What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all,
Just thought I would say hello as i'm booked up for the whole pinfest experience.
Driving down from Glasgow on Friday morning to make the most of my VIP ticket.
I don't own a machine so I usually play at Super Bario in Glasgow or at the league meets.
Last time I was in Super Bario , the main game was Starwars and a couple of others , there was an old Baywatch in the basement which they blew the dust off and cranked up for me.
Looking forward to meeting everybody.
Alan

Hi everyone, just thought I pop in and say hello.
Looks like I have some serious thread reading to do!

Looking forward to Pinfest and despite what Gonzo said in the 'Chinwag' do come and say hello (cheeky bugger!)

Spencer (Guest on Chinwag Podcast UK #8)

Looking forward to Pinfest and despite what Gonzo said in the 'Chinwag' do come and say hello (cheeky bugger!)

Welcome to the forum!
I enjoyed watching the "chinwag".
Will you be juggling at Pinfest as well? 👍 🙂

Never heard of the bloke 😜

Hi All.

I am Alan Trevennor, I live in East Cornwall, UK.

I have 6 machines, two are usable - a 1976 "Bucaneer" from Gottleib (EM) and a 1979 Stern Dracula (SS). I also have four restoration project machines, a Gottlieb Bowling Queen, a Williams Touchdown (1967), a Zacarria Concorde and a Zacarria "Shooting the Rapids". Oddly, I acquired all of these over 10 years ago on a spending spree from redundancy money, but that same windfall allowed us to move to Cornwall where there was no room and no time to work on restoring these machines - so they have been in (indoor) storage for 11 years and with the advent of retirement and the building of an extension, I have really only got round to beginning restoration in the last 6 months or so. I expect I will be here for advice and help pretty often now though!

I have 3 pinball ambitions.

1) To get my "Shooting the Rapids" game fully restored (that's the only one I plan to keep for the long term).

2) To acquire a Gottleib "Central Park" - I had one in late 1970s that I bought from an operator for £25, but had to sell it when we had kids and needed the room. How I loved that machine!

3) To at some stage buy a brand new pinball machine which is NOT franchise themed, but on a general theme like pinballs used to be.

My background is in digital electronics and software (so I am VERY at home with 1980s SS machines) and I had a long career doing system integration and technical writing - mainly working for large American corporates like HP.
I am also interested in modern model railways, especially the command and control side of that (DCC etc) - but anything to do with trains is of interest to me!IMG_1680_a.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @AlanT :thumbs: how's the backglass on your Stern Dracula, it's a bit rough on mine and they seem to go a lot in the blue areas?

Hi All.

I am Alan Trevennor, I live in East Cornwall, UK.

I have 6 machines, two are usable - a 1976 "Bucaneer" from Gottleib (EM) and a 1979 Stern Dracula (SS). I also have four restoration project machines, a Gottlieb Bowling Queen, a Williams Touchdown (1967), a Zacarria Concorde and a Zacarria "Shooting the Rapids". Oddly, I acquired all of these over 10 years ago on a spending spree from redundancy money, but that same windfall allowed us to move to Cornwall where there was no room and no time to work on restoring these machines - so they have been in (indoor) storage for 11 years and with the advent of retirement and the building of an extension, I have really only got round to beginning restoration in the last 6 months or so. I expect I will be here for advice and help pretty often now though!

I have 3 pinball ambitions.

1) To get my "Shooting the Rapids" game fully restored (that's the only one I plan to keep for the long term).

2) To acquire a Gottleib "Central Park" - I had one in late 1970s that I bought from an operator for £25, but had to sell it when we had kids and needed the room. How I loved that machine!

3) To at some stage buy a brand new pinball machine which is NOT franchise themed, but on a general theme like pinballs used to be.

My background is in digital electronics and software (so I am VERY at home with 1980s SS machines) and I had a long career doing system integration and technical writing - mainly working for large American corporates like HP.
I am also interested in modern model railways, especially the command and control side of that (DCC etc) - but anything to do with trains is of interest to me!View attachment 146111
Hi. yo need any help with the Zac EMs give us a shout.

