What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorbit - Bulk order

Ok, I’m interested now. Few questions for Jay or Neil.

im thinking of maybe using these for league meets, are they easy enough to move between machines or is it a ball ache?
Is the difference between machines just cables or are they completely different hardware etc? Some meets are all stern, some are all Bally Williams etc so might be a non starter but maybe just for my machines.. need to read into it more.

cheers
Ian

Just ask Neil if it's compatible - he must have an account and it's probably his fault we're all interested in them anyway

Well the app is free, so you can download the app anyway and check it out (eary days on the app, so be forgiving). Then you can use that account to log int on the website.

Ok, I’m interested now. Few questions for Jay or Neil.

im thinking of maybe using these for league meets, are they easy enough to move between machines or is it a ball ache?
Is the difference between machines just cables or are they completely different hardware etc? Some meets are all stern, some are all Bally Williams etc so might be a non starter but maybe just for my machines.. need to read into it more.

cheers
Ian

When you install a Scorbitron in any machine, you need to solve for three problems:

1. You need the Scorbitron base unit, which is easy to move around (some have printed enclosures for it, because it comes designed for mounting).
2. You need a power solution. We include cabling and in most cases, a power adapter board designed to steal 12V from the machine (or 5V on older Spike 1 machines). These adapter boards are also bundled with the package. We have tournament situations where the operator decides to use an external "brick" power supply instead of the solution in the game to avoid more cabling, but your mileage may vary with each game's maintenance outlet.
3. You need a game data solution. This also comes bundled in the box with a Scorbitron. This plugs into the Scorbitron's USB C ports. For DMD and Solid State games, this requires a special USB C Gen 2 3.1 cable, and a Scorbit Probe (DMD or SS-1). For serial-based games, like Spooky or Spike 2, this includes a special USB NMC null cable, and USB C to A adapter.

The price for the Scorbitron includes all of this. So in your case, when you move a Scorbitron, you need to ensure you solve for those three problems. Therefore, we sell kits for different game types that include the power and cabling. We also sell probes separately. Since we don't know what you're moving it into, we need to offer these a-la-cart in our accessories store. So, conceivably, you could buy a Scorbitron for a single game, get one of each probe, then buy kits for each game type (like early Bally, Sterns, Gottliebs, Capcom, etc.) and then move them around all you want. It's not in a bulletproof enclosure though, it's an open board on a mounting plate, so you might want to print yourself an enclosure (we have some of that) if it's going to move a lot.

Just to give you an idea, when we do the INDISC tournament, we bring 30 Scorbitrons and leave them in the whole time. However, we have a number of arcade owners here who have a "Scorbit Tournament" on a game for a given week, and move the device to that machine, at least until COVID is behind us.

The app takes care of the rest. Just detach the Scorbitron and reattach it virtually as you move it from game to game. Scores are kept in the db, and users can still submit scores manually without the Scorbitron onto the same leaderboards (although it requires a photo).

Not yet! We've been waiting to gauge demand for this. Also am I right in saying a fair number of these games are now using the after-market CPU system before it was EOLed?
I just picked up my RFM and have not dig into it at all but I believe I’m still on the original cpu system but I would assume there are more than a few nucore/pinbox ran pin2000’s in the wild

do I need to do anything to get on the list?

I just picked up my RFM and have not dig into it at all but I believe I’m still on the original cpu system but I would assume there are more than a few nucore/pinbox ran pin2000’s in the wild

do I need to do anything to get on the list?

I added you to @Julian's spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/184Ip7t7LdudcBQREbgwxUNdnbqLQkbCe2YY4knGEZKo/edit#gid=0

Just fill in the details please...

So basically, all I need to do to get pin2000 working is spend some quality time in the lab with one. I have to finish the System 11 work first (higher demand) but it will be done. I'd wait to get any Scorbitrons until that work is complete.

We have WPC Alpha (BoP), Gottlieb System 3s working in the lab, we just need to finish up some power and adapter work.

I would have expected better sales. Come on guys let’s support this. The more machines that have them the more competitive our play will be.
Agreed and at this one-off amazing price, silly not to jump on it and get one for all your pinball estate.

We are just happy to get all the support. We doubled our next manufacturing cycle. It's interesting, we're actually not a preorder company that waits for orders and then manufactures to order. We do maintain inventory and sell our inventory, because pinball is littered with the frustrations of people waiting for those.

That being said, you guys caught us right between manufacturing cycles during chip shortages! Still, for the first 30 or so we'll ship immediately and then the following units will be 4-5 weeks out, and we won't let that happen again. Bring it!

Hmm, Im a bit late to this. So this is a way to play against people if, for example, we end up with more lockdowns etc?

So, if I buy six (3xSAM, 3xSpike2) (and JJP Hobbit doesn't need one?) then I can play any machine and the scores will update without any hassle, whereas if I buy one of each, I'll have to move them between machines to get the scores?

What happens when Josh plays on the machine? Does it read the High Score name for multi-player games - seems unfair for Josh to get the benefit of my massive scoring power....

Hmm, Im a bit late to this. So this is a way to play against people if, for example, we end up with more lockdowns etc?

So, if I buy six (3xSAM, 3xSpike2) (and JJP Hobbit doesn't need one?) then I can play any machine and the scores will update without any hassle, whereas if I buy one of each, I'll have to move them between machines to get the scores?

