What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things Pinball - now with Video reveal

I've been thinking how Stranger things would make a great pinball concept. Upside down? [emoji854][emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I dont believe its today. I'm watching a Stern webinar but I think its just a new OS.... I presume next pin will be at CES January, like every year!!!!

I dont believe its today. I'm watching a Stern webinar but I think its just a new OS.... I presume next pin will be at CES January, like every year!!!!

Yeah I heard there was a stern call and usually stuff falls out but new OS sounds interesting. I might be at CES to see the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if we will finally see a decent service menu from stern that actually uses the lcd screen instead of the 1995 apollo 13 one we currently have :)

I wonder if we will finally see a decent service menu from stern that actually uses the lcd screen instead of the 1995 apollo 13 one we currently have :)
Hey now, the A13 one at least showed you a bit more circuit / diagnostic information... It's been downgraded since then!

From pinside so take it with a pinch of salt.

Details! icon_dance.gif

GENERAL
* Layout by Bryan Eddy
* Code by Lonnie and Mike
* Artwork based on Netflix illustration style
* Fan layout
* Flow, progression and shot balance is designed to feel like MM or AFM

TOYS
* Demogorgan head bash toy up the center with drop targets in front. Supposed to be Hawkings lab with the portal to the upside down
* Projector under the apron that "transforms" playfield objects! So ramps, standups, drops and other elements on the playfield change based on the location in the mode you're playing (Upside Down, Will's house, wherever). There are even scoring elements projected onto things (like numbers on drop targets).
* Upside Down is random hurry-up mode. One of the kids flips into the upside down and you need to hit shot(s) to bring them back.

GAMEPLPAY
* Half a dozen multiball modes
* 3 staging areas to hold the ball
* 40+ modes, designed for longevity in the home

PREMIUM/LE
* "Telekinesis" ball lock up left ramp (multiple balls can "stick" to the backboard via magnet, like 11 pinning the demogorgan to the wall)
* Demogorgan toy moves

*Fan layout

..........Oh [emoji848]....... Checks what year it is.....Oh [emoji848]

I want this game to be incredible - this doesn't sound incredible.

Sent from the upside down using Tapatalk

Lonnie can’t be that bad..... two Pins of his I would take in a heartbeat:-
1- Kiss LE
2- Tron LE

Been waiting to see if any new releases catch my eye.....if not, I’m seriously considering Kiss LE as my next purchase over anything else at the moment.

Last edited:
Lonnie can’t be that bad..... two Pins of his I would take in a heartbeat:-
1- Kiss LE
2- Tron LE

Been waiting to see if any new releases catch my eye.....if not, I’m seriously considering Kiss LE as my next purchase over anything else at the moment.

You might want to check who did most of tron, as it starts with lyman...

Good luck finding one - there are hardly any in the UK and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Premium or LE for sale on the secondary market here. You may need to look abroad if you’re serious about getting one. I’d also like one someday so I’ve had an eye out - they do seem to come up on flippermarkt occasionally.

Good luck finding one - there are hardly any in the UK and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Premium or LE for sale on the secondary market here. You may need to look abroad if you’re serious about getting one. I’d also like one someday so I’ve had an eye out - they do seem to come up on flippermarkt occasionally.
Yeah, 9.5k Euro in DE - for the ss version.
Doesn’t look quite right, but I can see past it......

Hmm Lyman did most of the work on Tron and many other games Lonnie was involved in. Lonnie’s code tends to be pretty shallow, with the last few titles him having another go at then to add more depth (kiss Aerosmith and GoTG!)

I suppose everyone will forget about the playfield issues and customers chasing them constantly and getting radio silence, all because “ooooh shiny”

Shame there’s no serious competition cranking pins out with the same frequency as Stern.

Hmm Lyman did most of the work on Tron and many other games Lonnie was involved in. Lonnie’s code tends to be pretty shallow, with the last few titles him having another go at then to add more depth (kiss Aerosmith and GoTG!)

Was it just Lonnie that revisited those titles or was it Lonnie with a team assisting?

At current pricing I agree but it maybe would drive prices down - Stern are making an insane markup (almost 100% and a lot more on premium LE) on their games proper competition would drive the price down and maybe you could sustain two suppliers - just imagine if stern’s margin was only 50% - so pins would be 4800ish - I bet that brings in a lot more NIB buyers...

Was it just Lonnie that revisited those titles or was it Lonnie with a team assisting?

Suspect he had feedback on what he could do from some of the folks inside stern...

*Fan layout

..........Oh [emoji848]....... Checks what year it is.....Oh [emoji848]

But it’s set in the 80’s! It’ll be a decade ahead of its time.

Don’t listen to me though, I’d like a Jumanji pin - just for those drum beats. Maybe if someone did a mashup of RBION with Congo I’d get my wish.

At current pricing I agree but it maybe would drive prices down - Stern are making an insane markup (almost 100% and a lot more on premium LE) on their games proper competition would drive the price down and maybe you could sustain two suppliers - just imagine if stern’s margin was only 50% - so pins would be 4800ish - I bet that brings in a lot more NIB buyers...

100%? I’d wager more like 200% and maybe 2 to 3 times more on LEs, especially at the prices we pay in GBP. When I was dealing with Stern direct to replace the incorrect playfields that showed up in @Sutol and my NIB BM66LEs I was offered the original incorrect (fully populated) playfield at a cost.

And I doubt it was being offered at a lose to Stern, worst case scenario for them at cost.

They were all believing hype on Pinside, thinking Stranger Things was en route to distributors etc.... worldwide 🤓

Back
Top Bottom