What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Teasing Alien on Twitter

I was quite surprised seeing the underside of the pin. Does anyone have a pic of the Highway underside for comparison?
Based on from when PB took over see they changed the name in the boards

Interestingly note they have left HE on the game wonder if thats a license issue.

fb790825016c6a87607cc0048b9bf5ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The middle PCB looks like a good candidate for the LCD on the LE :)

Curious to see the board screwed straight into the playfield, with no standoffs. I guess that can be done nowadays with SMD tech? Good for removing light bleed.

Gotta say I like the board design, RJ45 and minimal connections.

Couple of school boy error s I think led boards mounted directly on to playfield is a no no and why put the flipper coil connectors by the end stops lots of vibration every other pinball company does it the other way round

Couple of school boy error s I think led boards mounted directly on to playfield is a no no and why put the flipper coil connectors by the end stops lots of vibration every other pinball company does it the other way round
Yep i think williams realised this in the mid 80s as voltages and power increased and started putting the coils with the lugs away from the end. Pinball Brothers obviously didn't get the memo.... doh...

Oh, and is that just 2 wires to the flipper coils i see, so pwm flippers for everyone...

On a positive note the custom metal work casing for the electronic boards looks cool

Some kind of rubber mounts on those boards would have been good, you could probably still add some rubber washers to absorb some vibrations.
Time will tell.
Would like one for the creepyness, love the films. Probably my favourite licensed theme.
Flipper connections are a bit silly and would be good to know if they are decent.
Other problem is being shot down from the people they stitched up if you buy one🤷‍♂️
So who has ordered one😂

All the BS that went on before put aside, looks a decent pin on first impressions.
Looks a bit dark in the vid.
Terrific theme

I like the white plastic side rails, they look great lit. It'll be interesting to see how durable they are though, particularly the bit that sticks out with a post in it, just above the upper left flipper, too many strong hits on that and I'd be surprised if it didn't crack/break up over time.

I acutally like the look of under the playfield.

Reminds me of CGC machine, but they use smaller boards interlinked with data and voltage using semsible connections.

I do not think mounting on a plastic pillar (like Stern do) make the LED boards more reliable.

Good to see smaller boards, rather than a large board like on a CGC game which would be a lot more to replace.

As previously stated on this thread, I think these are rob dogs.

Not sure why you'd buy this if you already have an LE although I guess we he bought his first one............wait for it.................. he said.........'I'll be back'

I’d probably have had one for a while if it wasn’t made by thieving bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom