What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorbit - Bulk order

I’m a little out of the loop about scorebit.

Am I right in thinking that it’s a way to compare your scores to other players

presumably it’s just for fun and not for comps given the difference between set ups?

is it the same board set, so do you take it out of the game when you sell it on and transfer to another game?

toying with getting one or two but to do the whole lot could prove to be quite expensive.

Just FYI it's "Scorbit," but a common issue. :)
Am I right in thinking that it’s a way to compare your scores to other players

There's a lot in that question. Individual machines have leaderboards, but leaderboards can also be shared between machines, global for fun on titles, or specific people, time boxed, calendar, etc.

You can view someone else's profile, and see the scores they save, or your own profile.

If a game has a Scorbitron in it, you can watch live games, stream the scores in real-time, view scoreboards, automate score submission to the leaderboards, etc.

You can challenge other players (though new, improved forms of these mini-tournaments are coming).

It integrates with tournament software like MatchPlay.

You can find machines or venues to play.

You can integrate other software (like triggering something on a mode), view game stats, etc.

Check out https://scorbit.io.

presumably it’s just for fun and not for comps given the difference between set ups?

Correct, although tournaments use this for in-person automation of scorekeeping.

is it the same board set, so do you take it out of the game when you sell it on and transfer to another game?

You can do either. We have a tools website where you can transfer it to another user, or you can detach it from the existing game and pair it with a new one.

Scorbitrons are all the same (except where the game, like JJP, doesn't require a Scorbitron).

There are probe boards for specific game types (like solid state, DMD), and cable kits and power adapter kits specific to the games models.

toying with getting one or two but to do the whole lot could prove to be quite expensive.

We always recommend starting small and finding your best use case! It's a lot of fun but admittedly we only launched in September and have plenty of features to roll out (like achievements, new app features, etc.).

Great product website, I'm informed :thumbs:

Does the scorbitron come with the "bits" (probe, power adaptor, cables etc) for all supported machine architectures or do you select on order?

On double door Bally SS games like Vector that left hand area of the backbox is full of cable looms, It must be tight to fit those interface adaptors to the left of the MPU.

you select which game you want it for and they include the relevant parts - for my meteor which has a busy back box I mounted it on the side of the backbox

Neil.

@jayadelson My ACDC which I would like a Socrbit for, is already using the RS232 port for a MikeD TFT monitor mod, does this mean I will not be able to put in Scorbit?

Added to the above how does one integrate Scorbit with say Stern White star, and Bally / Williams machines?

@jayadelson My ACDC which I would like a Socrbit for, is already using the RS232 port for a MikeD TFT monitor mod, does this mean I will not be able to put in Scorbit?

Added to the above how does one integrate Scorbit with say Stern White star, and Bally / Williams machines?

Spike 2 Scorbit connects to the USB port
Spooky from TNA Scorbit connects to the USB port
JJP is thru WIFI so as JJP rolls out wifi It will support them
SAM Scorbit connects to the DMD port and takes power from a tap that connects to the SAM CPU board.
Williams DMD games it grabs power from J116 J117 or J118 and connects to the DMD port
White star it connects to the power on CN2 and connects to the DMD board port.

Julian not sure if you still have BOP 2 but that might be a game without support at the moment.

Julian not sure if you still have BOP 2 but that might be a game without support at the moment.
Yeah I do also MMr and MBr (incoming) all three of which I understand will not work at the moment but hopefully will at some time.

Just got Wonka (@Neil McRae best game ever*) on Scorbit, dead easy, upgraded to v1.34 then plugged in the WiFi dongle;

Setup WiFi, Scorbit and bingo on-line love how easy it is and how good it is.

When you play a game, from the Scorbit app on your phone you can say its you playing so Scorbit can register your 'crap' scores as you rather than Player 1

Can not wait to get my other JJP's on and my other machines.

*lol

This will not intefere with other mods like MikeD's and ColorDMDs. Think of us as an active repeater, we take the display and "repeat" the signal so it should work fine. We can even take a passthrough for folks using SmartDMD or DMD extender, etc.

I have a BOP / BOP2. I have BoP working right now for the traditional game. Of course I want my BoP 2 to work, but the good news there is that we're working directly with DP and both BOP and TBL are in the plans (though with TBL I believe the plan is direct to API, stay tuned.)

@Neil McRae @jayadelson Any eta on JJP Pirates and Dialed In? Also any news on CGC games?

Here's what I can say about POTC and DI: It's being worked on. They've committed. I can't really promise anything on their behalf around timelines but what I can do is point to the gap between GnR and Wonka (3 months) and say it will be a lot less than that... a lot less. OMG, I need more developers.

Regarding CGC, I keep reaching out to them about once a month, and hopefully they will have time to get to Scorbit soon. There is a way I want to do it, which involves some extremely minor software changes on their end, and a way I can do it, without that... but I will push harder. Stay tuned.

In Scorbit vision is there a way to search for machines so I can see other say Wonka scores? Or a global leader-board?

I can only see my 1 Wonka and Neil's other machines.

yeah there is a global leaderboard. select the machine and you'll see the global board.

goto your game in the list

IMG_0629.PNG

and you can also find best scores of the month.

In Scorbit vision is there a way to search for machines so I can see other say Wonka scores? Or a global leader-board?

I can only see my 1 Wonka and Neil's other machines.

There is. You create a leaderboard for "Multiple Machines of the same Title." You then do NOT specify specific machines (like yours) and the leaderboard will be displayed as a global board.

If you want to search for specific public machines, you can do that as well, by selecting single machine and then typing into the type-ahead. You can start typing Wonka or the name of the venue, for example.

You could select multiple machines, choose Wonka as the machine title, then below where you can add machines, add specific friend's machines. Then you would have a single leaderboard with just your friends (or a league's) scores.

If Neil or someone takes too many spots on a board you can also choose the "Single score per player" option.

Oh and @Julian not many people have their WiFi dongles yet, so don't expect a lot of scores at first!

yeah but amazing to watch, jackpot collect on GNR a few days ago was staggeringly good.

I have put together a sheet to track who is in on the order, if you want to make a purchase for this one-time, very kind offer from @jayadelson and Scorbit then please make sure your details are on the sheet.
If you wold prefer me to put your name down then please PM me with your details include the machine its going in.
Not sure if we need to capture the machine but no harm to do so.

We will be closing the list Sunday, March 14th 2021 midnight.

Not sure how we will pay or collect funds, that is up to @jayadelson, maybe a separate PayPal from the purchasers, then shipped to them direct?
Or if one shipment is better, then I am happy to take that bulk delivery and split the import shipping costs, VAT and import duty between each board.
Will discuss this with @Neil McRae

Did I forget anything?

As of now I'm counting 32 boards, which does mean anyone adding to the list after today gets the lower price, but also there will be a delay for about four weeks (give or take). I'll fast-track it as best I can depending on what you all put in the machine title list. Not all games are compatible yet, and we're working on it... System 11s and Alpha Numerics are coming soon. We'll be testing solutions for those soon.

Back
Top Bottom