What happens when Josh plays on the machine? Does it read the High Score name for multi-player games - seems unfair for Josh to get the benefit of my massive scoring power....

You can challenge others asynchronously, so tag them and have a mini competition. Soon you will also be able to do something more organized, where you select individuals to challenge...This also is asynchronous, but there is a live view. You can also create custom leaderboards, which is fun for on-going competitions between people who have the same machine. There is a lot of flexibility in the system.

Yes, if you buy these units you can play on these machines and scores are updated, but it presumes you are using our app. There are two ways to automate getting scores onto the platform from the game; The normal way is you start a game, select your player number on a live view on the app, and when it's done you can choose to save it to the leaderboard or throw the score away. We also have the ability to auto-claim Player 1 slots for when you want to speed that up, and also auto-submit scores for player slots you've claimed. Finally we have a new feature coming soon which we call "hog mode," where all your scores for games you own in your own venue (like Jay's House/Theatre of Magic) all get automatically saved to the leaderboard on the back end.

If you buy one Scorbitron, you have to move it from game to game, which involved pairing, unpairing, moving it, re-installing and pairing again, etc. It's not that bad a process but it's not great for folks who move between games frequently.

For JJP games, they require no hardware and the license is free. They just connect to our platform automatically. However, we are available on JJP games as they get connected to WiFi, so Hobbit is coming but not released yet (JJP is working to connect all previous games to WiFi).

Right now, to see the global leaderboard (or a leaderboard you create for just you and Josh), it requires looking at it in the app or ScorbitVision, our "big screen" oriented tool for game rooms. However, Scorbit is working now with a number of manufacturers to put our leaderboards on their screens, stay tuned. We also have the ability to put messages on the DMD screens, so more on that for our platform soon as well.

Ok folks, cutting off the list here. Anyone on the list, please be sure your email address and full name is in the spreadsheet, and we'll get all of you special coded vouchers. Please put the games you plan on installing Scorbitrons on there. Note, CGC remakes aren't supported yet. Top of the list gets priority, roughly the first 27-30 will ship immediately, and the remainder has a lead time as we refresh our inventory. Thank you all so much for the support.

Jay thanks for an epic deal!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the explanation, sounds great.

Am I still OK for six boards: 3xSAM (Spiderman, Walking Dead, Batman Dark Knight) and 3x Spike 2 (GoTG, Deadpool, Avengers IQ)? Not sure if those went on the list as I thought I had until tonight to reply.

Martyn

Jay is -8 but I'm sure it will be find for you to add.

Neil.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the explanation, sounds great.

Am I still OK for six boards: 3xSAM (Spiderman, Walking Dead, Batman Dark Knight) and 3x Spike 2 (GoTG, Deadpool, Avengers IQ)? Not sure if those went on the list as I thought I had until tonight to reply.

Martyn
Yes, I know you were counted as interested in that before we closed. You're good. Get the details on the spreadsheet though if it's not on there already.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for this special offer. I’ve added my name onto the list for a couple units.
Thanks
Adam

Ok folks this is how it's going to work:

1. I will email each of your directly with three custom voucher/coupon codes. These codes (except the subscription, which is a running offer right now) are tied to your email and only your email. One is for the Scorbitrons, one is for the Subscription, and one is for Shipping. These codes will expire in a week.

2. When you go to the https://scorbit.io/purchase page, after logging in (and if necessary creating an account), you will add each Scorbitron you want. Ignore the pricing for the moment.

3. After clicking next, it takes you to a subscription page. Click on the "Annual" choice and in the coupon section, enter the special code for subscriptions there. The price should adjust to $0/yr.

4. After clicking next you'll be taken to the cart page (this might take a while for the larger carts, sorry Darren, we're optimizing this soon). In the coupon box at the bottom of that summary and checkout button there is a coupon entry box. You'll put your special code for the Scorbitrons there. The price should adjust to $165/unit based on your spreadsheet commitment. Ignore the tax field for a moment. Proceed to checkout.

6. On the checkout page, despite the shipping going to Neil, please enter your actual shipping address info and review it.

FOR UK ORDERS ONLY: There is a coupon box beneath the shipping selection. Enter your third special code for shipping. A new option will appear that says "Free Shipping." Select that and the total should reflect only $165 US for each Scorbitron, free year of subscription, and no shipping charges.

FOR US ORDERS: There will already be a free option for you without need for a code. We offer 2-day free shipping to all domestic US as a default. Tax will be included as it's not being collected in the UK.

7. I will box them and ship ALL these units to Neil in 5-pack boxes (5 one-unit boxes in a box). Each unit is in its own box as we prefer for shipping electronics. Neil will contact all of you directly for local shipment or handoff event and VAT/taxes appropriate.

Julian and Neil: Your shipments will be prepared immediately after the order since you were first on the spreadsheet.

Everyone Else: I will keep you posted on progress. We have all the parts except the new batch of baseboards, and we're waiting on the manufacturer on those now. During COVID we know better than to promise things, but we expect about 4-5 weeks. Our fault, we didn't expect the recent surge of orders after the JJP rollout, which was our bad to be out of inventory! We will have more buffer going forward.

Please post here, email me or hit us up at support@scorbit.io for other questions.

Thanks,

-Jay

Last edited:
one thing, call your bank before placing the order to ensure it goes through.

Back
Top Bottom