What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi guys and gals
Newbie here, checkin in
Got the heads up of this place from gonzos podcast ( which is great I must add)
I’m a middle aged pinball fanatic, been playing since 91, when my local cafe installed a getaway high speed 2, and was hooked from that point.
Got myself a virtual cabinet, which keeps me amused, but soon be buying my first pin, and currently on the lookout. After my visit to pinfest the other week, I’ve decided I must have the real thing in my life 😄

Hello..
Another newbie, I'm John, 41 currently in Chatteris Cambridgeshire UK.
Would love to eventually own my own table but with prices seemingly at an all time high I will have to settle for visits to the seaside arcades for now.
I play fx3 on xbox. Everyone is welcome to friend add me on there my tag is Stoneroses80.
On a mission to beat my friends dr dude score he's up to rank 18 now!
Hi John
If your on Facebook, come check out my page,zen pinball cabinet players weekly challenge. It’s a weekly comp, just for fun. Was set up for virtual cabinet players, but all formats are now accepted. Hope to see over there.

Hi guys and gals
Newbie here, checkin in
Got the heads up of this place from gonzos podcast ( which is great I must add)
I’m a middle aged pinball fanatic, been playing since 91, when my local cafe installed a getaway high speed 2, and was hooked from that point.
Got myself a virtual cabinet, which keeps me amused, but soon be buying my first pin, and currently on the lookout. After my visit to pinfest the other week, I’ve decided I must have the real thing in my life 😄

Welcome mate

I’ve been here about a week, and having fun having a good look about and reading posts.
very soon I’ll be in the position to buy my first pin, which is more than likely going to be purchased from this forum. I’ve noticed that to be able to do this, I have to be a site supporter, can someone explain how I do this
Many thanks

I’ve been here about a week, and having fun having a good look about and reading posts.
very soon I’ll be in the position to buy my first pin, which is more than likely going to be purchased from this forum. I’ve noticed that to be able to do this, I have to be a site supporter, can someone explain how I do this
Many thanks
Just a £10 donation which lasts a year.

Hello everyone,
I have been a pinball enthusiast since I was a kid but could never really play as much as I wished (no pin availability, or no budget to spare). A few years ago (like 7/8), I finally decided to up my game and purchased a nice Tales From the Crypt.
I am now based in London but had to work from different countries in the past years and I couldn't bring my pin with me. I am a bit worried it stays unplayed for years, but there is nothing I can do about it... I really enjoy this pin, it has a nice flow and a lot of loops, which I love.
Speaking of loops, I just saw the Godzilla reveal which makes me feel like getting one. All these toys and loops plus a theme that I do not despise, it has been a while since I felt this excitement (even though I alsmot purchased a ghostbusters...! )

Well, that's it for me! Happy to join the community! I live in London so I hope I will be able to get to know more pins and fellow enthusiasts!

Welcome,

If you still own that Tales From The Crypt, removing the battery before leaving it is a wise precaution. Would you really be badly hit for importing it?

Welcome,

If you still own that Tales From The Crypt, removing the battery before leaving it is a wise precaution. Would you really be badly hit for importing it?
I removed the battery indeed but it's been sitting still in an unheated (empty) house for the past 6 years .. even though it's protected from the dust with a cloth, not sure how I'll find it back ...
I am trying to assess how much customs would tax me (and on what basis...), It's not clear how to get the information though. If it's not too much i could rent a van and get it with the rest of my stuff via the tunnel!

Welcome,

So I just found the answer. I need to declare the value of the pin and I will be taxed 20% on top of it. The problem is going to be to explain the pin value...
Honestly, if it's no longer working it could be as low as 300£. Man I should have done this before Brexit!

So I just found the answer. I need to declare the value of the pin and I will be taxed 20% on top of it. The problem is going to be to explain the pin value...
Honestly, if it's no longer working it could be as low as 300£. Man I should have done this before Brexit!
You could always try to smuggle it in, a car would be better than a van - disguise it as a large tent / camping equipment etc. ? :p

Hi,

I am Mike - a newbie but not so new enthusiast. From Edinburgh

I played a huge amount in the Seventies - Spain and then at University (St Andrews) - 1976-1980.

I subscribed to Pinball Player and eventually in 1984 bought a 1976 Gottleib Drop-A-Card EM - which I loved. I lent to a chum when I went abroad and have not found it again!

After many years I am now retired and treated myself to an Addams Family late 2020- Ebay probably paid a bit too much - had previously that year been bought from Home Leisure for a lot more than I paid. Took a while to get it delivered, but met Martin and all was well.

I love it and am now fully re-addicted - beginning to learn to tinker, clean and fix small issues.

Just love this forum, pity many events and machines are in the South.....

Mike

Hello everyone,
I have been a pinball enthusiast since I was a kid but could never really play as much as I wished (no pin availability, or no budget to spare). A few years ago (like 7/8), I finally decided to up my game and purchased a nice Tales From the Crypt.
I am now based in London but had to work from different countries in the past years and I couldn't bring my pin with me. I am a bit worried it stays unplayed for years, but there is nothing I can do about it... I really enjoy this pin, it has a nice flow and a lot of loops, which I love.
Speaking of loops, I just saw the Godzilla reveal which makes me feel like getting one. All these toys and loops plus a theme that I do not despise, it has been a while since I felt this excitement (even though I alsmot purchased a ghostbusters...! )

Well, that's it for me! Happy to join the community! I live in London so I hope I will be able to get to know more pins and fellow enthusiasts!
Welcome! - If you are in London, make sure you get yourself down to FlipOut in Croydon:thumbs:

Planning to at some point but I am literally on the other side of town and that's a looooooong trip!
I fell you pain! - for quite a while I used to make the trek from Southend-On-Sea every weekend:)
Still a bit of a mission travelling from East London now, but not too bad if the train wo Waddon in running - defo worth the trip to enjoy loads of great pins for hours.

New member here, looking to find my first pin to own. Have been advised by a friend and Pinball enthusiast that this is the place to find it. Into Heavy Metal and Pinball.

Hello everyone!
Welcome! - Can't go wrong with an iron Maiden or a Metallica if you are in to Metal! (Note: I see there's a nice MET PRO with total light show etc in the for sale section?)

New member here, looking to find my first pin to own. Have been advised by a friend and Pinball enthusiast that this is the place to find it. Into Heavy Metal and Pinball.

Hello everyone!
Iron Maiden, Metallica, ACDC, Aerosmith, Led Zepp, Kiss….. pins to choose from.
Can’t go wrong with any of them:
The first two are the best IMO.
Welcome 👍
Edit: GnR also ….. my brain 🙄

Back
Top Bottom