Hi. yo need any help with the Zac EMs give us a shout.
Hi Biff,

Many thanks for the offer.

Good to hear that at least some Pinheads like Zaccs - ever so many people I come into contact with are very dismissive or never heard of them! I think they were great.

However, mine are both early SS machines - though I expect the mechnical elements have a lot in common with the EMs so your advice on that area could be invaluable.

Thanks again
Alan T

Hi all. Another newbie here.
Ill be looking for a first pin very shortly. I have one in mind, ill post in the wanted section when im ready. And after ive figured out how to make a donation. lol
Anyway Ive been lucky enough to play a quiet few different pins over the past few weeks thanks to Collywobbles and another couple of ppl who I believe are members on here but dont no their forum names.
Im sure ill have a few questions some maybe stupid, so bear with me.
Thanks Lee.

Hello..
Another newbie, I'm John, 41 currently in Chatteris Cambridgeshire UK.
Would love to eventually own my own table but with prices seemingly at an all time high I will have to settle for visits to the seaside arcades for now.
I play fx3 on xbox. Everyone is welcome to friend add me on there my tag is Stoneroses80.
On a mission to beat my friends dr dude score he's up to rank 18 now!

Hi Biff,

Many thanks for the offer.

Good to hear that at least some Pinheads like Zaccs - ever so many people I come into contact with are very dismissive or never heard of them! I think they were great.

However, mine are both early SS machines - though I expect the mechnical elements have a lot in common with the EMs so your advice on that area could be invaluable.

Thanks again
Alan T
Welcome Alan, I love old zacc's i have a few of them, there is a chap local to me who has a huge collection of almost all the solid state Zaccs made. He also has loads of spare parts so if theres anything you need drop me a message and i can put you in touch. i dont believe he uses the forums at all.

good luck with the restos!

Welcome Alan, I love old zacc's i have a few of them, there is a chap local to me who has a huge collection of almost all the solid state Zaccs made. He also has loads of spare parts so if theres anything you need drop me a message and i can put you in touch. i dont believe he uses the forums at all.

good luck with the restos!
Thanks, that's great to know - I am working my way toward them slowly but when I get there I think I will definitely need spares and replacements. Love them Zaccs!

Many thanks!
Alan T

As an addendum to my original post.... is there anyone else based in Cornwall on here? As the county has been a premier holiday destination since - waaaay back - and had tons of seaside arcades and such like there must have been thousands of pinballs shipped down here over the years and with it being such a popular retirement place as well (me, me, me!) I find it really hard to believe that I am the only person in the whole of Cornwall with an interest!

Hiya,

New to the forum, saying hello.
Seems I just missed out on the pinfest event, although from the photos it looks like I am of the correct age, physique and fashion sense to attend the next one :)

I loved pinball since being a teenager, I haven't had one for a very long time, and am on the lookout for something to go in my office.
I'm pleased to see pinball still being made, I honestly thought they'd died out, I thought I'd be in the market for a 90s pin, but am now intrigued by the stern ones.
It seems a minefield to buy a pin now, so thanks for adding me here.

I'm in North hampshire, and am happy to hear of anything nearby that people want to sell.

Hiya,

New to the forum, saying hello.
Seems I just missed out on the pinfest event, although from the photos it looks like I am of the correct age, physique and fashion sense to attend the next one :)

I loved pinball since being a teenager, I haven't had one for a very long time, and am on the lookout for something to go in my office.
I'm pleased to see pinball still being made, I honestly thought they'd died out, I thought I'd be in the market for a 90s pin, but am now intrigued by the stern ones.
It seems a minefield to buy a pin now, so thanks for adding me here.

I'm in North hampshire, and am happy to hear of anything nearby that people want to sell.
Welcome to forum Chris. As others willl say, best way to choose is to go and play some and find out which floats your boat as different gamesa appeal to different people and you never know unitl you've played them.

Your're not too far from Special When Lit pinball club in Salisbury with a range of 25 machines or so from all eras so would recommend visiting there as your starting point. Open every Friday evening from 6.30 to 10,30. I'm there most weeks.

Back
Top Bottom