What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

I reckon Ultraman will kill in Japan. Pinball seems to be getting much bigger there and that could be a big hit
With just 500 units, I think that is unlikely.

Do they even have a Japanese distributor?

I know Spooky family were in Japan on holidays a couple of years ago, might be were the idea came from.

yeah but if you read the detail it makes look like you order through spooky and they sort it out with your distributor.
There is a video on spooky YouTube that said going direct to a distributor was fine. Will try and look the video out when I get a minute.

Be a member and order from Phil, that’s all you need to do. No need to order on Spooky’s website.

I was literally typing about lead time when this post appeared. Did I read a year and a half?!
This is the worrying thing, apart from the issues with GnR - I haven’t received it yet and , a fantastic pin and it’s went off the boil....not even a year yet.

This is the worrying thing, apart from the issues with GnR - I haven’t received it yet and , a fantastic pin and it’s went off the boil....not even a year yet.

I don't think I could buy something with such a long wait. I'm too impatient. I struggle if Martin tells me it's going to be a few weeks

I notice balls can still roll through the inlanes even though that's where the servo ball lifters are. I guess they have a flat top on them and that's why they're used instead of VUKs which would obviously block the inlane. I can't see any other reason to use them instead of a VUK.

This pin looks great. But are they really not going to show any significant gameplay footage before opening up orders?!

This pin looks great. But are they really not going to show any significant gameplay footage before opening up orders?!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem likely. One of the employees said he would try to get a quick video of a couple of the modes or similar, but I wouldn't hold your breath - odds are they'll sell out without any footage either way.

They still haven't even released pics of the Standard of Blood Sucker edition machines.

Really like the look of it, the upper playfield looks interesting, my concern would be the music although i think Carpenters score is amazing i think it may get a little repetitive. Bit of a moot point for me anyway as i don't have space for one but i hope its a success for Spooky

Unfortunately it doesn't seem likely. One of the employees said he would try to get a quick video of a couple of the modes or similar, but I wouldn't hold your breath - odds are they'll sell out without any footage either way.

They still haven't even released pics of the Standard of Blood Sucker edition machines.
Was the one shown the Collector’s Edition?

It looked amazing!

Just saw the UK price for the standard. Seems a good deal. My birthday is Halloween. I love John Carpenter..... Haha tempted. I keep telling myself I don't like upper play fields

Hear me out: Ultraman looks like a good theme but I can't help but wish it was Beetlejuice. 500 units I feel is enough for a theme like Beetlejuice to be a success and the upper playfields as the levels of the house would've been awesome. There's so much in that theme and I'm sad Stern didn't agree but I think Spooky would do very well with the title.

I reckon this will just be the starting point for multiple themes on one pin. A good way for a smaller company to make more pins without the expensive.
I'm surprised after Supreme and Heavy Metal that Stern hasn't released more.

I rec
With just 500 units, I think that is unlikely.

Do they even have a Japanese distributor?
I reckon if they sold 50 units then that would be considered a pretty big win for the Japanese Market.
I think the only thing stopping Pinball is the maintenance side of it. But a country that can keep 1000's of crts still running must know a thing or two about maintenance 😂

I reckon you could sell way more than 500 Beetlejuice tbh
I'd agree - particularly so now it's clear theres an appetite for more "adult" pins (R&M, Halloween itself) but I think 500 would be enough to ensure they all sell and enough to make the licensing fees worthwhile.

So if you got a standard are you locked out of adding things to it later like a shaker? Can you still buy target decals and side art etc later to add-on?

So if you got a standard are you locked out of adding things to it later like a shaker? Can you still buy target decals and side art etc later to add-on?
No extras are available to buy so they say but can’t see why you cant buy shaker or decals later, must be spares available to buy.

Back
Top Bottom