What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things Pinball - now with Video reveal

Considering my kids make me build a 'pirate ship' on the couch every morning before school they would probably love those

Last edited:
Chris, just buying my 10th NIB. I had every chance to buy a STGS but, let's be honest, there's fook all on it. If you remove the standard stuff (flippers, bumpers, slings, trough & shooter), what's left? Especially on the pro?
This leaves Stern to make a game from the code as the layout is nothing special. Lonnie on code. Don't hold your breath. Poor reveal & gameplay.

There's nothing going for it and they had the golden opportunity here. Return of Eddy, killer licence, 80's wet dream. This should have been killer and it just isn't.

I'm a NIB buyer..... but Stranger Things isn't my theme.
If it was, I would be buying the Premium as i couldn't be without the projector even with the risks associated with the new tech etc.....
The Premium art package is the best IMO out the 3, I cannot stand the Pro art....its just too darn awful......
I guess if i was dropping cash on this i'd wait and see the physical issues iron out and buy a few months in when new parts are upgraded on the production line. The code will sort itself out in time i guess.
My cash is in reserve for JJP GnR........ for now :)

Netflix HQ - 547.5 days ago......

Stern: Can we get a License for Stranger Things?
Netflix: Maybe....
Stern: What do we need to do to make this happen?
Netflix: Give us sh*t loads of cash and make it completely unique, with a Netflix spin
Stern: Emmm..... let us get back to you

1 week later.......

Stern: Got it - how about Netflix branding + we design it with a pinball first projector..... just like going to the Flix??? - Netflix - get It? That will work!
Netflix: Ehhh.. cool.... do you have to play it in a movie theater with the lights out?
Stern: Well...... you play it anywhere you like really, lights on/off, it just works, in fact no one will actually look at the screen when playing, its a cool gimmick really........ who cares, everyone will buy it, we will make sh*t loads of cash.
Netflix: Dude this sounds awesome!
:)

Last edited:
That leaked video of the Premium shoes the projector barely leaving a mark. Nightmare...

Will be at EAG next week to check it out nevertheless

Don't Stream Stranger Things he says... and some mumbling about the code. Nice.

Netflix HQ - 547.5 days ago......

Stern: Can we get a License for Stranger Things?
Netflix: Maybe....
Stern: What do we need to do to make this happen?
Netflix: Give us sh*t loads of cash and make it completely unique, with a Netflix spin
Stern: Emmm..... let us get back to you

1 week later.......

Stern: Got it - how about Netflix branding + we design it with a pinball first projector..... just like going to the Flix??? - Netflix - get It? That will work!
Netflix: Ehhh.. cool.... do you have to play it in a movie theater with the lights out?
Stern: Well...... you play it anywhere you like really, lights on/off, it just works, in fact no one will actually look at the screen when playing, its a cool gimmick really........ who cares, everyone will buy it, we will make sh*t loads of cash.
Netflix: Dude this sounds awesome!
:)

I think
Stern calls Netflix
Hello I’m from stern
“Who?!” Dial tone

Stern calls licensing arrangement company.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find it a bit sad how they are getting so slated already on here when no one has even seen or played it and probably 90% of the haters have never bought a nib pin or have any intention of buying one who would ever plays a pinball with the lights turned up on full nobody stern produce 3 to 4 pinball tables a year at a 3 tier level to suit all the pro being the cheapest pinball on the market even cheaper that spooky which let’s be fair you could make in your garage I have seen and worked on both all spooky pins and stern and stern wins hands down I think to quote one call out in Rick and Morty is better is than strangers things I think you are going to be very disappointed when Rick and Morty turns up in 18 months

Top rant Chris! I've tried to read it out loud without pausing for breath and I'd say you've got your point across. :)

I'm a big Stern fan and I, too, get fed up with the amount of over-bashing they get on every new reveal. They make some great pins plus any innovation should be welcomed. The haters get wearisome.

But most of the comments in this thread look pretty fair to me and it is, after all, a forum open for opinions and discussion. Not everybody is going to be taken by what they see here and why shouldn't they say that? I am a NIB buyer, twice anyway, and this release doesn't appeal much to me. I'd say the mechs on the Pro are actually pretty good but the theme isn't for me and the art doesn't do it for me either.

For the extra expense of the Premium and LE I don't think the projector adds enough - it doesn't look good in the photos. I'm guessing in a dark room it will work fine, but does it really add much to the game?

OK agreed, you'd have to play it to know that for certain, but we haven't had the chance yet, and right now we're excited to see a new reveal and saying what we think of it.

I’m a NIB buyer - more often than I should be - and a big fan of Stranger Things. I also have nothing against Stern in principal, my last NIB being JPLE.

I was excited for this release not only due to the theme but because it marked the return of Brian Eddy. Unfortunately the combination of a poor reveal, Lonnie on code and lack of faith in Stern putting a halfway decent projector in the Prem/LE and no evidence to the contrary so far has made me lose interest.

Who knows - maybe the projector will look good in a dark room and Lonnie will do something good with the code with Eddy’s support. I honestly hope so as I’d much rather it turn out to be a great game... but from what I’ve seen so far I’m not too hopeful.

It’s a shame as Stern does put out some great machines, but the defining factor seems to be the combination of a designer who knows how to do something interesting with an increasingly low BOM and a good coder to make the rules interesting.

i can’t agree with his view on dimpling. he’s not telling the truth imho. the dumpling isn’t the wood it’s the clearcoat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can’t agree with his view on dimpling. he’s not telling the truth imho. the dumpling isn’t the wood it’s the clearcoat

No; it’s the wood - go read the long thread on pinside. Go read the the stuff that CPR say in pinside about the wood that they buy and the cheap wood that stern buys (from the same place!)

Think about the clear coat on your car.

No; it’s the wood - go read the long thread on pinside. Go read the the stuff that CPR say in pinside about the wood that they buy and the cheap wood that stern buys (from the same place!)

Think about the clear coat on your car.

must be cardboard then not wood [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom