What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky - Rick and Morty Pinball

:excitedYES YES and YES Mother ****er this game is Bitchin! :excited

new code and adjustment of EOS = Zero Flipper Knockdowns! ooooooooooie.

Caveat, for me anyways :p

I played for around 1hr and didnt seem to notice any fade but I may not be the best to judge that as ive never experianced fade on any of my pins. However I could still make left ramp which is usually a stretch for 2 reasons as its not an easy shot being tight plus its kinda steep and long. I did notice when I hit a super clean horseshoe shot it ever so slightly went for a knockback but came back instantly only moving maybe a couple of mm and didnt affect the ball control.
The horseshoe catapults the ball back at you much faster than the kickout so a little added ooomph for testing I guess.

So thats 1 down for me now just gotta sort the following:

Trough kickout fails which fails to load ball in shooter lane about 1 in 4

Shooter lane Wireform rejects at the end sending the ball back to auto plunge. If that happens twice in a row it sometimes decides to launch the ball in turbo mode which in turn hits the hoop at the end of the wireform and it flies over the top whacks off the glass and leaves a wet patch in my undercrackers!

Dial into some of the shots and get more combos going which are uber rewarding and get the adrenaline flowing. Who knows I may even improve on my left garage shot and hit more than my average of about 1 in 10ish

Loving the game regardless of the above problems Spooky has hit a home run for me in theme value.
Trough eject problems can usually be fixed adjusted that coils strength, it's more than likely too powerful so bouncing back in (or the opposite if its not getting out at all... Obviously!)

Almost all owners have been through the mill with the shooter lane wire form, let's be honest, it's a **** design! ( hang your head in shame, Scott Danesi! :p). Its mostly down to power and adjusting that loop on the end up and down. Some owners blamed the way the wire form pushes into the playfield at the bottom, not being pushed down all the way. My problem, which took me weeks to notice, was the wooden rail on the left of the shooter lane (between the shooter lane and the right outlane) was too far right, the ball was only a fag paper away from it as it passed by. This would lead to varying ball speed as the ball was just touching it sometimes. I had to move that woodrail slightly left, not an easy task as some of the screws were under some of the small p-roc switch or led boards. It's been 99% reliable since 🤞

New code installed just now - flipper knockdowns seem to have almost disappeared. especially the right flipper from the top scoop. I got one on the left flipper from the pop bumper, but only once.

They have introduced a bug - if you hold either or both flippers up as the ball drains to end of ball - the flipper stays up! minor problem, but still a bug.

New code installed just now - flipper knockdowns seem to have almost disappeared. especially the right flipper from the top scoop. I got one on the left flipper from the pop bumper, but only once.

They have introduced a bug - if you hold either or both flippers up as the ball drains to end of ball - the flipper stays up! minor problem, but still a bug.
Is that reproducible Al?

Edit...Never mind, I just tried it :) . I'll report it now.

I guess so, now that is an interesting point, hmmmm. Maybe, the real issue here is flipper fade and that is what is trying to be addressed. Someone with an acnc should play it for 2-3 hours straight and see whether the flippers burn up and fade?

Possibly, and this is just thinking out loud, when a title isnt as popular, you dont get the same feedback on gotcha issues lurking...
I'd guess the reason that a similar problem wasn't reported on ACNC is because no one has ever played it for 3 hrs without it breaking down. There were so many other faults for you to focus on that flippers probably were the least of your worries. ;)

I'd guess the reason that a similar problem wasn't reported on ACNC is because no one has ever played it for 3 hrs without it breaking down. There were so many other faults for you to focus on that flippers probably were the least of your worries. ;)
In the interests of fairness - I’d like to point out this is utterly untrue in my case. 😘

Flippers suffering knock downs and fade after a hour or so.

played for 20 mins. a few random knockdowns. on both flippers. so they haven’t fully sorted the issue. but a lot less frequent than before

then i found this coming down the playfield. think it originated from the top right. no idea wtf it is????
EDFD10ED-9CE0-4F48-8622-0FE87E7DE315.jpeg

played for 20 mins. a few random knockdowns. on both flippers. so they haven’t fully sorted the issue. but a lot less frequent than before

then i found this coming down the playfield. think it originated from the top right. no idea wtf it is????
View attachment 134778
That's off the house Al, the handrail, its pretty crap.

my guess is the sw. it’s not always catching what’s going on. ( so said marvin gaye)
Proc based games use ‘hardware rules’ for slingshots, pop bumpers and flippers. This is where the software sets the links between switch activations and coil pulsing and lets the hardware (proc) actually handle the operation directly. This is because doing it in software (python) is too slow

I guess so, now that is an interesting point, hmmmm. Maybe, the real issue here is flipper fade and that is what is trying to be addressed. Someone with an acnc should play it for 2-3 hours straight and see whether the flippers burn up and fade?

Possibly, and this is just thinking out loud, when a title isnt as popular, you dont get the same feedback on gotcha issues lurking...

some extra info, looking back at some pics TNA was using duel wound coils with the wms part number of FL-11629 so that explains why TNA was fine. I don’t see an underside acnc pic but maybe someone who has one could take a pic to confirm. Also would be interesting to see what is in hot wheels to

looking more and more like 48vdc and pwm coils don’t play well

6FA64773-22EE-48E3-A251-94DC055FE97E.png

But isn’t that what stern use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But isn’t that what stern use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, that’s the whole point. Stern has been using pwm flippers (single coil) for years since the de days. But voltages only changed from 70 to 48 relatively recently .

so the proc based setup for pwm was developed for 70v linear and now everyone uses 48v switched mode. Stern have managed to figure it out. Others haven’t as far as I can tell

Last edited:
My R+M is working perfectly but I have these three connectors not hooked up... should I, or was it
just for something that got left out of the final build?
Anything, other than disconnecting, that can be done about the noisy topper motor?
Thanks!
ps. I was wrong about the ‘quiet’ fan.. it makes a huge difference..

74BD68B9-0AA2-440F-9794-605B6D10E8B8.jpeg

My R+M is working perfectly but I have these three connectors not hooked up... should I, or was it
just for something that got left out of the final build?
Anything, other than disconnecting, that can be done about the noisy topper motor?
Thanks!
ps. I was wrong about the ‘quiet’ fan.. it makes a huge difference..

View attachment 135013
Yep looks like spare unused power connectors from a std atx computer power supply

so you have zero flipper fade and or knockdowns on your game?

I wouldn’t say none, but the last update certainly improved things.
I tend to play on the fly rather than a lot of trapping etc if that
makes a difference. I’ll play the other way today and report back.

Played like 6 games today. the flipper knockdowns there at start but get worse as i played for longer.

after the last sw update it is much improved. but.....still not acceptable

Played it over an hour today and made vid of the last game I had.
No noticeable fade or knockdown but Brutal as hell as it kinda plays so much different to my Stern and JJP games I can’t put my finger on it but hopefully I’ll get there and dial in a little better.

Best viewed on mobile/iPad in vertical mode.

How are you all doing score wise, my best around 54m at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom