually see any pins for sale over here 🤔

£1700 buy it now or best offer Leeds, now that’s a topper!
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Dungeons & Dragons Pinball Machine Bally

Look at this on eBay
I think D&D would have been a much better game with normal flipper return lanes and out lanes rather than the flex save outlanes.

At least this one looks to have the correct long back legs, I had one years ago which came with standard legs and a wooden box to sit the back ones on! :p

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
I think D&D would have been a much better game with normal flipper return lanes and out lanes rather than the flex save outlanes.

At least this one looks to have the correct long back legs, I had one years ago which came with standard legs and a wooden box to sit the back ones on! :p

If anyone wants to buy it I am in Leeds and could accept delivery and look after it fro you until the lockdown is over.

Wonder if this is the same D&D that was up for sale on Facebook a couple of days back. £350 the seller was looking for. It went in seconds as you can imagine.

The one on fb was my ultimate project paul had last year. It would take a genius to find boards topper apron legs AND get it working in that time scale lol

ex site TSSP £3900 so its definitely a sellers market out there!

the new "thing" is being gazumpted on games because you are obeying rules and using a courier. " oh sorry a guy just turned up with cash so you're too slow"

Anyone looking for some JD spares or a crazy project look here EBay £600 BIN

Very funny!
"Judge Dredd Pinball - needs work, ideal project if you’re a mechanically minded genius and insane, also ideal if you want to sell the parts on eBay as there’s probably about a million quids worth going by current eBay prices. Or mount the corpse of the playfield on your office wall as a feature, it’s in great condition and is actually better than the one I have to play, but swapping them over is unlikely to happen. Also good if you have some space, and want something big and heavy to fill it. Missing items include glass, legs, translite, mother board - but it still has all the best pretty bits and some fuses!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom