What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

There was also a Switch 58 Big Foot error when I arrived - this was the error that was being reported. I explained to Mike that someone had mentioned this on the forums and it was simply that this target hadn’t been hit for a long time. Thank you the person who mentioned this 😀

I'd forgotten what number it was. I had a feeling it was 4,8 rather than 5,8. But that shows how frequently it was (and still is) present. There was a seller of incredibly de**iled machines offering a White Water with a 'dot' showing on the display; he was reputed to be quite touchy, so I didn't dare mention it.

I'd forgotten what number it was. I had a feeling it was 4,8 rather than 5,8. But that shows how frequently it was (and still is) present. There was a seller of incredibly de**iled machines offering a White Water with a 'dot' showing on the display; he was reputed to be quite touchy, so I didn't dare mention it.
It’s definitely the standard ‘58’ error: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-help

The WH20 was definitely working. It just had some niggling issues.

I wondered if White Water has (or would benefit from) one of the weaker plunger springs. Most likely the 'Green' rating

Going by subsequent replies, maybe the extra-strong Red spring would be more interesting

Last edited:
Whitewater should have a strong spring and no ball save , just like it came out of the factory.
I once saw a guy full plunge the ball and it went sdtm and someone tried to advise that a less strength would put the ball on the upper playfield. But the guy thought he knew better and fully plunged the second ball and that went sdtm. Last ball same thing, then he just walked off mumbling what a crap machine Whitewater was.
But we know better.

Whitewater should have a strong spring and no ball save , just like it came out of the factory.
I once saw a guy full plunge the ball and it went sdtm and someone tried to advise that a less strength would put the ball on the upper playfield. But the guy thought he knew better and fully plunged the second ball and that went sdtm. Last ball same thing, then he just walked off mumbling what a crap machine Whitewater was.
But we know better.
So it’s deliberately designed to send it out of play if you plunge too hard? 😱

Genuinely, I thought there was a choice of shots (upper or lower playfield) and it was a ball guide/ramp error…

But we know better.
Sounds like me in 1993 😁

But we know better.
Took me a couple of goes to figure this out on thr machine at Flipout😀 At first I was Wtf!?, but then once I cooled it a bit with the plunger I had a couple of great games and really enjoyed the game.

A Up!, I'm Tony, 45 from Nottinghamshire. Collected a few vids, always loved pins but never had room for any.. Now a single bloke I have the whole dining room to fill with more games (Dining table free to collect ;¬). Been lurking here for a while. Some of you may have seen me at various meets over the years.. Most likely at the bar. Look forward to meeting more of you soon.
Cheers duck!

It's a little annoying trying to get the plunge strength just right on whitewater, it's not uncommon to see someone ( including me! ) take many attempts with the ball rolling back down to the plunger, especially in comps.

Yes WH20 goes SDTM on full plunge.

The WH20 at flip out needs a total shop which Is being arranged with John.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New to the group here, always loved pins, had plenty of experience with them over the years but never had the room for my own. I now (finally 🙌) have a games room/bar to fill 😁 so looking to invest in a couple, hopefully will find what I want here. Always enjoyed playing the 90s bally/midway stuff in my uncles when I was a kid and also T2 was big back in the day and my first introduction to pinball, for the nostalgia I'd love to get my hands on that. Of the more recent stuff I've seen I quite like the idea of getting my hands on a ghostbusters (again probably because I'm a sucker for nostalgia) looking forward to networking a bit and keeping my eyes open to what people have available. Cheers - Rob

Hi and welcome to the new guys who’ve just joined.

Regarding Whitewater. I suspect it’s been hammered during it’s time in the club so it’ll be coming back to new cross.

Hopefully should be available to play next SE league assuming I host a meet.

New to the group here, always loved pins, had plenty of experience with them over the years but never had the room for my own. I now (finally 🙌) have a games room/bar to fill 😁 so looking to invest in a couple, hopefully will find what I want here. Always enjoyed playing the 90s bally/midway stuff in my uncles when I was a kid and also T2 was big back in the day and my first introduction to pinball, for the nostalgia I'd love to get my hands on that. Of the more recent stuff I've seen I quite like the idea of getting my hands on a ghostbusters (again probably because I'm a sucker for nostalgia) looking forward to networking a bit and keeping my eyes open to what people have available. Cheers - Rob
Welcome Rob and Djrouge👍🏻 - looks like you found the right place!

