What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorbit - Bulk order

Just another brief update. We are waiting on two remaining shipments from our contract manufacturer. They have assured us they will deliver before months end, but we connect with them each day for updates to keep everyone moving. Nothing more to report! We're hard at work with lots of features and improvements to the app. Stay tuned!

Ok, today was supposed to be shipment day, so my apologies! We heard from our CM yesterday. They told us were a bit delayed because of our purple solder mask. We told them to please not delay and use whatever mask they want. (You would think that would be obvious, but I guess not.)

I should have more info within the next 24 hours. It's coming together though!

The first update we got today was a disappointing one, they are still delayed. I apologize for the slow down here. Team Scorbit is ready to go as soon as we receive these units. Based on what I'm hearing this morning, we're at least a week out. Stay tuned.

Ok Friday status update, again apologies for the delay. DHL is delivering the sample set ahead of the main boards to us, this is normal, as they want to have us burn in the samples and make sure there aren't any pick-and-place mistakes prior to shipping the rest. This is taking a lot longer than normal, but it's a really good sign and we all want working devices! Tracking on the samples has them arriving next week, and we won't waste any time and get to testing quickly.

I present to you, Scorbitron rev 3.3!

1619799039238.png

Mid-week update. Of course, customs are having fun getting our samples to the lab, but it's nothing serious. First should arrive at the lab today. If all goes according to plan, the rest will ship immediately after we confirm all tests are good. Again, apologies for the delay, we're almost there!

More good news: Sample is here, we've put it through all burn in, testing on all platforms. Everything is working great, so the remainder of the boards are being finalized and tested by the CM and released for shipment as soon as possible. The new USB C configuration are much less prone to damage, though the Scorbitron does require a bit more clearance beneath it for the cable ports. I think this is a net positive, as the Scorbitron can be changed in orientation to wherever the cable needs to enter the device. Here's the Scorbitron v3.3 on the bench:

IMG_2148.JPG

Hey everyone. I'm getting questions so a quick update. The manufacturing is, in fact, complete.

This has been a COVID lesson for us. Everything is slow. Customs in Los Angeles is backed up for days, chip and PCB suppliers have been dead stopped. We got lucky because we sourced parts long before the shortages began, but others companies were hit far worse.

Regardless, our CM assures us they are on their way to us at this point. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

I hope to have everything in my hands this weekend, or at worst, next week, and I plan to turn everything around within 24 hours of receipt.

My apologies for the horrible delays with this.

-Jay

Today I bring excellent news! As of this evening, all the components for which we have waited so long have arrived. Assembly and testing has begun. Despite a long list of challenges with supply chain, chip shortages, PCB shortages, customs delays, and even a heist of a several hundred custom daughter cards from a loading dock in San Francisco (of which half were recovered), we are now ready to put these together and get them to all of you.

Each Scorbitron is provisioned, tested, and burned in with the latest firmware. Every unit will be boxed individually with the necessary components for the machine it is paired.

Stay tuned in the next few days for shipment information. Our assumption (for the UK customers only) that these are heading to @Neil McRae in a large, single shipment. Other orders will be shipped directly. Please let me know soon if that is not the case.

On behalf of everyone at Scorbit, please accept our apologies for the wait and gratitude for your support.

scorbitrons.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan, I remembered I owe you for the displays so don't worry about this I've got it.

Those of you with WPC DMDs (and Spike 1 DMDs) will notice we included a small connector in your pacakges:

IMG_2321.JPG

This is a DMD extension cable. The DMD probe is designed to fit into just about any configuration, though sometimes that fit is very tight. We've heard from some people who have mods of various kinds that sometimes the mods interfere with the placement of the connector, or for whatever reason they have difficulty getting the DMD probe into the place that would be appropriate.

While the instructions on the app do guide you to installation without this connector, if you so choose, you can use this to move the probe away form the game's electronics and dangle it in a place where it can fit. A classic example of this is on a WPC-95 with a PinSound, if you have difficulty fitting the DMD probe in place, you can use this to move it farther away. Another example is if you have a Spike1 (like Ghostbusters) and are uncomfortable routing power over the probe.

Note that the 14 pin inputs and outputs, both on the probe as well as this cable, are easy to offset by a pin. Be sure the connector is centered properly if you get no signal. It's best to start with how the instructions tell you to orient the probe and work from there to ensure you have it flipped in the right orientation. If you do get a blank screen, check for the offset pins and try flipping it over if you're not sure, as no harm will come to the game.

Looks like these might be delivered to my house today.

Can everyone PM me their shipping address and I’m going to try and DHL them out on Saturday.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom