What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

Interestingly Ultraman is a theme I loved as a child having the game by Bandai on the SNES, we used to laugh at GUDUS and GUDUS II as the villains, the game was awful, but at the time I loved (we loved) it. I didn't really know anything about the the wider Ultraman franchise and in all honesty, have never sought to find. Even with an iteration of it being on Netflix now.

Same for Halloween game looks absolutely incredible. Do I love the theme. So so. What it is though is unique, super limited, and as a pinball person, theme is not the be all and end all. I know ACNC gets a lot of stick, but I loved it, thought the code was innovative and loved what it could have been. I have never owned one, so maybe it missed the mark quite significantly. Other thing to remember, will anyone lose on a R&M BS edition right now? Not saying I don't think they would, genuinely, I am not sure.

Last edited:
Wow. This hobby gets better and better. This looks fricking great to me. Love the theme, art and original layout. Fantastic!

Like Stumbler said, those led strips look wrong but apart from that everything else seems great. Well maybe not the hedges😂
Think I would love one though.

The first movie is quality. Carpenter is a legend, I can skip the rest tbh. Never saw the recent one but apparently pretty good. I love that they've gone with this theme. Only Spooky would

What's with the strip of plastic above the drop targets? on the video it flaps about more than the fish tales topper when the drop targets reset.

Why's that Alan?
Really crap support communication dealing with the flipper issues on my rick and morty. Radio silence when i escalated the issue. as a smaller player they need to really look after their customers. they didn’t look after me, so i’ll never buy a NIB from them again.

What's with the strip of plastic above the drop targets? on the video it flaps about more than the fish tales topper when the drop targets reset.
Probably stops the ball flying up when the target resets, but yes looks very flimsy.

I'm very tempted, looks great and v unusual layout and theme. Can't image Stern ever putting anything like this out. I'm really hoping we get to see some gameplay before we have to order.

Also, the knife above the shooter lane and the knife handle plunger are CE only, along with the topper / pumpkin side rails etc.

Spooky are on a roll at the moment. Not a theme that resonates with me but nice to see something that’s not the usual superhero/rock theme.

Not a theme for me, but it does look fully loaded, the mini playfields have a HH vibe about them.
R+M on the other hand I'm really hoping someone might be bringing to pinfest, really looking forward to a few games on that 🤞

View attachment 141724

Those mini playfields are just awesome. Different rooms, staircase ramp... amazing. Very Haunted House.

The LED strip lighting is a bit of a miss though. Wonder why they didn't use more dense 144/m LED strips. It doesn't even have an opaque covering - you can see the circuit joins. And they used white instead of black. Triple miss.
I couldn’t agree more, the LED Strip lighting looks very cheap. Looks a bit like the cheaper Tron Light Ramp mod.

The art again on that is insanely good.

Not a fan of double theme layouts though. It's kind of like the pinball equivalent of breaking the fourth wall - no one is supposed to know that themes are completely unrelated to the design 😉

I played Ultra Man on the SNES as a kid. Never really understood wtf it was all about. What's the price on Halloween do we know yet?

Last edited:
Really crap support communication dealing with the flipper issues on my rick and morty. Radio silence when i escalated the issue. as a smaller player they need to really look after their customers. they didn’t look after me, so i’ll never buy a NIB from them again.

Really surprised by this. Had great support from Luke there. Patient, too, as the fixes (ACNC) were pretty basic loose connection stuff when I finally worked it out (after he’d sent me new optos and leads, which it turned out I really didn’t need 🤣)

Hoping for an ultraman but I’ll take either.

I’m looking forward to the pinball bazaar topper for it will have a skeleton with a knife! And a playmobil pumpkin!

f9276f1dcf68e251489cc7a7d48a2899.jpg
(sorry James couldn't resist LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing that is worrying me is the coder, not know for epic rulesets. Is Bowen still involved? - he isn't mentioned on the credits?

Makes me want to play it - not sure I want to own one tho. Plus, I can't actually remember whether I saw Halloween or not.

Back
Top Bottom