What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky - Rick and Morty Pinball

Anyone got any suggestions on improving the picture quality, looks washed out?

Yes Ian, did mine today..... adjust the brightness down to 20, contrast 90 and last but not least
turn the gamma on!

Night and day!

Cheers,
Steve

Anyone got any suggestions on improving the picture quality, looks washed out?
Play with your chin on the lockdown bar, it looks great then :D ( display has a terrible vertical viewing angle). Adjusting your display settings can improve it a lot though, I'll post mine shortly.

Must be the cheapest ****iest monitor if it fades out at a normal viewing angle . Maybe try the brightness and contrast settings first though in case just not adjusted

I think it can be supply issues to as I’ve had some that were specked the same but had widely varying contrast and angle operating limits

Last edited:
How come that these are close to a stern premium on price with tons of issues yet no one kicks off they just accept it
If it was stern or jjp people would be going mental

I’ve got lots of issues and problems Chris and it’s far from perfect in so many ways I don’t know where to begin.

However I kinda accepted the fact I would be forever tinkering as I’ve been following the pinside thread and knew the pitfalls I was getting into.
I actually took over someone’s spot and never bought it blind like I did with GnR CE which turned out roses! pun intended.

The only reason I jumped on board was theme as it’s killer for me, that and the fact I love the sound and light show of TNA which it captures somewhat but adds adult humour beyond your wildest dreams.

Without the theme it would not be here as it’s more brutal than GB and probably the chunkiest pin I’ve ever played.
I can actually see them being sold on fairly quick as they have been on pinside especially if you don’t get the humour or never watched the series.

Only time will tell if it becomes a sought after pin but I very much doubt it either way mines going no where in a hurry.

There really aren’t that many issues and nothing that cannot be sorted fairly easily.
While the screen isn’t the best quality making the adjustments I suggested ( but were
Ignored) it is acceptable.
People on pinside are selling their positions, not machines, mostly to make a few bucks.

I’ve got lots of issues and problems Chris and it’s far from perfect in so many ways I don’t know where to begin.

However I kinda accepted the fact I would be forever tinkering as I’ve been following the pinside thread and knew the pitfalls I was getting into.
I actually took over someone’s spot and never bought it blind like I did with GnR CE which turned out roses! pun intended.

The only reason I jumped on board was theme as it’s killer for me, that and the fact I love the sound and light show of TNA which it captures somewhat but adds adult humour beyond your wildest dreams.

Without the theme it would not be here as it’s more brutal than GB and probably the chunkiest pin I’ve ever played.
I can actually see them being sold on fairly quick as they have been on pinside especially if you don’t get the humour or never watched the series.

Only time will tell if it becomes a sought after pin but I very much doubt it either way mines going no where in a hurry.

chunkiest?

I don’t understand why anyone would buy one of these if you don’t like the series, as it’s all about the theme with all the video, sound call outs and Playfield shots. Personally I love the theme, layout, call outs etc etc and I know the code will be spot on to.

My screen was washed out on arrival, just turned brightness to zero - yes zero and a bit more contrast and it looks a lot better, still not perfect, but its a pinball machine not a 4k 65" tv - im playing it not watching it.

Theme is brilliant, the game is good fun, for a player of my (low) skill it's gonna keep me entertained for months.

chunkiest?

I don’t understand why anyone would buy one of these if you don’t like the series, as it’s all about the theme with all the video, sound call outs and Playfield shots. Personally I love the theme, layout, call outs etc etc and I know the code will be spot on to.
I wholeheartedly agree on theme that’s why I own it. As I’ve said video and call outs not an issue in fact probably the best and most extensive use of assets ever to be used on a pin probably alongside GnR!
I love the game and it’s going nowhere but to say it’s not clunky and great playfield layout I will agree to disagree on.
The proof is in the pudding when you watch anyone’s stream in fact try dead flip he has the skills but the layout brutalises even him so no one can tell me this is a smooth layout.
Yes I love the horseshoe lock, yes the pop bumper is a simple yet amazing addition along with the tried and tested magma save (antimatter).
Maybe it’s just me and jack danger that struggle to get the garage shot and combos flowing but the few times I do admittedly give you a pin god feel that has you buzzing.
I look forward to more code updates and getting the annoying flipper drops sorted. I guess I’m lucky to even own one so don’t think I’m rubbishing the pin it has a hell of a lot going for it but with caveats you have to accept. Well me anyways.