Ayup @Djrouge
Great to see another local on the forum.
Have you spent any time in Sanctuary in S-in-A? They have 3 machines in there.
Definitely worth a visit.

Ayup @Djrouge
Great to see another local on the forum.
Have you spent any time in Sanctuary in S-in-A? They have 3 machines in there.
Definitely worth a visit.
A up bud, no I've driven past Sanctuary many times as I live on the fringe of Sutton, I know they did tabletop gaming from when they were renting the church I think it was? weren't aware of vids or pins being there though.
I'll definitely pop in and check it out.

A up bud, no I've driven past Sanctuary many times as I live on the fringe of Sutton, I know they did tabletop gaming from when they were renting the church I think it was? weren't aware of vids or pins being there though.
I'll definitely pop in and check it out.
They aren't in the church anymore. They are in the old job centre building, between KFC and Lloyds bank.

They have 3 from pinball heaven.
Avengers Infinity Quest
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Stranger Things

They are also having a Mandalorian at some point.

They also have a multicade with all the old vids on.

Opening hours are limited. Check out their FB page for times.
https://www.facebook.com/SanctuaryGamingCentre/

Morning,
Great forum! having been directed to this forum by a few members on the UKPinball Facebook group following a newbie post on there. I've always wished to own my own pinball for what must be 30+ years I am now finally in the position to purchase one and will be for my 40th (something to take the edge off!). I live in Daventry, Northamptonshire and to my amazement I recently found out that Pinfest will happening on my doorstep so my wife and I will be attending on the Saturday (unable to do the Sunday) and honestly can't wait. Of course the difficult decision now is what pinball table to go for and as I don't have an unlimited budget and being a novice clearly I would hope to find one that is working well and won't break down etc after a few days. The feedback on the FB group was to stay clear of Ebay and to be fair a few of the members have contacted me to say they will possibly have a few machines for sale at Pinfest so I'm inclined to wait until then. Anyhow I hope to get more involved by joining any local leagues etc and more importantly getting to know you all and make some good friends (without sounding like a lonely hearts advert). Thanks Chris

Welcome @RunningmanCDK
My advise would be play as many games as you can at Pinfest to get a feel for what you like.
If there is one there for sale that you like, snap it up.
If not, put a wanted ad on here for what you are after. You need to make a small donation first before you can buy or sell on this forum though. Definitely worth doing though, some great people on here.

Welcome @RunningmanCDK
My advise would be play as many games as you can at Pinfest to get a feel for what you like.
If there is one there for sale that you like, snap it up.
If not, put a wanted ad on here for what you are after. You need to make a small donation first before you can buy or sell on this forum though. Definitely worth doing though, some great people on here.
Cheers

No. I tried switching it on and it gave me the 'BANG BANG. Press "Enter" for Test Report" message.

I didn't have the coin door keys (obviously) as I was just visiting to play, so I figured it was switched off because something was broken.

Apparently, the repair guy has been off sick for a couple of weeks. If he was still off sick when I went down there in a couple of weeks, I was planning to run a test on the White Water and see if I could work out what was wrong with it. White Water is one of my favourite pinball machines on the Williams iOS app, and I've never played one in real life, so I had something of a motivation to try to fix it (!!).

Now you know, I expect you'll probably fix it before I do!

According to the Chicago Games Company website, Pinball Heaven is their UK distributor (https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/26). I Googled one on the Pinball Heaven website with no price (https://www.pinball.co.uk/pinball-machines-for-sale/medieval-madness-pinball-new-remake/), so I called them and the guy told me he thought CGC would try fitting a batch of MMr into a production run in 18 months to 2 years.

He was taking names (but no money) for expressions of interest. So, I put my name down.

We're probably not ready for an MMr for a couple of years, anyway, so it didn't seem a big deal to wait for one.

I'm the repair guy. I've had major issues with my back and a death in the family so haven't been able to make it to the club for a while. Going to try and get up there this weekend as there's a few things to fix.

Whitewater was working fine up until recently, the GI isn't great on it but it's incandescent lamps and lot of them are blue which doesn't help matters. It dropping balls into the cabinet is new, probably something up with the lock mechanism.

It does go SDTM on a full plunge but I think if you just hold the left flipper up it will pass to the right, but who doesn't go for the skill shot? :)

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom