What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

Houses get burgled all the time, it doesn't make it right even if the thieves don't get caught. If your house was robbed would you buy your stuff back from the thieves? How about if it was somebody else's house, would you help the thieves sell the goods on for a cut of the profit?

I doubt many people on here are naive enough to think that phoenixing companies doesn't happen, but I kinda hoped that most had a stronger moral compass than to encourage and facilitate it.

If the Pinball Brothers can afford to have another go at manufacturing a game they must still believe there is a market for, they should of put the extra money into Heighway when they took over control in he first place.

Does anyone know what the legal status is of the accounts (for any company) that form part of the liquidation? The brothers say that the figures aren't necessarily correct (but surely they HAVE to be) so they can't issue based on those

check on beta companies house website
Yeah not a great deal on there, except to note that deposit creditors (which is people who paid something towards machines) has gone up appreciably from £272k to almost £500k

Is it just me or did that seem a bit slow? Granted I have been playing Stranger Things today which is ridiculously fast but that seemed a bit sluggish in the video.

Yeah looks like either the pitch is off or the game is just slow as sh1t. To me the original looks dated already and without the extra bells and whistles of the original even more so. Best theme, wish Stern would have got it.

It’s ****, **** and more **** and to top it all they are ripping off your fellow pin head - just say no. It’s no longer 2017 and pinball has moved on massively not that this game was ever any good.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah looks like either the pitch is off or the game is just slow as sh1t. To me the original looks dated already and without the extra bells and whistles of the original even more so. Best theme, wish Stern would have got it.

I wish Gottlieb would have got it.

Alien star is a fantastic game - all about the shatz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have received word our requested “showroom” game will be with us shortly, with our first stock batch arriving not all that long after. That means streaming on TWITCH imminently. Lots more details to announce soon....

Re poor sound comparison..

For anyone who didn't see in the comments, PBs suggesting the bass speaker connector may have either wriggled loose or was swapped with the tops.

tbc..

Yeah, comments from PB:

We think that the bass cable and the right loudspeaker cable might be switched. The sound should be pretty good - especially with the fat bass speaker you have in the cabinet’s bottom icon_wink.gif
And as an advanced tip: remove the backglass and find the bass boost knob below the screen, left of the speaker cables...

Looks like standard made in china led boards.

have to say can you imagine if this is how the original alien came out, none of heighways stupid cabinet **** or other bull**** nonsense he came out with and they'd just gone for a cost optimised cabinet like this? he'd still be in business and probably on his fourth game by now. I initially thought the originals would be worth more but having looked in detail I think those sitting on a 10K original are going to lose out assuming it flips well. This looks well made and designed and some of the new stuff is better done than I expected. I really want to see more on the CPU and power driver though.

shame its made with stolen money.

Neil.

I was quite surprised seeing the underside of the pin. Does anyone have a pic of the Highway underside for comparison?

Back
Top Bottom