What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things Pinball - now with Video reveal

yes I was going to email you about that LOL!

I’m sure it’ll be fine. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There isn’t a company in the world that’s not trying to do things better and at a better cost.

The barcade industry that’s pretty big in the US now needs new games every few months to keep punters coming in. Stern gives them that and nobody else does, certainly nothing with any sort of certainty. Barcades know they have 8 or so big launch weekends plus the stern army stuff, without that all the barcades become video game based...

Stern have backtracked on some stupid decisions, rails on the games, code was getting better but appears to be heading in the wrong direction.

Key thing for the games isn’t about what the theme is or what’s in the play field. The key thing is that do people come back and put more money into it - is it fun to play or does it have that one more go feel. Sure themes might attract someone to a game, but if it’s a rubbish experience then they are off to the next one (see Munsters, ACNC and Houdini for examples that).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ehhh theme not important it’s the most important thing to the home market and operators that’s why the le sells out without anyone even seeing it
On an operator side who the fk would buy a bk3000 over a sw people will just walk past the bk and never even bother putting a quid in yet the cash box in a sw will be full

ehhh theme not important it’s the most important thing to the home market and operators that’s why the le sells out without anyone even seeing it
On an operator side who the fk would buy a bk3000 over a sw people will just walk past the bk and never even bother putting a quid in yet the cash box in a sw will be full

So I’ve seen a loads of BKSOR whilst in the Bay Area and not a single Star Wars! So theme is kicking it clearly!

Themes can’t save ****e games, no Munsters here either!

Meanwhile BKSOR is in the bank for the world championship but no Star Wars!

Played it earlier- shoots very nicely, geo is perfect and issue with the pop up thing that holds the ball seems to be happening to a lot of them. Vagina shot doable, sound repetitive, worried about the ramp - it’s good but it’s not what we might have hoped for when we heard that Eddy was back.

How are the dimples Neil? One of the podcasts said it's worse after 2 weeks of play than machines that have been out a year due to the constant airballs off the ramp/vag.

Played it earlier- shoots very nicely, geo is perfect and issue with the pop up thing that holds the ball seems to be happening to a lot of them. Vagina shot doable, sound repetitive, worried about the ramp - it’s good but it’s not what we might have hoped for when we heard that Eddy was back.

Did you enjoy it? and do you think its going to improve?

How are the dimples Neil? One of the podcasts said it's worse after 2 weeks of play than machines that have been out a year due to the constant airballs off the ramp/vag.

I didn’t really pay attention to that and I didn’t notice it but saw the pictures which don’t look any worse than other recent sterns in my view - My JP2LE doesn’t show them as much as other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you enjoy it? and do you think its going to improve?

Yes to both questions, code is very lacking for sure.

This was a pro so no projector which doesn’t look that great from the pictures although jack posted one in normal all light that looked a lot better.

The Premium art package is way better than the Pro for sure.
Anyone else notice the shadows casting over the projection screen......

Filming in CES is a big no no unless you are an official video person. Or a registered video journo.

The projector is a nice idea but flawed. They should have put more toys in and spent the money that way. In the light you can’t see it, looks like white stickers everywhere. Not well thought out and they know it, which is why they haven’t been pushing it.
A wasted theme. Again. Even just the call outs on rick and morty put this to shame.

The projector is a nice idea but flawed. They should have put more toys in and spent the money that way. In the light you can’t see it, looks like white stickers everywhere. Not well thought out and they know it, which is why they haven’t been pushing it.
A wasted theme. Again. Even just the call outs on rick and morty put this to shame.

Don’t know why Stern didn’t use the same tech they used on Star Trek, just have the laser field light show white for the upside down ash and have it moving at a much slower than Star Trek Prem/LE. Could just change up the GI from blue to red to purple with white ash rolling over the playfield.

I find it a bit sad how they are getting so slated already on here when no one has even seen or played it and probably 90% of the haters have never bought a nib pin or have any intention of buying one who would ever plays a pinball with the lights turned up on full nobody stern produce 3 to 4 pinball tables a year at a 3 tier level to suit all the pro being the cheapest pinball on the market even cheaper that spooky which let’s be fair you could make in your garage I have seen and worked on both all spooky pins and stern and stern wins hands down I think to quote one call out in Rick and Morty is better is than strangers things I think you are going to be very disappointed when Rick and Morty turns up in 18 months

I find it a bit sad how they are getting so slated already on here when no one has even seen or played it and probably 90% of the haters have never bought a nib pin or have any intention of buying one who would ever plays a pinball with the lights turned up on full nobody stern produce 3 to 4 pinball tables a year at a 3 tier level to suit all the pro being the cheapest pinball on the market even cheaper that spooky which let’s be fair you could make in your garage I have seen and worked on both all spooky pins and stern and stern wins hands down I think to quote one call out in Rick and Morty is better is than strangers things I think you are going to be very disappointed when Rick and Morty turns up in 18 months

I would love to buy a new in box pin, but I haven’t got that sort of money to spend.
If I did have it I would be making pretty sure it was an absolute killer game before I splashed out.
No I haven’t played, no I’ve never seen one. But, I haven’t played the new spooky either or Tna either, but both seem to be great well designed proper pinball games. The fan layout is tired now, yes it tried and tested, but seriously where is the imagination.
New pins are like new cars now, plentiful and lacking somewhat. You only have to see the market to see how many new or nearly new games are coming up for sale with hardly any plays on.
Just my opinion of course, and I’m not putting any company down. But the dimples for example occurring in a £9k pinball even a £6k pin after weeks of use is not fair on anyone.

Back
Top Bottom