Why s
There really aren’t that many issues and nothing that cannot be sorted fairly easily.
While the screen isn’t the best quality making the adjustments I suggested ( but were
Ignored) it is acceptable.
People on pinside are selling their positions, not machines, mostly to make a few bucks.
Why do you have to tinker and mess around? Is it acceptable and should we not complain after paying close on 8k?
To put in context If you bought a brand new car would you be happy to fix that too and maybe change the headlights because they were sub standard? No amount of adjustments will fix that display it’s cheap rubbish.
Like Chris said I don’t have to with my Stern or JJP and when problems do arise like on AIQ they are sorted fairly quickly and parts sent out.
I am not being negative here just an honest owner of the pin and my experience so far.
Would I buy another spooky? Hell yes and I’m more than happy to mess on it’s my hobby and I enjoy it.
But the community need to know the pitfalls so they can decide for themselves if this is a game for them.
It’s no good sugar coating things or pretend it’s a perfect pin as it’s not.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAX
I wholeheartedly agree on theme that’s why I own it. As I’ve said video and call outs not an issue in fact probably the best and most extensive use of assets ever to be used on a pin probably alongside GnR!
I love the game and it’s going nowhere but to say it’s not clunky and great playfield layout I will agree to disagree on.
The proof is in the pudding when you watch anyone’s stream in fact try dead flip he has the skills but the layout brutalises even him so no one can tell me this is a smooth layout.
Yes I love the horseshoe lock, yes the pop bumper is a simple yet amazing addition along with the tried and tested magma save (antimatter).
Maybe it’s just me and jack danger that struggle to get the garage shot and combos flowing but the few times I do admittedly give you a pin god feel that has you buzzing.
I look forward to more code updates and getting the annoying flipper drops sorted. I guess I’m lucky to even own one so don’t think I’m rubbishing the pin it has a hell of a lot going for it but with caveats you have to accept. Well me anyways.

I think you missed my little joke about the typo. I was hi lighting it as a joke because i thought it sounded like a goonies tie in and was a funny phrase!! And i was agreeing with you on theme and buying reasons, but my reply wasn't very well written (As it was late last night) so sounded like i was disagreeing with you, oops :)

ALL pinballs need fettling, regardless of the manufacture, new or old.
Spooky are doing their best to sort out all the niggles, even down to the felt
leg protectors I saw you fitting this week and will be sending the revised flipper
posts out as soon as manufactured.
Spooky are the only manufacturer with an active presence on Pinside, listening to
customers and doing their best to sort problems out and supply modified parts
where needed.
Every car I have ever bought, even the expensive ones, have had problems
and things that needed sorting even when new and costing 10x the R+M.
You must not have got to grips with the clumsy screen controls as once
altered the screen is acceptable.
As to your statement that R+M is being sold on quickly in the States is
simply not true, except for those wanting to make a bit of money.
I have no affiliation with Spooky, but for a relatively new, small company
I think they are doing a great job.
To me, R+M is an awesome pin, challenging sure, but awesome!

Screen sorted, now need to sort the flipper knock downs, eos switches adjusted, but still get them, any other adjustments?

set mine to medium. eos are in right place. still happens. when the pop number fires the left flipper often dies. when the top scoop kicks out the right flipper often dies. almost like the machine cannot provide enough current

it’s a real nuisance as the ball drains it causes are spoiling the game.

ps set to high. no better. the problem is that the flipper flips on full power then goes onto hold power when the eos switch makes. but when the eos switch unmakes the flipper coil doesn’t return to full power. software bug i’d say.

Post in the pinside thread, there's been a lot of flipper talk lately, including Charlie, Gerry Stellenberg and Eric the coder. They're definitely still working on it although my flippers are fine. I've had 2 beta releases the last 2 days with new flipper adjustments.

really ****ing me off
What power supply is in it? Is it the std 48v 9a mean well? And have they got a power filter board for the 48dc like on stern games? If so what value caps are they using? You need a few large filter caps on the 48v line with these modern switching power supplies for this exact instant current delivery reason

Strange issue generally though isn’t it, don’t think I’ve ever seen something like this on any game with pwm flippers apart from maybe 13 ball multiball on apollo13

Back
Top Bottom